Minecraft 1.2.4 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]

Mojang have just released an update to Minecraft, bringing us to 1.2.4.

This update is primarily a bug fix release but does include some nice improvements as well:
    Fixed:
    • Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
    • Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
    • Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
    • Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
    • Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
    • Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    • Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
    • Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
    • Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
    • Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
    • Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
    • Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
    • Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
    • Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
    • Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
    • Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
    • Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
    • “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
    • Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
    • Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
    • Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
    • Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
    • Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
    Added:
    • Chat history and much better chat editing
    • A few new decoration blocks
    • “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
    • Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
    • Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
    This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this. Please note: Minecraft 1.2.4 has bumped the protocol version, so it is incompatible with 1.2.3.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2. Offline

Deffe

The amount of "I deserve things now, because I exist"-people in this thread is a very sad development for the community.

And yet again it comes down to these simple facts:
    - you did not pay for Bukkit.
    - you do not use/test their dev. and beta builds and give them feedback to speed up development.
    - you lack of the most basic argumentation skills and respect for the hard working folks who provided you with free entertainment for a very long time.

ergo: you are not entitled to anything from Bukkit and you are probably not a very pleasant person to be around.

Consider yourself lucky that the Bukkit people are ignoring trolls like you and still continue their work for free and for everyone to enjoy.

DHLF and TheKramSandwich like this.
  3. Offline

Tate182

how do i find the damn .jar for 1.2.4 :'(

4. Offline

Magnavoid

5. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

musicin3d and TheKramSandwich like this.
  6. Offline

getaim

Omg, i just said it.

7. Offline

xxNOOBHACKERxx

So when is the new Beta or Build coming out?

8. Offline

DaGammer46

How do i go back to 1.0 after i downloaded 1.2.4

9. Offline

Mooey123

aviator14 likes this.
  10. Offline

TheKramSandwich

Hell yea you set that damn person straight! And to the that fucker Zinkle99 you obviously have no idea what the hell it takes to do this! Honestly go fuck yourself! Your lucky to have this game in the first place and would have nothing without the good folks that work their asses off down at bukkit! This is bullshit for people to complain like that guy did. All i have to say is i salute you Deffe!

11. Offline

jliu168

You do have to take some things into consideration. If you look at the homepage on mojang.com, the post titled "Minecraft Patched to 1.2.4" says that Dinnerbone Tahg, Grum, and EvilSeph were working on bug fixes. I'm pretty sure that all of those people are Bukkit devs, and with their new work at Mojang, they have much less time to work on Bukkit. I would guess that 90% of the bugfixes were done by them, so I would be grateful for at least that much.

It does get a little disappointing, when most of the servers I play on don't get updated in a while, but I'm sure they're doing good work on Minecraft.

DHLF likes this.
  12. Offline

Sich

exactly ! All that problem will not happen with more time between updates...
    And yes, the Bukkit team is making a very good job !

13. Offline

palisade

Entire servers are lost now that will never be coming back. Plugins too. And, each time this happens it's eroding the community further and further. And, although I agree with everyone here who is saying don't hate on the bukkit team. Mojang could have organized the patch process in such a way as to minimize it's impact on server admins and plugin developers and thereby users. Instead, they chose not to and doomed us all to the misery that was this thread. That's my two cents.

I think it could have been handled better.

Don Redhorse and peeps613 like this.
  14. Offline

peeps613

hey im ok with a dev build but i would at least like to know a general time estimate so that i can reassure my users on when my server will be running 1..4 i understand that they r busy and what not but shouldn't they be working with mojang to prevent things like this from happening? i am not a big follower but it sill seems like there should be a better way of doing this

15. Offline

Lynxdragon

800th reply! (not including initial post)

It was probably failed, Failed builds are not shown as they are no good to anyone!

16. Offline

shmafoozius

If this really was the case, big servers would be permanently dead since the 1.8 update. 99% of players who're complaining because of something like delayed patches/not updating and say they'll never come back do in fact come back. Oh and they come back really fast most of the time. I know this from some other games where the same thing happens after each patch...

17. Offline

wiigor

Well now with the integrated developer api coming, the problem of the developer api lagging behind will be solved. I only hope the api will have at least the same functionality as craftbukkit has.

18. Offline

kalle1227

when i uppdate my server tis whas two day before the mincraft update to 1.2.4 i i was pretty mad......[sheep]

when will majong come up wit a mod support?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  19. Offline

DHLF

It may be true that many server admins got severe work to do now because of the recent client-updates.

As I was moving my old home server worlds to a dedicated server just between those client updates my "users" were so confused that they tried the new single player mode.. (including updating their clients -.-)
    Still I am rebuilding my server step by step with updated dev-plugins. Its painful!

In spite of showing the Craftbukkit-version using the server.properties part "motd=Server V.1.2.4" (maybe a hint for the develloping team? Automatically showing the used server version..in the server list?!)
    Many of those people try to connect with outdated clients:confused:.

If I got a wish for free.. I would like that every update will updates the plugins as well .. automatically :D

But as this is not possible we have to wait or try to tell our "users" not to update and to keep the stable version.

ITs not the fault of Mojang neither of the Bukkit Team!
    How could they "handle things better?"
    Mojang got somethings they want to add. Do you really think they will wait until some 3.rd party got things right?
    The bukkit team needs input from us and the users. There is no automatically testing script to see if things are working as expected..

Whoever want to run(try) the newest version (whatsoever) is responsible for any problems himself!!
    (like me-for the last time!)
    ALL except one of my "users" stay away until everything works. I HOPE they will come back..

Thank you for your try to help us with the plugins.. but a list with working plugins (including version numbers) would do it as well ;)

20. Offline

Sich

Perhaps just waiting at least 3 month between two update ?

Sich

Don Redhorse likes this.
  21. Offline

Kombains

Fixed TNT ghost in multiplayer? Really? MineCraft 1.2.4
    [​IMG]

22. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

That is minecraft server side, Bukkit may also have to update it to fix it entirely.

23. Offline

DHLF

Do you really want to be three month behind the vanilla version?
    Indeed.. this way the shouting all around in the froum would be stopped ;)

The old update problem -.-
    Why are so many people able to write their demands here.. but are not able to just copy their minecraft folder?

I am NOT against the step-by-step publishing of minor (dev) bugfix releases as the bukkit team used to.
    If they decide to push another (MINOR)version of Craftbukkit out to fix just ONE bug, why not?
    We all want bugfree and "stable" versions.
    Again: Its not Mojang neither Bukkit-Teams fault!
    They try as hard as they can.
    If someone believe he can do better then please join the team today!
    Otherwise: shut up (sorry ^^)

Its up to us server admins to decide if we want an old stable or an bleeding fresh dev!
    Keeping old stable may lock *dumb* updating users[sheep] out till next release build.

On the other hand.. what is with all those modders out there?
    To which of all the possible DEV-versions they should update their plugins?
    I am happy NOT having written a plugin myself so I can avoid at least this confusion :)

To all the people crying for a recommended build:
    Who wanted to upgrade? The admins? Or the "users"?
    And WHY did you upgrade? YOU wanted to build up in the sky, YOU wanted the kittens.. YOU could not wait!

It was YOUR decision what you did. And with any new version its always the same [fire]

(I did this mistake myself :'( because the users upgraded their clients.. but for the last time I hope )

PureTryOut likes this.
  24. Offline

Denni300

When does the Reconomy Build come out ?

25. Offline

Zenka

Sich means that Mojang should allow more time between their updates, not Bukkit withholding theirs ;)

And it's the users who update. Simply because Minecraft asks you to update on a quite non-discrete way once you've logged in after a patch is pushed.
    People just click "yes" like good Windows/MacOS users do. (they have been thought that updating is a good thing. and it usually is right?).

I think those two combined is the source of the problem.
    Every. Update. Again.

Ps. and Denni300, I think this thread tells the story of "when it's done". I predict the RB will take a while, but try the dev builds, they seem quite stable.

DHLF likes this.
  26. Offline

DHLF

What are you exactly looking for?
    If its worth waiting for the rEconomy plugin update: latest update was last year!!
    You should better look for an other plugin.

If you are looking for CraftBukkit Status look here-> Status
    Download (old Craftbukkit releasebuild 1.1-R6) -> here
    There are the betas and developments builds too!

Oops I missed that :oops:
    But as stated SOMEWHERE in earlier posts Mojang has the right to update as they like.
    Whenever howoften etc. We cant stop that :mad:
    It IS horrible for the bukkit team trying to keep Craftbukkit up-to-date within some days before Mojang throws the next version out..

We could stop playing minecraft using bukkit (NEVER!! :D)
    We could try to help the bukkit team (instead of insulting them for "lazyness" as seen in many posts above!!)
    We can be patient and use those stable version and FORCE users to AVOID upgrading ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  27. Offline

Sich

Yes, the bukkit team do some extraordinary job !
    I have never say anything against bukkit.

You said that Mojang have the right to make so many update.... Yes, of course.
    But if they want to respect the community, the dev and the server admin... Then they should delay their update.

Or continu with unstable release, but not asking users to update. Those who want can always download the dev release on minecraft.net.

Actually dev and admin are taking more time to follow Mojang that playing game.... Because the users always update (oh, which nice "yes" button.... I have to click on it).

DHLF likes this.
  28. Offline

lordsau007

i cnat wait to CraftBukkit 1.2.4 :)

29. Offline

DHLF

Now think about the net .. there are soo many shiny buttons people will click them without thinking -.-

There is a workaround for not clicking "accidently" on the update now-YES button:
    just overwrite the /minecraft/bin/version file with this file (remove the extension ".txt" from the download).
    Minecraft will then believe it was updated to the new 1.2.4 version..

Attached Files:

30. Offline

C0nsole

Wow. They still have quite a way to go lol

31. Offline

Motocross635

Wow that most be hard i have 30 and one more sometime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.