[MECH][TP] Graveyard v0.4.4 - Multiple player respawn locations. [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by McSpazzy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

McSpazzy

Graveyard - Allows server operators to define multiple respawn points.
    Version: v0.4.4

Just put in plugins directory and off you go. Config files generated on the fly.
    Built and tested with Craftbukkit 1317.

New development site =D
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/graveyard/

Features:
    • Allows admins to define names and coordinates in config files.
    • Players respawn at closest point.
    • Permissions support for commands.
    Note: This currently overrides many other plugins spawn management.

Commands:

/gy add SpawnName​
    /gy delete SpawnName​
    /gy list​
    /gy list world​
    /gy closest​
    /gy tp SpawnName​
    /gy tp closest​
    /gy tp random​
    /gy info​
    /gy reload​
    /gy version​

Feel free to add as many words in the name as you want. Such as 'Super happy fun spawn point of doom' or something equally as awesome.

Permissions:
    graveyard.command.tp​
    graveyard.command.add​
    graveyard.command.list​
    graveyard.command.closest​
    graveyard.command.delete​
    graveyard.command.message​
    graveyard.command.reload​
    graveyard.command.info​
    graveyard.spawn.[groupname]​
    graveyard.respawn.closest​
    graveyard.respawn.random​
    graveyard.respawn.bed​
    graveyard.respawn.invincible​

Download v0.4.4
    Download v0.4.3
    Download v0.4.2
    Download v0.4.1
    Download v0.4

To Do:
    • Point discovery.
    • Proper documentation.
    Coming in next version (Probably):

Change log:
    Version 0.4.4 - Some pretty big changes.
    • No longer requires permissions to work. If no permissions plugin installed it will automatically let all players spawn at all points.
    • Supports PEX and PermissionsBukkit
    • Took the bed support out for now till I can find a better way to implement it.
    • New points are automatically in the 'default' group which needs no permissions to spawn at, just the graveyard.respawn.closest or random.
    • Updated the configuration code to reflect changes in the new RB.
    Version 0.4.3
    • Option to enable an invincible timer on respawn.
    • Threaded file IO
    • Added commands '/gy tp random' and '/gy tp closest'
    Version 0.4.2

• Configurable option to check/auto notify if there is a new version
    • Permission to change between closest or random spawn point.
    • Allow beds to be used. If set to true in config, will attempt to spawn player at their bed, if that fails, will default to the random/closest permission.
    Version 0.4.1

• Added a '/gy reload' command to reload all points.
    Version 0.4

• Changed permissions to PermissionsBukkit
    • Added per point permissions
    • Added more commands
    • Rewrote some of the code
    Older Versions (open)

Version 0.3.9pre
    • Support for PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.3.8

• Custom respawn strings. Change the closest point's by using '/gy message message here'. You can set it to '/gy message none' for no message.
    • Multiworld support.
    • Took out permissions for now...I know, I'm a terrible person.
    Version 0.3.7

• Fixed the bug caused by the new CB preventing the multiple spawns from working.
    Version 0.3.6

• Some general code cleanups
    Version 0.3.5

• Removed support for Towny, will re-add soon.
    • Fixed null when trying to TP to a non existant point.
    • Updated command list
    Version 0.3.2

• Added support for Towny.
    Version 0.3.1

• Fixed not creating folders on first load bug. Thanks to @spowney for pointing out my stupid mistake. =D (I forgot to put it back in after the code rewrite)
    Version 0.3

• Changes to the commands.
    • Changes to the storing of spawn points.
    • Better permissions support.
    Version 0.3pre

• Basic permissions support.
    • Additional fixes and updates.
    Version 0.2.1

• This is only an intermediate release to address important bugs and compatibility issues.
    • New add coordinate command that works in game as well as from the console.
    • Fixed a few of the command catch errors. So there should be no more console error spamming.
    • The graveyard points now supersedes beds and other plugins. (The ones I tested) Except those plugins which have their priority set to highest.
    Version 0.2

• Added in game add point command. (Remove and list still coming)
    Version 0.1

• Initial Release

I'm still working on it. Just wanted to get a base version out to feedback/bug reports/feature demands. I'll be adding the commands in as soon as I've finished typing this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    AS1LV3RN1NJA and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Monstertke

PermissionsEX is the gold standard now imo. It has superperms compatibility and is built off permissions 2.7.4.

Permissions 3.x.x is and shall remain a failure. I believe it has been marked inactive.

3. Offline

McSpazzy

Geeze...so many permissions systems. Come on people haven't you seen http://xkcd.com/927/

I'm not happy with some of my code. Bit too sloppy for my liking. Still hoping to have something more substantial out by weeks end.

I got github working properly yay! Will have commits regularly. For those who want the latest and most broken features =D
    https://github.com/McSpazzy/Graveyard/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

dak393

hahaha and it being based off an even MORE inactive plugin makes it better? Permissions 3.1.6 is inactive but it works perfectly fine and doesn't need any changes. Until bukkit permissions is improved I won't be using it and implementing permissions is easy to do so I don't see any problems (especially bukkit permission's ease of use setting up)

5. Offline

Monstertke

Hahahah, its based off a permissions system that actually worked. 3.1.6 works so well that there is giant red text across the top of the post saying "dont use parts of this, because it is wrong and Im fixing it"

Pex has a superperms bridge, has sql support for tying into forums and easy to use in game commands.

6. Offline

Forecaster

I just switched out permissions 3 for Pex.

Supposedly it has superperms support and I like how the commands are easier to use.

Regarding Graveyard I'd like to know what the defaults are.

Do players spawn at a random point or nearest?

I'd assume the managing commands are limited to OP etc.

It also seems the config doesn't want to generate. It just contains {} and nothing else...

7. Offline

McSpazzy

@Forecaster
    Default is closest. Until i have permissions integration back in, which I'm working on right now, it is OP only. And there is nothing in the config file...in the current version, will in the next, just the code to create it was added before the features that require it.

I just put in PermissionsEx support. =D

0.3.9pre release version up.

8. Offline

GameCharmer

Awesome McSpazzy!

Would it be possible to force all respawns to a different world? I run a multi-world server that uses a single small world as a hub betwixt the various worlds and it would be AWESOME to force all dead users to respawn in the room full of gates every time they die. ;)

9. Offline

McSpazzy

@GameCharmer I could add a permission that forces a certain group to a certain point.

10. Offline

GameCharmer

@McSpazzy that would be great! Thanks!

11. Offline

tremor

As an Essentials user, I use Group Manager still, figuring, the Essentials team will just create a permissions bridge once Bukkit's permissions stop being a fail.

@OP - as you state this overrides any other plugins spawn management, is that just spawn on death or does that also cover the /spawn command, and of course first login spawn point.

12. Offline

McSpazzy

@tremor only respawning on death.

13. Offline

tremor

awesome! getting this to add a whole new element of fun to my server...

14. Offline

mbuettner

Is there a version for Permissions 3, so we can use it?

15. Offline

McSpazzy

Waiting for 1.8 before doing any more major work on it.

16. Offline

McSpazzy

Did people want me still working on this? I've created a bukkit dev project thingy. Will post when in operation.

Moving on up! http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/graveyard/

17. Offline

McSpazzy

Cmon people! Start submitting feature requests to the plugins new page.

18. Offline

peaced

Is the random respawn gone ?

19. Offline

McSpazzy

@peaced A few thing are not working yet in 1.8. 0.4 is coming along nicely

20. Offline

Netu

This seems to break with Bukkit version 1185

21. Offline

McSpazzy

@Netu and everyone else. I'm working on it now.

22. Offline

Netu

Thank you sir; your efforts are most appreciated.

23. Offline

McSpazzy

No feature requests eh?

24. Offline

Netu

Well. There are a few things I can think of, but I'm not sure they're in the scope of your development ideology. So, I'll list them, but I don't expect them, at all; that's why I've not mentioned them:
    • The ability to set up "shrines" which players can pay (some amount of items) to in order to respawn there. Perhaps these "shrines" would be better spawnpoints for them, but they cost (items). Perhaps an economy plugin support?
    • The option to turn into a "ghost" when you die. As a ghost you cannot interact with the world at all. You then must run back to your corpse. You then ressurect at your body.
    • Right-clicking with a compass in your hand makes it point towards your spawn point? If the above, as ghost, it points towards your body?
    • NPCs at graveyards that will do things regarding death. E.g., taking the "payment" I spoke of about shrines, as well as allowing you to pay an amount to retrieve your items from your death point when you die?
    I'll try to think of other things, but to be honest it's difficult. This plugin does exactly what it says, and that's what we wanted! Or I wanted. So thanks so much, McSpazzy! You're the man.

P.S. This still does not work with CB #1185, I fear. :(

25. Offline

peaced

feature request :
    Player with no /home set (using essentials) will use graveyard respawn.
    But if /home is set, it let essentials handle the respawn.

26. Offline

cadwal

If this were to be applied, how would you keep your compass since you drop everything when you die? Also for the graveyard respawn, I've thought about this as well. I don't know how hard it would be, but maybe setup tombstones made out of a sign for respawn. They could be written "{TS}Here lies/Fred/He's Really/Dead." In this instance, {TS} would signal the sign to become a tombstone when the player dies and this coding would be hidden, and change the message on the tombstone to something like "[Player Name]/[Respawn Cost]" when the player dies.

27. Offline

Netu

You'd keep your compass when you die/as a ghost all you could have on you would be a compass, which you could not drop or do anything with/when you respawn you'd lose the compass.

28. Offline

duhfux

Hey, can I just say I look forward to the update so I can start to use it. I don't want any more features right now. I am just gonna make use of the 'spawn at nearest graveyard point' feature. Can't wait to use this, a couple members have made a nice crypt to spawn at :]

d

29. Offline

cadwal

Same here. I've already built a few graveyards near the pre-rendered towns and current spawn now we're only waiting on an update.

30. Offline

odielag

I'm looking for the update for this plugin to the newest recommended build also!

31. Offline

McSpazzy

Sorry guys...stuff come up again as it does. I'll be working on this all day today. =)

@odielag @cadwal @Netu @peaced @duhfux

0.4 prelim version out...start sending those bug reports =D
    You can also send me bug reports directly on skype. Username is McSpazzington
    or Post tickets on the dev page.
    v 0.4