Minecraft 1.2.4 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]

Mojang have just released an update to Minecraft, bringing us to 1.2.4.

This update is primarily a bug fix release but does include some nice improvements as well:
    Fixed:
    • Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
    • Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
    • Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
    • Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
    • Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
    • Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    • Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
    • Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
    • Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
    • Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
    • Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
    • Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
    • Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
    • Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
    • Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
    • Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
    • Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
    • “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
    • Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
    • Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
    • Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
    • Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
    • Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
    Added:
    • Chat history and much better chat editing
    • A few new decoration blocks
    • “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
    • Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
    • Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
    This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this. Please note: Minecraft 1.2.4 has bumped the protocol version, so it is incompatible with 1.2.3.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

They are always being fixed. it may be fixed in next build, or in two BETA's time, depending on how bad they are.

3. Offline

Stuie

I think he meant will the bugs from a dev build persist on his server even after moving on to a newer build.

The bugs will go away once fixed in a future build, but any issues they caused on your specific server might not.

4. Offline

Zinkle99

this is fuckin dumb. u guys need to become to ful time server company. like minecraft cant even keep its own server up to date. this is such a waste of time. why get your friends to play minecraft when u cant play minecraft. fuck you notch and jeb. stop updateing soo god damn much. your killing your game slowly but surly

5. Offline

ultrafastphil17

• All caps posts are not allowed.
    YOU SHOULD RELEASE THE UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT 1.2.4 SO I CAN REOPEN MY SERVER TO THE PUBLIC!!

6. Offline

DerVermurkser

Zinkle99: I think that you are not fair and that you overreact. We all are waiting for the new release so that our servers work with the new version and sure this is annoying but you don't have to update your client. Just leave it like it is and play Minecraft 1.1. If you don't like the updates, then don't download them.
    Both the bukkit team and mojang are doing a grat job. This is a shipload of work. If you are a programmer you would know that, if not, trust me, it is really time consuming to maintain and evolve a project like Minecraft/Bukkit.
    You also should not forget that Bukkit is for free.

So stay calm, use Minecraft-1.1 and enjoy playing minecraft with your friends

PureTryOut likes this.
  7. Offline

Godgeneral

Guys, my bukkit wont open my old map, it says that it cant convert the map. but i have to go further because it must be finish in 10 weeks
    can someone help me?
    i have to run this map because it is a big project for school

please reply if there is an recommended build

Attached Files:

8. Offline

TheKramSandwich

Shut the hell up and stop complaining! It will come!

DHLF and CRAZYxMUNK3Y like this.
  9. Offline

aceius

Hmmmm
    I think Bukkit is dead.
    Nothing more.
    The Developers killed it one or two months ago.

10. Offline

Godgeneral

i hope it will be soon

dont think so

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  11. Offline

Gymnae

So much hate here. It reminds me of the ps3 community, or dc community before that. Or even the free servers for WoW. Kids, don't yell too loud, because some devs might just get so pissed of an stop working on the project - it wouldn't have been the first "scene" to suffer from losses due to ungrateful leecher and lurker hate.

Obviously a lot of you fuckups have no idea what coding or maintaining a project really means. So go play single player. And if your players complain, then they are just as dumb as you are and you don't deserve a project like bukkit anyhow.

I'm sorry, I don't wanna feed the trolls and be one myself, but all this whining about a free project that is handled more professionally than many commercial software projects is just ungrateful. Kids, learn to do something like this yourself, get a perspective, come back, and be sorry.

Having said that: the 1.2.4 dev versions work fine for me. plugins: commandbook, worldedit, dynmap and spacebukkit.

Yes it is, just because four members of the team joined mojang, the bukkit project hasn't changed. mojang shares sourcecode with the team (if I understood correctly) but that doesn't mean they have a say in the sourcecode or that it helps to prepare an RB just when Sirs like you like them to. Do you work in IT?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  12. Offline

Godgeneral

yes, they have to, but maybe someone have to talk with these guys or mojang, it is taking to long now.
    if they really joined mojang, mojang have to help bukkit to release faster

13. Offline

Opus

Bukkit has access to the source code, they documented it here on these forums a while ago. The issue with naming this as a reason that they should be able to coincide release schedules is stupid however.

Mojang (Jeb and whoever else work on Minecraft these days) have always written code right up to the zero hour of release. This means that while yes, the bukkit team may have had access to the source code, the code was not finalized until the update was pushed out. Meaning that essentially, they get final access at the same time we do.

The bigger issue, and the one we should be complaining about (and not complaining here....) is the rapid fire updates from Mojang. If they slowed down their release schedule and actually held back things for major updates say every 3 months or so, it would give server owners a chance to actually build their ranks up and have time to play rather than always scrambling to get it updated and working again.

So to the bukkit team: Keep up the good work. I know it must be frustrating trying to keep up, get in everything that is necessary, please the masses, and put out something you can be proud of. Not to mention that you have to eat and sleep at some point.

To Mojang: Please consider slowing down the updates. You can still put out weekly builds, or beta versions of updates so you can get feedback from testers. In return, when updates come around and have a lot of content, it will cause a buzz around Minecraft again while everybody explores all the new content. It will probably spur sales too.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  14. Offline

mortenzzonazxd

FFS came with the update

15. Offline

palisade

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. There are GOING to be bugs in dev builds. Do not be angry at bukkit, myself or the plugin developers for any bugs you find in this Muckit package. They're already working on ironing them out. Note: Back up your worlds before you use this, I won't be held responsible for you breaking your worlds.

Muckit v1.2.4 #2120 (16MB) Download Link

This is the first release of my Muckit version of Bukkit, running the latest dev build of bukkit and dev builds of many of my favorite plugins. This is essentially what I'm running on my own server at the moment. I put this together as a kit that others can download and just run in the hopes that it will help others get their servers back up and running.

List Of Plugins Included (open)

Plugins included (read the websites for this plugins for further instructions on usage:
    • BorderGuard - This allows you to determine a maximum size for your world. I left this unconfigured, so you'll have to set your own border.
    • Citizens - You can have AI characters in your game.
    • dynmap - A Google Maps-like website via yourdomain.com:8123 that lets your users see your world as a map. This does not require a webserver to work. I've configured this to generate 85 quality level jpegs instead of PNG. They're a little blurrier, but they save on bandwidth. Also, by default dynmap will display the surface world in 3D instead of 2D.
    • Dynmap-Essentials - Plugin for dynmap that allows you to see warps and homes on the map.
    • Dynmap-Factions - Plugin for dynmap that allows you to see factions on the map.
    • Essentials - Many basic much needed commands, chat ans spawn features, warping, protections, and economy. I enabled balance, buy, sell, trade, warp, mail, heal and protection signs. And, I've disabled annoying commands that my ops were abusing; fireball, smite, shock, thor, strike, nuke, kittycannon, killall, butcher, ext, extinguish, powertool, spawnmob, nick. I've also prevented fireball explosions, fire spread and lava flow to minimize griefing. However, enough users demanded creep explosions and tnt stay enabled that I left those on. Enderman messing with blocks has also been disabled.
    • Factions - This allows players to own land and protect it, and fight for it. I've configured it to use an economy, so players have to buy land to claim it. This requires Essentials and Vault to provide the economy but you could try replacing it with your preferred economy plugin if you can get one to work.
    • LagMeter - Plugin lets you type /lag or /lagmem to see the TPS lag rating for your server, 19 or 20 is good. It also keeps a rolling average in a log file in the plugin's directory over time.
    • mcMMO - A role playing system - I left this unconfigured so that server admins will get a fresh mcMMO.
    • Minequery - This can be used by tools like the AsciiBukkitMenu launcher to display the players that are currently online.
    • PermissionsBukkit-1.6 - This is the official bukkit permission management system.
    • PluginMetrics - This reports back the plugins you're using to a website. It gets created by another plugin. I've turned it off by default.
    • PlugMan - You can load, unload, disable and enable plugins in-game or from the server console.
    • TreeAssist - Cut trees down by hitting their base. I've configured this to require iron axe or better. Also, I reduced custom leaf decay to 1% so less saplings drop from leaves afterwards.
    • Vault - An economy system.
    • worldedit-5.3-SNAPSHOT - You can build many things that you couldn't normally, this requires op privileges to use.

I created this in the hopes that someone will find it useful. If you use mcMyAdmin just ignore it when it warns you, it doesn't know about dev builds. Make sure to edit the permissionsbukkit config.yml and remove blakesteel from admins and place yourself in there. The same goes for permissions.yml in the root directory. I just left myself in there as a placeholder. The permissions might not be configured the way you like them, or you might prefer another permission system. I leave that up to you as a server admin to configure differently. The same is true for any other plugin configurations. I also use CommandHelper for aliasing /market to /warp market on my own server. However, I left this plugin out of this kit because the very first time you use a commandhelper command after a fresh server launch, it reports a nasty exception in the server.log. Even though the plugin works, this exception can be disconcerting to a server admin so I decided not to include this plugin. Run with ABM, your own launching script, or java -jar craftbukkit.jar and options you want. On windows, you can run the run.bat, but make sure to edit it to use the path to where you have java installed if you do. Also, the run.bat assumes a 4 core processor, you might need to change that and change assumptions about RAM. Hope this tides people over until the Bukkit team can make a formal release.
    - Palisade (blakesteel)

I'll be maintaining it on this forum post in the future:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/muckit-a-roll-up-of-the-latest-dev-bukkit-plugins.67329/

16. Offline

rikusoradark

we should update ALL the plugins? why I have just finished updating the plugin for 1.2.3

17. Offline

TheKramSandwich

I know there was no RB but it still worked right? As long as it works its fine and it takes time to do these updates. Shut the hell up on the comments with the complaining! Complaining on the comments does nothing to make them go faster. And they are releasing the builds as they are ready. Like I said it takes time to work out all the kinks and bugs to make it perfect. And that's how we all want it isn't it? Perfect? I know i do but im not complaining for them to get it up! It takes time so be patient and do something else in the mean time. I know everyone has something else they can do until it is up.

18. Offline

Richard Gowen

Dude, you rock!
    I was looking to start up a bukkit server again after a few months away from the game. I was just going through all the things I would need to do to get it going with a bukkit dev build when I stumbled across your post and DL link. This looks like it will work perfect for me to start playing right away until bukkit can get a new recommended build done. Havent tried it yet. But just wanted to say thanks for posting it as it will most likely save me a boatload of time.

19. Offline

lavapenguin

please realese craftbukkit 1.2.4 i know how hard it is to make a recommended build so could you at least realese a beta build PLEASE

20. when do the craftbukkit beta or recommended build come out???

21. Offline

ShaBren

To the Bukkit Team:

Thank You! From one developer to another, thank you for all your hard work.

To everyone complaining:
    It sickens me to see so many people in this thread whining, complaining, and cursing about something they get for free. I too run a server, though a fairly small one. But you don't see me in here screaming and ranting at the people who are doing me a favor. If getting an RB is so important to you, I recommend going by Barnes & Nobles and picking up a copy of Java for Dummies. The project is open source, fork it and update it yourself. Oh, that sounds too much like work? That's what I thought.

To anyone willing to listen:
    Believe it or not, the dev builds are actually very stable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they're as stable as the RBs from this time last year. Give 'em a try!

22. Offline

RoryBecker

First of all. I agree 100% with what you said. I'm very grateful to the bukkit developers for their work.

I've just tried what you suggested. Everything seemed to go well initially. However the main plugin I use (Multiverse) seems not to be compatible at this time.

I guess I'll have to be a little more patient. :)

DHLF, Deffe and TheKramSandwich like this.
  23. Offline

musicin3d

Is there someplace I can see the progress? I'd be ok with the dev build if I could convince myself it's safe.

24. Offline

lordsau007

• All caps text not acceptable
    I NEED BUKKIT I CANT WAIT :)

25. Offline

palisade

Post Removed By Forum Moderator

26. Offline

RoryBecker

After I screwed my head back on the right way, I realized that I also needed to upgrade to the most recent dev build of multiverse.

For those interested, the "Dev Builds" links on this page seem to work really well :)

For the moment at least, things are looking up.

My thanks to all involved (Mojang, Bukkit, and the multiverse plugin team)

27. Offline

TheKramSandwich

This is the best thing i have heard out of anyone here so far. Thank you good sir! All of the rest of you should read this and like it and agree with it! This is how games are meant to be played and the acceptance every developer should get! We are playing their game and we depend on THEM to play it. Without them we would be nothing. At least now i know there is at least one sensible person on this forums list. If you think you are sensible then like this man or women's post(idk on how to tell srry) and reply to it with an agree. If you disagree shame on you. Shame on you.

Deffe likes this.
  28. Offline

TnT

You cannot redistribute Bukkit/Craftbukkit. You must also get permission for all plugin devs before you redistribute their plugins.

Removed download link.

29. Offline

Zenka

As for "professional release schedule" I rarely see them in the gaming industry. Everything gets delayed and delayed (and not only Blizzard or Valve). Even my own game-release is being pushed back ;)
    Mojang sticks with the "release early, release often" idea. Which is something that grew out of community-based projects I believe.

What I do mind is that they make it hard for the community to work with it. People riot every time there is a Minecraft update, mostly because the less informed users just update their client and cannot join their favorite servers anymore.

If Mojang takes their community seriously, they could actually try to help us. I know about the whole we-make-a-new-API initiative, but that puts existing communities like Bukkit is an awkward position.
    Would it be great, for example, if they release an update to parties like Bukkit some weeks before they push them live? That way the community developers can make preparations before the big day.

Also:
    Exactly that! Thank you ShaBren for stating it nice and clearly :)

30. Offline

palisade

Okay, it looks like I misunderstood what is going on. Bukkit isn't actually GPL even though it says it is, because it has proprietary Minecraft server code inside of it. Therefore, I can't legally redistribute it to end users. For that matter, Bukkit can't legally distribute it either.

Sorry everyone, wish I could have helped. :-(

However, TnT, the part where you say I have to get permission from the plugin developers isn't correct. Most of them release their code under GPL or LGPL, and since their code doesn't contain proprietary code it can be redistributed without explicit permission. The permission is already given in the license. The real issue is craftbukkit itself.

31. Offline

getaim

What the hell are you guys waiting for? Go http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/ and download the last devbuild and be happy. It works for me since 3 days and i have a really big server with a lot of plugins. Essentials, WorldGuard, WorldEdit...

Look at the big servers, they are all 1.2.4. Do you guys think they use vanilla? If your Serverhoster only supports RB go fucking FTP rename the devbuild to craftbukkit or whatever the hoster named it and replace the old one with the devbuild, restart and there you go your fucking server is 1.2.4 and all the plugins work. If not go to bukkitdev and dl a devbuild dont worry it wont fucking destroy anything. I even don't use any RB if not necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.