Minecraft 1.2.4 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]

Mojang have just released an update to Minecraft, bringing us to 1.2.4.

This update is primarily a bug fix release but does include some nice improvements as well:
    Fixed:
    • Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
    • Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
    • Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
    • Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
    • Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
    • Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    • Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
    • Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
    • Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
    • Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
    • Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
    • Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
    • Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
    • Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
    • Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
    • Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
    • Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
    • “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
    • Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
    • Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
    • Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
    • Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
    • Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
    Added:
    • Chat history and much better chat editing
    • A few new decoration blocks
    • “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
    • Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
    • Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
    This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this. Please note: Minecraft 1.2.4 has bumped the protocol version, so it is incompatible with 1.2.3.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2. Offline

Riffy

Does anyone still have a copy of the clean 1.2.3 server jar. I am pulling my hair out trying to find one so we can play with mods tonight.

3. Offline

HourlyCookie

is 1.2.4 bukkit out?????

4. Offline

RedFox071

I think this one is clean.
    Edit: Tried to upload a file. Guess it didnt work.

Attached Files:

5. Offline

PixelBurst

All these people coming in here truly are retarded - I've been running a server for a week and I understand every simple instruction on this site, even the dev builds and such. I've had no problems running 1.2.3 betas, or 1.2.4 dev builds and all of the plugins I am using work.

Learn to read, and spell and maybe you will get a bit further in life.

Feel free to join us at lamecraft.info :)

Mooey123 and ReaZaaa like this.
  6. Offline

ThaAussieNub

This is just bs.. Now , Your part of Mojang so you should have updates ready not have to wait weeks and weeks for a new RB to come out , I only just got my players to update there minecraft thinking that the 1.2.3 would be ready ect and there would be a rb suitable but no , Yous are just lounging around doing sweet F.a . I lose players when they cant log on because they lose interest waiting for a new build to come out i say have patience it takes a few days .. but when it takes longer and longer each time is just not fair to the players and owners of servers who have to wait and wait longer each time.

7. Offline

Calleske

Can someone tell me when 1.2.4 bukkit-server out is? A development build or beta is good enough. Thanks for helping me! :D

8. Offline

TNThymo

There is an update!
    go to here

9. Offline

TheNoobWar

Servers are fine, what are you complaining about?

10. Offline

DHLF

It works fine and those file is exactly matching my V1.2.3 which I have copied from those /.minecraft/bin/ Folder to a safe place.
    Why are so many people not to be able to COPY their minecraft.jar file to a safe place before any upgrade/modding..?

I think its not mojangs fault or that of the bukkit team either.
    The question is why do people click buttons without reading/thinking before?
    Sometimes people are stupid but there is an easy solution for "accidently" clicking on "yes" to upgrade the clients:

Minecraft compares the /.minecraft/bin/version file with the newes minecraft.jar version.
    If someone first copied his/her /.minecraft folder to a /safe location and start MC with force update.. there will be a new version file with the actual version numer.
    Delete ALL except this file from your new /.minecraft folder and copy your /safe location OLD MC back.

I attached a version.txt file: all you have to do is rename it to just version without extension and drop it in you /.minecraft/bin/ folder (overwrite the existing version file)

This way MC will believe you are running the actual Version.. and wont show the "update Now?" until the NEXT update..

Someone may write this text in a way it will be understood better, english is not my first language :D

It would be easier if mojang could add a "dont nag me anymore" option in the update dialogue..

Attached Files:

11. Offline

S3thc0n

No, THIS here is bullshit. The Bukkit team is doing all the work for free and in their free time, how do you dare speaking like that? It's not like you hired them, it's not their obligation to write such a great mod. Not enough they did a lot of work at Mojang fixing bugs (don't know about the others, but Dinnerbone has coded many fixes), now you say you don't want 1.2.4? Don't you realize they are doing you a favor?
    And RBs are called so, because they are fully tested and everything is 100% fine, so we shouldn't expect it to be ready earlier than when it is good.
    Now guess why the IRC channel (which is very active) seemed dead to you and why they ignored you.
    They don't exactly know themselves when the RB will be out, and don't you think if they wanted to release any information they'd have done that in public? Instead of stealing their time better let them work and do not bother them with such a shit.

Thanks for reading.

SmallPeruvian and RedFox071 like this.
  12. Offline

DerryFrosty98

well maybe their eyes wouldn't be hurting right now if they did their work before a new update, saving all this hassle by releasing an RB as soon as the update was released publicly. i thought that the Mojang/Bukkit merger was to try and stop most of this hassle. I havnt seen much hassle-saving yet

stop being a lick-up. we didnt hire them, but they joined forces with mojang. so, after thinking about the mojang/bukkit merger, would it not be senible to say that if mojang kept in contact with bukkit, and kept them up to date, they couldve made dev builds, sent them to mojang, tested them there, and have a RB released at the same time. even if it does mean that the update comes out a few days/weeks later. if bukkit and mojang cant work together and release things that work with each other at the same time/soon after, whats the point in the merger?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Mooey123 likes this.
  13. Offline

lordsau007

• All caps posts are not allowed.
    I NEED BUKKIT UPDATE NOW!!!!!

14. Offline

ReaZaaa

It's weekend!!!

15. Offline

TerrabyteX

It seems that I cant still run Factions version 1.6.6b or 1.6.7 on my 1.2.4 server . It says failed to get gson.jar ?

16. Offline

supaFool

json is the config file format factions uses, so it should be one of the folders, my factions works fine :)

17. Offline

008agenta

where exactly is the download link?

18. Offline

Stuie

So? That would set an expectation for MORE progress, not less. Modding is not a Monday-Friday 9-5 job for most people; it's something you do in your spare time (as in nights and weekends).

I'll be happy with the updates whenever they're available. Some of the back-and-forth on this forum is just silly.

008agenta
    All the download links are here:
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/
    Not sure why they don't organize this site better. Same questions end up getting asked over and over. Maybe that points to some poor site design. But its all volunteer work, so we should appreciate what we've got and help people when they need it instead of jumping all over them.

19. Offline

TheKramSandwich

Ok... listen up. I've read most of the comments on these pages and you people are something else. I posted a comment before that is the same fu3king thing as what I'm saying now. THEY ARE WORKING TO DO IT AND WE EITHER NEED TO WAIT OR PLAY WITH A 1.2.3 JAR! NOT POST 700 COMMENTS ALL SAYING EITHER, "We need and update" or "Bukkit needs to work harder"! They are working so shut the hell up and WAIT! Honestly just find something else to occupy our time until they have the new build out. Also, I run my own server too. I'm mad like you guys that there isn't a build out yet but GIVE THEM SOME TIME! Its been what? 2 days since the minecraft update? It takes time to do all this stuff and as someone said early, they also might have a family or job or school or whatever. For most of them this ins't a full time nonpaying job! It takes time to fix and make new stuff! I don' know about some of you that play this 24/7 but just do something else in the meantime! My point is, they are working, sit your asses down and wait, shut up on the comments, and the update will get here when it gets here. complaining on the comments does not make them go any faster, It just pisses them off! So WAIT YOUR TURN AND IT WILL GET HERE!

DHLF likes this.
  20. THANK YOU SO MUCH lol

21. Offline

DHLF

If I were in those developer team and read some of this offending comments in this thread..
    I would STOP working AT ONCE and shout: "DO IT YOURSELF!"
    Unthankfully *(bad words for stupid whining people)* ..
    Really.. I am still waiting for some more progress here too, but.. who forced you to install more than a handful of plugins?
    Maybe they do as someone suggested: Stopping access to dev-versions and preparing the next release build (what will take much more time than those step-by-step fixing during the last days..)?

Calm down people, learn to READ and to think, not to demand new shiny RBs ervery 10 minutes -.-

22. Offline

Deffe

I really don't get how people like DerryFrosty98 and minejames1 use the merger of Bukkit and Mojang as the primary excuse for raging about not getting their favourite mod updated immediately. The implementation of Bukkit into Mojang is only a month old guys! I have supervised a merger of two much smaller firms and we ran into communication problems and redundencies for months and months after. The stabilizing point was over a year later, that is why many firms think twice before doing so, it usually DECREASES productivity and effectiveness of your company until everything normalises. Connecting two business groups into one solid unit is a long and struggling experience, especially when the product needs constant revision as well.

I run my own server as well, and yes my users are frustrated too and I lose some of them. But it is a GAME in the end and after all. If you are making it a source of income (donations, sponsoring etc.) then you KNEW the risks of using a mod and that it might backfire during major updates.

So sit down, take a breather, and be patient. It's done, when it's done.

Chromana, DHLF, frog and 2 others like this.
  23. Offline

The Commander

I am sorry, but I to work full time and bla bla family. (so don't pull that one)
    These dev builds do not have MAJOR problems, I have only lost about 6 hours (if that) due to a faulty plugin, and this is the plugins fault and not bukkits.

So instead of sitting there bitching at the Bukkit team for a RB of 1.2.4 why don't you use a Dev build so you can report on issues that may occur to speed up the process of a RB, pretty simple logic really.

ReaZaaa, frog and Deffe like this.
  24. Offline

DerryFrosty98

1. because i really dont like using dev builds
    2. its not our duty to use dev builds. bukkit release a dev build and test it. they make improvements to it, release a better dev build, test it, fix bugs, and repeat it numerous times. when they finally have a good build, they release it as "Recommended Build". Since Mojang and Bukkit have now merged, why are we still waiting for a RB when Bukkit had time to test out new dev builds and fix them before anyone else? why didnt they do that while the update was ready, even if it did mean that the update was released a week or so later, to save all this hassle and frustration, and just have a tried, tested and fixed RB released at the same time as the 1.2.4 update?

i am not making it my main source of income. i have more sense than to make such an enterprise my main source of income. but it is a major frustration to all in my community, players and admins alike. why? because it now means that my 1 week old server, which went through about 2 weeks of plugin testing, spawn preperation, etc. is now BACK down, for the 2nd time in less than a month.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  25. Offline

darth irule

Can anyone please tell me how to update bukkit to one of the dev builds? My server host uses mcmyadmin and I use filezilla to acess the files on it.

26. Offline

Zobtzler

Well, you MAY have a point... BUT they didn't made a RB for 1.2.3 bacause they maybe had many bugs, or they do want some spare time, or they did know that 1.2.4 was going to be released.
    You know, I don't think you would have spent time on a RB for 1.2.3 if you knew that 1.2.4 was going to be released, wouldn't you? Because I wouldn't.
    And I hope you know that the Mojang team are now programing in a diffrent way then before.
    /Zobtzler

DHLF likes this.
  27. Offline

colefrick

Well see they haven't even gotten a 1.2.3 Recommended build so that means 1.2.4 Will take just another 5 months again..

28. Offline

Don Redhorse

they are off to sweden, don't except a lot in the next couple of days..

29. Offline

Sich

ok well....
    The real problem is not bukkit... it's Mojang....

Why the hell they publish new version every 6 weeks ? This version are full with bugs !!!!

Just make a new version every 6 month, make an unstable version with a lot of update if they want....
    But let users and server admin runing stable server, with a stable software, and stable plugin !!

I don't count all the plugin that I have used in the past that the dev had just abandonned.... Every month they have to update, because it's endless....

I was hoping that the "stable" version of MineCraft would say few update... But no....
    Plugin or client mod are not finish updating, that a new version is out ! It's just crazy !

I am runing a BuildCraft / IndustrialCraft server, it take a long time for all mod to be updated. As I say, when they have finish to update, then Mojang push out a new version. With very few new thing, but always more bug !!!

All these problem will not happen, if Mojang can be just a little serious, and stop publishing a new version every month !!

We need stability, not all to be broken for a new cat, or new trees !

Thanks to bukkit for their job, but now that they are with Mojang, perhaps that they can explain to stop with new version.... Just making a real update, fully tested.... And not before 6 months....

Sich

Don Redhorse likes this.
  30. Offline

Bobby123179

That's a lot of bug fixes:)

31. Offline

DHLF

Well I did not know that.. but as far as I know someone must do a heavy bug-hunting and this time it sounds like a 1.2.4 release version :rolleyes:
    Maybe not tonight or tomorrow.. but perhaps within few days. Just wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.