Inactive [MECH] TeslaCoil v2.6.2 - Keep mobs at bay - the futuristic way! [CB 1.4.5-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darklust, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

darklust

TeslaCoil - Tesla Coil mob control:
    Version: v2.6.2

Usage: the player must construct a tower of no less than 3 iron(configurable) blocks, and connect this directly to a redstone current. While the current is active, all mobs within a radius proportionate to the height of the coil (3 blocks high = 3 block radius), above or below ground, will be fried. The towers ping every second, so mobs chasing you will quickly regret it

Moved to BukkitDev: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/teslacoil

2. Offline

ThatGuy295

WOW you are fast!

3. Offline

belfedia

Marvellous plugin but a little bug ?
    SandtoGlass=False don't work, always true...

Possible to choose block for tesla ? I prefer gold :)

4. Offline

CADBANE

lol awesome mod bro, scared the crap out of me when it first went off. Few things, it lags really bad don't think it's my computer , here's my Windows Experience Index specs. :
    Processor : 7.5
    RAM : 7.5
    Graphics: 7.6
    Gaming Graphics : 7.6
    HD (SSD 64GB) - 5.9
    And here's a video of it in the works :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uUBYHcgddM
    Is it too many explosions? Sort of what TNT does?

5. Offline

darklust

Thanks man, from the looks of it, it seems you have an HD texture pack? That might lag it, but I know from the three seperate servers I've visited that had it running, the plugin does little to the graphics, even with multiple mobs being struck.

6. Offline

G1R Productions

I have a plugin that creates a lightning rod when placed 10 blocks high of iron blocks and all lighting created gets zapped to it. So im guessing that that would mess with this plugin?

Edit: This plugin is cool but ill wait for mob target config to be added because i had about 30 zombie pigman spawn when a pig got hit by it.

7. Offline

King_Koopa

Great plugin....but when I went to the bathroom for a minute, my entire town was in flame and most of it got burned. Luckily I had a backup.

8. Offline

AlexanderDrake

I'd love to see something in permissions about who can and cant activate towers, or perhaps something to allow me to change what material is used, I want to implement this but I could see too many issues with people misusing it.

9. Offline

Lcarens

Can you work something out for monsters that CANNOT burn? I use a plugin called Mob Tamer, and if someone releases a monster, it is unburnable. But, when it goes near the Telsa Coils (9), it refuses to die and the lightning just keeps hitting it.

10. Offline

davr

This looks pretty cool. Only have one suggestion though, I think it's too powerful as-is for a survival server. I think what would make it work, is if the tower somehow 'ran out'. Eg maybe every X lightning strikes, remove one of the iron blocks off the top of the tower? Thus when it gets too short, it no longer works, and you need to add more iron. Make it so we can configure how long it lasts, and also the option to turn this feature on/off (in case some people don't want it)

11. Offline

WaterFalcon

i love this plugin, but i do have a problem.
    what do you open the config file with?
    notepad?
    7zip?
    notepad++?

and a suggestion for the future would be to make it so that your own dogs where not zapped when they come in range. also to make it so that people where zapped too, along with the mobs.

12. Offline

MineralMC

Having a *lot* of fun with this.

The ability to change the type of block as well as a switching command as an alternative to using redstone would be appreciated, as well - I've been using these to protect my server's spawn graveyards.

13. Offline

Haekon

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...I'll throw it in my test server this weekend.

Tagging players in radius sounds pretty sexy, too. Gimme that.

14. Offline

belfedia

Another annoying bug,

If i restart server, i need to restart tower

15. Offline

geek85

that's a great idea but i'll wait to be able to select which mob to kill. zombie pigmen are very annoying.

16. Offline

Cyberpew

Please add some pictures or a YouTube video in the OP.

17. Offline

houska94

Please make radius to underground it hits mobs on badrock and in caves under my house

18. Offline

desht

Pretty cool plugin, but I learned the hard way not to stand under a tower and watch mobs getting zapped. Death plus loss of all items in my inventory was the result ... lucky I'm one of the ops on a small private server so restoring was no trouble, but I think the plugin might need a warning sticker? :)

19. Offline

nutlnw7410

i have a suggestion: of tower became higher and range will inercreased (maybe at 3 block high at default config and inercreased by 10-20% :)

now [creeper][pig][sheep][skeleton][spider][zombie] can't come to visit my house!

p.s.liked
    p.s.it won't strike slimes

20. Offline

geek85

it's a good idea! I agree! plus the choice of mobs in a config file.

21. Offline

TZer0

Does this plugin include a Kirov Airship?

Also, funny idea.

22. Offline

CADBANE

Oh yeah, I didn't consider the HD textures. [creeper] I like my texture pack so much though so I'll just put up with a little choppiness.

23. Offline

darklust

Fixed.
    Added, and slimes will be configurable once I straighten out mobs in the configuration.

24. Offline

geek85

I can't wait! :p
    suspens is horrible!

25. Offline

L24D

Would really love it, if there were a way to set the range of the strikes via config... rather than having a bunch of ugly griefer-like towers popped up everywhere. major turn off. :(

you could always set it to where you could configure block height, or radius to be toggled in the config, so people can switch based upon what they like to have on their server. :p

example:
    <setting>: true = block height controlled range
    <setting>: false = range controlled by config, regardless of block height (keeping 3 block minimum of course)

[EDIT]: And maybe adding a dependency for another block to be next to it as well, so if some random guy decides to be funny, and runs redstone to a house made of iron blocks, it won't turn it into a lightning machine, of sorts. :p

26. Offline

geek85

or a system with a sign on the iron tower with the radius on it?
    edit: for the EDIT: the sign will prevent this case.
    something like:
    Code:
    [Tesla]
    8 (radius)
    8 (radius up/down, optional)

27. Offline

L24D

@geek85
    Precisely! :D
    the sign could look something like this:

[tesla]
    horizontal area
    vertical area
    number of strikes per second

so, example...
    [tesla]

28. Offline

Arcwolf

Cool idea, going to have to check this out. Reminds me of C&C NOD obelisks. Can almost hear the crackle as one warms up :cool:

[​IMG]
    Hmmm... building projects growing in my head like a tiberium field... :D

29. Offline

geek85

- corrections -

edit: or if the third line is not easy to implement (and config file already have this option):
    the 3rd line could be an option to make a "without-human-protection" tower.
    an optional line like "EVIL" and the tower shots any player in its range (in addition to mobs in config file).

30. Offline

belfedia

I don't understand why
    But your plugin don't read TeslaCoil.config
    and use always blockid =42 and sandtoglass=true
    I'm running on a debian 6.0 .

31. Offline

Manji

works with mcMMO v1.0.07 and it's iron-anvil-blocks!
    *thumbs up*