Minecraft RadioBot

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Wolfy9247, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Wolfy9247

I've recently been using the Last.FM plugin on my server, but I can't help but wonder if there's a way to take what song is "Currently Playing" from a radio stream (such as Shoutcast) and have a bot that will broadcast via chat in-game whenever a new song comes on with something such as, "[RadioBot] Now Playing: [Song Title] by [Artist]"

If nothing else, have it so it can broadcast a certain user's "Now Playing" (via something such as the Last.FM scrobbler as used in the Last.FM plugin) with the same idea of the [RadioBot]

I hope you can get what I'm trying to get across and that it could be possible to implement!

I may also add that (yes, sorry for double posting) as I saw in another topic, it'd be also useful to have something to control the Shoutcast Server from within the game, but if that's not possible or too complicated, I'd at least like to see if this original idea is possible at all.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016