[MECH] WorldBorder v1.7.2 - feature-rich world size limiting plugin [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Brettflan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Brettflan

2. Offline

50l3r

IMPORTANT

I have a question

If a user has already agreed to such a position of x = 12000 and I defines the map to 5000, the server releases of some type of load or stays the same because the map has already been generated?

3. Offline

Brettflan

I don't really understand the question, sorry.

4. Offline

50l3r

WORLDBORDER serves to delimit a map and that this does not become larger while a user walks away

If I already I have a map with 15000 eg radio, and mark to 5000. I erased the rest to free up space on the map?

If it is not. As I could delete?

Sory i use a translator

5. Offline

Brettflan

Ah, OK. If you have a larger world and set a smaller border for it, and you want to get rid of everything beyond your new smaller border, you can use the "trim" command for that.

6. Offline

50l3r

trim command? I could comment more on this?

7. Offline

Brettflan

>>

8. Offline

50l3r

my hero :DDD

9. Offline

xxKoMiSxx

I've got one question - is there any option to border map that "already exist". I mean, the area, that is now generated, my actual map. I don't know accurate coordinates for every extreme point, so I can't precisely define where are edges..

10. Offline

Brettflan

Not currently, no. Sorry.

11. Offline

Neobenedict

Does this plugin have a visual marker on the border?

12. Offline

Brettflan

Sorry, but not currently. That's on my "look into eventually" list.

13. Offline

50l3r

i have a big problem

when i execute a /wborder trim and confirm the command, my server goes down but not the java process

i disable a dynmap but when i enable after the "trim" my map is visible

14. Offline

Nazerb

Can someone just tell me the permission for exception through the border because none of it is explained

15. Offline

Razorcane

I have a rectangular map that stretches from 4000,6000 to -4000,-6000 diagonally. Is it possible to set a rectangular border?

16. Offline

Brettflan

........... How does your server go down but not the java process? That makes no sense. Anyway, if something goes down, the cause of it is generally logged, so that would be a good place to start.
    Also, what do you mean by your map being visible after the trim process? I would hope your map would indeed be visible.

Not possible for performance reasons. If you really want it, someone released a modified version (a few official releases back) which allows Ops beyond the border. Rather than hunt around for it in the thread, I'll leave that to you.

Only round and square borders are currently supported, not rectangular. Sorry.

17. Offline

Pythros

<3

I've been looking for a plugin to do something to the extent of the fill function! Thank you very much! I wish I found this a while ago ^^

18. Offline

unl33t

Just wanted to drop a note saying that I LOVE this plugin! The fill/trim just made management SO much easier for my needs. Keep up the awesome work!

Pythros likes this.
  19. Offline

mrciku

I get an exception when I try to trim my world, DynMap is off.

Code:
    13:01:52 [INFO] WorldBorder map trimming task started.
    13:01:53 [WARNING] Task of 'WorldBorder' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.preserveChunk(CraftWorld.java:57)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.unloadChunk(CraftWorld.java:164)
            at com.wimbli.WorldBorder.WorldTrimTask.unloadChunks(WorldTrimTask.java:268)
            at com.wimbli.WorldBorder.WorldTrimTask.run(WorldTrimTask.java:157)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    13:01:58 [INFO] Cancelling the world map trimming task.
    Any idea why?

20. Offline

Brettflan

Looks like Bukkit is getting an NPE for some reason in CraftWorld.preserveChunk(). The code in WorldBorder there is simply telling CraftBukkit to make sure the chunks which need to be trimmed are unloaded (for safe removal), so it shouldn't be the fault of WorldBorder directly. You might try restarting your server and running it again. If you still have problems, you might try it with just WorldBorder loaded.
    What version of CraftBukkit are you running, out of curiosity?

21. Offline

mrciku

Ok! I found the real cause, trimming (not sure about filling) doesn't work on the latest RB, when I reverted back to 1240 it worked!

Also, on another note, I have realized that "/wb reload" and "/wb woosh" (on/off) does not work properly. Reloading seems to revert the file to it's last known configuration instead of reloading it. Whereas the woosh isn't registered.

22. Offline

Brettflan

1. Confirmed. I've submitted a pull request to CraftBukkit to fix it, hopefully it will be taken care of for the next RB.
    2. Confirmed that /wb reload is not working. It used to work and I've checked my source and found no problems, so I'm not sure when it stopped working. I'll look into it further when I have time, but for now there's no real need to use it since you can change all settings using commands in-game. On the other hand, /wb whoosh on/off works fine (note "whoosh" instead of "woosh").

23. Offline

mrciku

Oh, ok.

24. Offline

der_robert

Hi,

I have a strange problem.
    I've placed a fixed radius of 1600 (/wb set 1600). But if I "/wb fill" start then I get the following error message:

Code:
    16:02:19 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [Fill] No border found for world "world"!§6 (free mem: 177 MB)
    16:02:19 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [Fill] Available memory is very low, task is pausing. Will automatically continue if/when sufficient memory is freed up.
     Alternately, if you restart the server, this task will automatically continue once the server is back up.

However, the server is running with 22GB of RAM, there is no one at the server and a newly created world.

25. Offline

Brettflan

1. What output do you get if you run /wb list?
    2. How much memory do you actually have allocated to CraftBukkit itself? That's what WorldBorder goes on and what is important, the amount of memory the CraftBukkit process has available. Another way to verify available memory is to use the gc command in the console.

26. Offline

Bobsqeezeorg

Is there anyway to give certain people permission to go past the worldborder? or does it just stop generating land past the worldboarder?

27. Offline

DreamPhreak

I would also like to report this issue about the Trim feature.. Disabled DynMap and 12 other plugins, all i have running now is:
    But it still gives the same error:

Code:
    20:22:10 [INFO] WorldBorder map trimming task started.
    20:22:10 [WARNING] Task of 'WorldBorder' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.preserveChunk(CraftWorld.java:57)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.unloadChunk(CraftWorld.java:164)
            at com.wimbli.WorldBorder.WorldTrimTask.unloadChunks(WorldTrimTask.java:268)
            at com.wimbli.WorldBorder.WorldTrimTask.run(WorldTrimTask.java:157)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

And my version of bukkit is 1126 (MC: 1.8.1)

28. Offline

Brettflan

1126? You're looking at the wrong number in the version string, you're running 1318 (git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1126-g35eac7a-b1318jnks).
    And yes, there's a bug in CraftBukkit causing that error when you try and use WorldBorder's trim command. I've submitted a pull request to them with a fix, so hopefully it will be fixed with the next RB of CraftBukkit.
    In the meantime, I'll look into a workaround for the problem soonish to implement into WorldBorder.

Sorry, overlooked this earlier. Nobody is allowed beyond the border.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  29. Offline

Bobsqeezeorg

ahh... ok thats fine.... I just wanted to have it set up so only donors could go on the other side of the border, and have like an epic city there

30. Offline

StupidWeasel

You'd probably be better using something like World Guard and setting the region flag to only allow folks from the donor group.

Whilst I'm posting in this thread, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you Brettflan for an excellent plugin. It does exactly what it says on the tin in a smart & efficient way.

31. Offline

DreamPhreak

Oh haha, and thank you.

(git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1126-g35eac7a-b1317jnks (1317))