Inactive [MECH] TeslaCoil v2.6.2 - Keep mobs at bay - the futuristic way! [CB 1.4.5-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darklust, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

darklust

TeslaCoil - Tesla Coil mob control:
    Version: v2.6.2

Usage: the player must construct a tower of no less than 3 iron(configurable) blocks, and connect this directly to a redstone current. While the current is active, all mobs within a radius proportionate to the height of the coil (3 blocks high = 3 block radius), above or below ground, will be fried. The towers ping every second, so mobs chasing you will quickly regret it

Moved to BukkitDev: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/teslacoil

2. Offline

belfedia

It is just for me than Santoglass=false not work ???
    Or nobody use it on sand ?

3. Offline

XilDarkz

This is Sweet, im about to dowload it.

One question: Does it work with Animals?

If not, Can you make it work with animals :D?

Would be awesome, thanks

4. Offline

Raspberry

We've never seen anybody mob take damage... but now I'm starting to wonder if it's because I set the radius to 2? so perhaps if it's measuring that from the TOP of the coil, it wouldn't strike the ground because the coils are 3 iron high...

I'll leave it set at the default this time and see what happens.

Darklust: What version of bukkit are you running to test this plugin?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  5. Offline

darklust

If the radius is set to 2, it's only going to hit anything 2 blocks away on either side. This plugin was tested against version 740 of bukkit.

6. Offline

shadydeath999

@darklust how about adding permissions the way so when u place the tesla u are to owner of it so it doesnt hurt and to add a other person too it look at the tesla and do sumthing like /tesla addmember (player) <player2> and so on the () means required and <> optional

7. Offline

geek85

it does.
    @darklust : this plugin is nearly integrable to a server. i'll test all the new stuff, and it will certainly be a part of mine!

good job, it's a very fun one![diamond]

8. Offline

XilDarkz

Ohh Snap :D

Great Plugin, Way better than building big walls, then having Animals Spawn on the inside :p

This is going on my server.....Tomorrow

9. Offline

valdark

Working great with configurable block and ThunderTower as well.

10. Offline

geek85

it doesn't work with me neither. sand transforms to glass even with the false flag

edit: it's not a big problem. I don't really care about, but for testing purpose only! :p

11. @darklust: can you make your plugin work with CButD please?

12. Offline

Darkbanisher

A tutorial on how this works would be nice.
    I dled this.
    Build a 3 block high tower.
    Placed redstone and redstone toches next to it.
    Nada.
    Didn't work at all.

13. Offline

shadydeath999

then u have the config wrong or sumthing or u fail really hard at it

14. Offline

valdark

Open your config file and take a look. It may need to be higher than 3.

Alternately check for conflicting plugins. Do you have AimCannon, BukkitPiston, anything that uses the iron block default? If so try changing your block to something else such as gold or lapis.

15. Offline

Darkbanisher

I did change it to gold blocks and I already had set it to 5 and build a 10 block tower.
    Still got nada

Insulting my intelingece isen't realy helpfull and you should probably not quote me unless you have anything usefull to comment and that my friend isn't usefull.

16. Offline

shadydeath999

ofc i know that but i mean comon is it that hard to get a drag and drop plugin working?
    and i didnt insult ur intelingece i just noted that u fail or have the config wrong

17. Offline

Spl1tz

I haven't changed anything and mines not working at all.
    Before the new config update it was working all fine...
    EDIT: nvm fixed it. Forgot to delete the old version of the plugin.

18. Offline

belfedia

Thanks ! i don't come to fall mad !
    It was a big problem for me, my server have many beach, and i can't put this plugin with this bug :(

19. Offline

G1R Productions

I would like permissions or some sort of white list so only some people can build and some people cannot get zapped.

20. Offline

Olat

@darklust

Any Confirmation or ETA of adding a group check so you can target enemy factions or cities?

21. Offline

valdark

Ok that is your problem. The vertical height must be greater than or equal to the tower height. You can leave your base radius at 5 but need the vertical set to 10. Also make sure you are on your default world. I seem to recall having issues on my alternate worlds.

22. Offline

darklust

>.> Vertical RADIUS means the radius is 5 on the vertical axis, NOT the diameter. Understanding this, a radius of 10 would reach the height of the tower AND go 10 blocks lower, so the vertical radius could be 3 and still hit everything standing above ground around that tower, granted the land is nearly level with the base.
    I know I said permissions would be finished tomorrow; I'm being paid to develop a plugin at the moment and I placed that at a higher priority. I will however have this plugin updated tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly I can implement an efficient method.

23. Offline

dervonz

gogogo darklust or shall we pay you too ? :D

24. Offline

DF451asd

Hey can someone please send me a working config and instructions.
    I can't figure it out. If my thing is right then I'm a noob and I suck at this
    Thanks DF451asd

25. Offline

Darkbanisher

#Mon May 09 18:59:39 CEST 2011
    sandtoglass=true
    vradius=10
    setping=1
    targetpeople=false
    blocktype=41
    teslaradius=false
    targetpigs=false

Mine seems to work.
    Uses gold as coil block and range of the coil grows for every block added.
    I still don't comprehend what vradius is but I assume its the minimal size of a coil.
    If you want to use the iron coils change blocktype=41 to:
    blocktype=42
    It had nothing to do with my vradius at all.
    I redownloaded the plugin, moved the old.
    Installed the redownload.
    Then configured it exactly to how it was before.
    Works fine.

When I compared it would appear that the block type was not what it should have been.
    Could I suggest in the default config you could add the numbers of blocktypes most commonly used?
    Like.
    #Iron block (default) : 42
    #Gold block: 41
    #Diamond block: 57

Insinuating that I fail is still not helpfull, my comment was to say your comment was not at all helpfull nor needed and most of all more an insult to my inteligence.
    So in future cases, say something like "Are you sure your config file was set up correctly?"

Or just plainly shut up, I don't take kindly that when people ask for help that others say nothing usefull while at the same time insinuating that the person requesting help is retarded or "fails".

26. Offline

Olat

Awesome. Thanks.

27. Offline

valdark

Oh yes my mistake. I forget that I tend to build a base of 10 cobblestone with lights to set up my towers and so need the longer radius.

28. Offline

Pixeladdiction

sandtoglass=false doesn't seem to be working for me, either.

fun plugin otherwise! :)

29. Offline

mze9412

Quick question: Does it only zap mobs it can see or does it zap through walls, too?

30. Offline

shadydeath999

it zaps through walls

31. Offline

mze9412

hm, that's sad. Not the kind of plugin I'm looking for right now :(