Minecraft 1.2.4 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]

Mojang have just released an update to Minecraft, bringing us to 1.2.4.

This update is primarily a bug fix release but does include some nice improvements as well:
    Fixed:
    • Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
    • Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
    • Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
    • Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
    • Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
    • Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    • Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
    • Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
    • Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
    • Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
    • Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
    • Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
    • Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
    • Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
    • Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
    • Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
    • Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
    • “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
    • Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
    • Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
    • Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
    • Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
    • Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
    Added:
    • Chat history and much better chat editing
    • A few new decoration blocks
    • “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
    • Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
    • Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
    This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this. Please note: Minecraft 1.2.4 has bumped the protocol version, so it is incompatible with 1.2.3.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2. Offline

peeps613

well they r still dev building so glitches r prolly very prominent, does 1.2.4 fix tnt ghosts on single? or does it just claim to? i havent updated yet

there is a link on the page b4 this one

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  3. Offline

Blazednlovinit

Why dont people just wait on 1.1? No one is forcing an update, no one is changing your clients or servers without your knowing. An update should be a good thing..... and it would be if everyone didnt jump the gun to update XD. Bukkit team have always had to tolerate this. its not like people cant roll back their clients and servers either! it doesnt take a genius to replace one jar file for client and use your server backup (you do backup before updating right?)

i cant wait for the next build either but i say "take your time" to the developers, we're all receiving a type of charity here and should be grateful for the expertise that we get for free ^^

sorry, that was MY winge :) and sorry for reiterating about 100 other people before me, just wanted to weigh in my opinion to this maestrom of stress and panic we call a "thread"

My rule would be, go donate to the team $10 for every update they do, then at least you might have ONE leg to stand on for complaints :)

DHLF likes this.
  4. Offline

peeps613

he was complaining about mojang not bukkit, i dont see why mojang and bukkit cant come up with some way of simultaneously updating, that being said thanks bukkit:D

5. Offline

Lazpilara

Is there any ETA on bukkit 1.2.4? Just asking if there is one, If there is one, I haven't seen it. Keep up the good work guys.:) b d (thumbs up)

6. Offline

tyzoid

http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

Only dev. builds so far. I'm running it without problems.

7. Offline

DHLF

One of my mods like to do this.. and he wont stop below 8000 :mad:
    As I wrote above it was an explanation to when this happen. More exactly: It has to be a larger stack of tnt to get those ghost to be seen.
    Thats why I wrote it would take a long time to prove this on a vanilla server.
    :oops: Mistake in my last post:
    It should sound like: The last time I tried this with VanillaClient 1.2.4 on CraftBukkit #2122

8. Offline

benjamison24

The TNT ghost was so annoying when blowing up house areas. Thank you Mojang! :)

9. Offline

Swift68

[pig] Yay finally its out after the long wait :D

10. Offline

Bibber

One question: When will the mob wall glitch be fixed? This occured first in MC 1.8 or so (don't remember correctly) and it is still not fixed. It's really annoying to hear bone breaking sounds all the time when some sheeps are in my cage glitching on the walls or when I'm digging through the underground. Also mobs seem to be able to escape from an area surrounded by fences. I guess it's the same bug as they sometimes glitch and suddenly stand on top of the fence from where they can escape. Please fix this annoying bug.

11. Offline

TheKramSandwich

This should be a reminder to all you who complained. Are you happy now? The recommended build is out. The lesson i am here to tell you today has two parts to it. First part, "Did complaining get you anywhere? Really? Did it? Part 2- Dot get up in Bukkit's face telling them to work faster! They got the job done and considerably fast if i must say so myself. Thanks Bukkit for all the hard work! We owe you guys anything and everything! Keep up the hard work! Thanks!

12. Offline

palisade

No. The real moral of this story is that this is going to happen again. And, soon. And, there will be a great gnashing of teeth.

13. Offline

TnT

I'm pretty sure the real moral of the story is: "You cannot please everyone."

c0mp likes this.
  14. Offline

palisade

I don't think it's too much to expect that we can leave our servers up and running a little while before it getting broken again by an update.

Minecraft is about to upgrade to 1.2.5 really soon. And, even though there is now a 1.2.4 recommended build, bukkit isn't going to be ready again. So, suddenly all these server admins who are happy that 1.2.4 is out, are going to be banging their heads on their desk when 1.2.5 and bukkit and all their favorite plugins are broken again. And, the story repeats itself.

Why can't we coordinate with Mojang to make this painless for server administrators? You seem incredulous whenever I mention this. As if server admins should just enjoy the pain. I hear a lot of "too bads" in this forum instead of "let's make it better."

Note: I just read the pre-release! Looks like maybe Mojang heard our pleas. They had a conference with the bukkit team before 1.2.5 and gave them an early pre-release jar. Though, they only have a few days to get it up to a recommended release before the patch gets forced on all the clients. Here's hoping!!! :)

Chikyuno likes this.
  15. Offline

NatalieIsARanga

So has bukkit updated yet??

16. A few days ago.

17. Offline

Riffy

I needed the server jar for 1.2.3 I meant sorry.

18. Offline

boduzapho

They MIGHT work, but they are bloatware. Its not their fault they had to develop to cover as many server options as they could. This is a bad thing for guys who do DaddyCheese like hosts as they have VERY little ram. Not to mention when Mojang tosses out another Non-Backwards compatible release everybody who rely's on worldguard is basically screwed for a few days. I have 1 plugin besides worldedit on my server. It replaced Essentials, PermissionsEX, WorldGuard, Precious Stones, No Hack, and a few other, not to mention my own faction system, player shops, spam system and a ton more. AND it is smaller in size then WorldGuard. Im not saying thoes plugins are terrible, they are well written and do a good job, but for a serious server they do nothing more than eat memory.

19. Offline

Deleted user

• Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    Seems like they're always trying to fix it, although it never works >.>.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.