[MECH] Safe Creeper - Control creepers, Enderman, TNT, Fireballs and more!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Tim Visee, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

[​IMG]
    The Safe Creeper project page has been moved. Go to one of the two pages bellow to get to the Safe Creeper project page, with the newest download available:​
    You can view the orriginal page in the spoiler bellow. It's highly recommended to visit one of the above sites, to view the up-to-date pages.
    Orriginal Page (open)

InstallationBasicsAdd-ons and Support
    DownloadsCommandsSupported Plugins
    Direct downloadPermissionsAdd-ons
    InstallationConfig
    MoreDevelopmentSupport
    Bugs & IssuesAPIDonate
    ChangelogSource
    Statics

What is Safe Creeper
    Control creepers, Withers, EnderDragons, Enderman, TNT, Fireballs and a lot more!
    With Safe Creeper you can control creeper explosions and other things like, fireballs, TNT, Enderman and a lot of other things, you can set if a creeper explosions destroys blocks. You can set if Zombie's can break down doors. You can also set a lot of other things, the possibilities are almost endless! A few other examples are that you can set up if players are able to use TNT blocks, if creepers will explode above the surface and underneath they wont, set if Enderman can place and break blocks, even if they can clone blocks, explosion sounds, smoke effects and a lot of more things. The plugins is fully configurable and it has multi world support. This is a must have for most server administrators.

Example Video
    This is an video witch explains the config file system of an older version of Safe Creeper, it should work very similair with the current version. This video also shows you some features from Safe Creeper:

Features
    This is a small list of features witch Safe Creeper can provide for your server. If you want to see the full list, and a list of planned features, visit this page: Page: Features
    • Added auto updater, to automaticly install new updates!
    • Added new, more stable, update checking system.
    • Added ability to 'Spawning.ZombieType' to make giants spawn in the ZombieControl.
    • Added 'CanCreateSnow' to the SnowmanControl to disable the Snowman from creating snowlayers.
    • Added feature to make mobs drop skulls inside 'CustomDrops.Skulls', players can drop their own head too. (Available for CreeperControl)
    • Added 'AlwaysAngry' to the PigZombie control
    • Added auto updater settings to config file to disable auto updates, notifications or update checks.
    • PlayerControl, SkeletonControl and ZombieControl)
    • Updated LikeABoss usage methods.
    • Changed default values for 'CanPickupItems' to false for most mob controls.
    • Fixed world config files not converting properly.
    • Fixed live statics returning wrong values.
    • Fixed issue in the config core which caused equipment don't work properly.
    • Fixed withers breaking stuff when they are stuck when DestroyWorld was disabled.
    • Fixed live statistics causing the server to crash.
    • Fixed flying blocks from spawning when destroy world was set to false.
    • Fixed errors caused by unknown mob types.
    • Build against Bukkit-1.5.2-R1.0
    Connections to the outside
    Safe Creeper does setup connections to the outside, to other servers than the server Safe Creeper is running on. In the current versions (v1.3.6 and above) Safe Creeper does connect to the following servers; The first connection Safe Creeper sets up is a connection to the update servers of Safe Creeper. This update server is a separated server hosted by timvisee.com (developer of Safe Creeper). The connections to the update servers are made on each start up, and each hour while the plugin is running. These connections can be disabled inside the config file of Safe Creeper underneath the node 'updateChecker'. Because of the update checker and the auto updater Safe Creeper does also setup a connection to dev.bukkit.org to download the newest plugin versions. Other connections are made to the servers of mcstats.org, this is a service Safe Creeper uses to add live statics, like the amount of servers running Safe Creeper, these statics are fully anonymous. Connections to mcstats.org and live statics usage can be disabled inside the Safe Creeper configuration file.

Bugs & Issues
    Please go to the following page to see how to report a bug, this page also contains a list with all known bugs in the current Safe Creeper version.
    Page: Bugs

Donations
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins and even update my old ones :) , I really like it if you give any donation! You could go to a donation page using the button bellow or the donate button above the search-box.
    [​IMG]

Valdifer, Mercury, Jeroeny and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tim Visee

No, maybe in the feature...! but currently not, btw, I know why you ask that, because of the fireball, creeper and upcomming enderman support, isnt it?

3. Offline

Rofang

Well yeah. I think you're underselling your plugin by making it sound like it only deals with creepers, because it will keep all sorts of mobs from ruining your blocks. I have a hunch most of your future downloads will be people looking for Enderman-proofing, and a more fitting name could help them realize that your plugin can work for them. I mean, there may end up being any number of plugins that keep Endermen from taking your stuff (as there were many plugins to nerf creeper explosions), but yours covers the whole gamut.

Along that line, though, you might consider how your Enderman-nerfing could outshine the standard Enderman-nerfing plugins. With creeper-nerfing, you struck a great balance between danger and annoyance (creepers are still alarming and dangerous, but they don't tear up your stuff), and you also extended that to other explosions. It was the perfect compromise. I wonder what sort of compromise or nuance there might be to Enderman-nerfing that most plugins may overlook? Like how to minimize their annoyance without robbing them of their essence. Hmm... that's tricky.

Tim Visee likes this.
  4. Offline

Tim Visee

Thank you very very much :)! Yes you're right, I understand your reason, probably it's better to rename it soon, I mean probably when the 0.3 version came out :)

5. Offline

Rofang

What if the Endermen were to clone blocks instead of take them outright? Aside from their shyness/rage-teleport gimmick, it seems like their unexplained block placements lend a nice sense of confusion and unease (especially if you just happen upon the block placement without knowing there was an Enderman nearby). Hence, if they were to clone a block into their hands and leave the original untouched, your chests and buildings wouldn't be threatened, but their building shenanigans could still be mildly unsettling. They could even build a barricade if given enough time, which is at least less frustrating than scrambling your building.

Of course, chests and other containers would be cloned empty (Endermen don't record a block's contents anyway), so it's not like their cloning would be ridiculously advantageous for the player... Um, unless you could trick them into cloning a diamond block or something, LOL.

6. Offline

Tim Visee

Looks like a great idea!! But I also add configurable things in the world files for the enderman, if they can clone blocks and things like that, because sometimes you don't really want that enderman can place blocks in a finished and protected city. But I still like the idea!
    There's one thing, currently the Enderman can only grab special blocks, only a few like stone, cobblestone, wood and a few other, nothing more, so a chest is impossible I think, but if there's an option to let endermen do this I will add this to.
    Btw, it would be great if endermen can clone diamond blocks!
    Someone on youtube; I just build a diamond block farm :p

7. Offline

Rofang

Hmm, I'd read accounts of their picking up chests (dropping the items contained in the chest as soon as they did so), but maybe this has been changed since the pre-release to rule out tile entities? (See discussion here.) Oh well, in any case, I'd be happy with block-cloning. Not sure how you plan to implement the "finished and protected city" thing unless you tap into a region plugin - sounds pretty tricky to me. I don't think it's too much of a pain to bust up a few stray blocks, but whatever you say. :)

8. Offline

Tim Visee

:), it maybe is possible that they can pickup chests, I don't know... Oh, and about that protected city thing I mean that you can say if Enderman can break blocks and place blocks, and if they cant break blocks clone blocks....

9. Offline

Rofang

Oh, I see. As in the server admins decide an entire world should deny Enderman hijinks. Fair enough.

10. Offline

Tim Visee

:p

11. Offline

slimpyman

CreeperControl:
    Enabled: true
    DestroyWorld: false
    EnableExplosionSound: true
    EnableExplosionSmoke: true
    PowerdByLightning: true
    # Only enable these settings if you are between two levels (you must enable 'EnableBetweenLevels' to use it).
    EnableBetweenLevels:
    Enabled: false
    MinLevel: 64
    MaxLevel: 127

# Fireballs (from ghasts)
    FireballControl:
    DestroyWorld: true
    # Only enable these settings if you are between two levels (you must enable 'EnableBetweenLevels' to use it).
    EnableBetweenLevels:
    MinLevel: 0

# TNT blocks
    TNTControl:
    Enabled: true
    DestroyWorld: true
    CanPlaceTNT: true
    EnableBetweenLevels:
    MinLevel: 0

im using this, and tnt will blow up and do no damage (world and mobs), and creepers will explode and do damage (players and world damage)

any suggestions 1148cb

12. Offline

Tim Visee

Hmm, i see, I will check if this is a bug... btw, thanks for the report :)

I just added the endermen features right now (also the cone block thigns as a request of @Rofang ), now Im going to add a few more features to the plugin to control the other explosions as request from @xsolar66 . After that Im going to check the bugs that @slimpyman told me. When I finished with those things im probably finished with the upcomming 0.3 version and I will post it on this thread :)

@Rofang, I just tested the Endermen things and it works great! Set if an endermen can pickup or place a block, and if he can't pickup a block set if he can clone a block and if he can change a block set if he want to place a block that he still dont but that the block he's holding disapears. Again, it works great :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  13. Offline

Rofang

Yay :)

Tim Visee likes this.
  14. Offline

Tim Visee

Hmm, I looked in the code and everything is fine, I also tested the plugin with the same config and the same Craft Bukkit and it still works fine. Ive one question, is this your global config file? if it is try to delete the world config files and test it again. If this still happend its probably another plugin that simulate this bug. Can you send me your plugin list? Maybe its another plugin that controls explosions and things...

15. Offline

slimpyman

whats the difference in the global.yml and the config.yml

16. Offline

Tim Visee

You need to add the settings for the explosions, fireballs and those things inside the global.yml file, this is just thie file where you need to change that settings for the explosions and things like that, the config.yml file is just an unused file but will be used in the feature so I added it. So again, put your settings in your global.yml file

UPDATE 0.3 - Enderman update
    The new version of Safe Creeper is out.
    Underneet you can see what's added
    • Added endermen support. Set if endermen can place and break block, even if they can clone blocks, so if they want to break a block, they get the block but doesn't damage the world.
    • Added other explosions support to control other explosions that arent configurable with the Safe Creeper plugin
    • Bug fixes
    The files of the Safe Creeper plugin are changed, so I suggest to set every file again, because it does not take too long.
    You must know that the 0.3 version of the Safe Creeper plugin only works on Craft Bukkit 1161 or higher!

@Rofang @xsolar66 @slimpyman I just released version 0.3 of the Safe Creeper plugin with the Enderman features and also the other explosion things. I send this message so you get a notification because you may want it :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Jobsti

@Tim Visee
    Big thanks for Enderman-Update!

Request: Configurable Blocks for Enderman

18. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks!
    Btw, about the request, I also want this feature. Im going to add this soon :)

19. Offline

Jobsti

Super, thanks.... But another request ;) , but don't know if possible...

A .node for the TNT-Level. What I mean?
    I enable TNT global for all users without levels,
    But for some groups, I want that the group with the .node can only place/use TNT in a defined level,
    the groups without this node can place the TNT on every level.

Possible, or too much work?

Info:
    We have a "thrustet member" group which can use TNT, "normal members" and newbies can't use TNT,
    but I would, that my members could use TNT in a certain level.

20. Offline

Tim Visee

I think its possible, I will take a look at it!

WOW! I just tested the download another time and I see it throws some errors! :O, going to fix them right NOW

21. Offline

Rofang

Oh well, accidents happen. Will test soon.

22. Offline

Tim Visee

Still errors. The plugin trows errors when you have a config file for a world...

EDIT: Im probably going to fix those errors tomorrow, now Im going to bed :(

That important bug is fixed right now! Now, as far as I know, everything works fine! Im going to release the 0.3.2 version right now. After that I maybe going to add some new features to Safe Creeper like if creepers and enerman can spawn, configurable blocks for enderman and things like that. And maybe also rename the plugin (suggestion of @Rofang )

UPDATE 0.3.2 - Enderman update - Important bug fix!

The new version of Safe Creeper is out. This is just a really important bugfix!
    Underneet you can see what's happend
    • Fixed the bug that will stop the plugin Safe Creeper working if you have config files for worlds, so creepers can blow up, Enderman can mess up your world... So now its fixed :)
    • Also added a feature that Safe Creeper will start before the world preperation to keep your world also safe while preperation/generation :)
    If you had already Safe Creeper 0.3 or higher installed, you only need to update the Safe Creeper.jar file in the plugins folder because the config files are the same. If you have not, you must install also all the config files.
    You must know that the 0.3.2 version of the Safe Creeper plugin only works on Craft Bukkit 1161 or higher!

23. Offline

TnT

Your post contains ad.fly links, which are banned. All URL shorteners are discouraged. Please edit your post to remove them.

24. Offline

_AMPLiFY

When I install the .jar file the congif files dont appear. Any help?

25. Offline

Tim Visee

The new version is comming soon, I will do it when I realease the new version.. ok?

Yes, you need to add the config, and the other files manually! You can find them in the downloaded zip file!

26. Offline

cvxx7q

besides all the criticism you got such as "yet another nerf" yours is the first to support enderman (afaik) good work :D

27. Offline

Tim Visee

thanks you very much :). I just wanted to have a plugin to controll enderman because they wjere really anoying, so i desided to add this to my safe creeper plugin and add a lot of features to it (more are comming soon) and yes this is the first plugin to controll enderman with a lot of features on the right way! :D

cvxx7q likes this.
  28. Offline

cvxx7q

well i only needed an enderman nerf so this fit great because i was unsure if my anti-grief plugin wud work with enderman (AutoRegionGuard) ill test it later with some sort of mob spawn plugin but im sure ill keep this plugin anyway, also autoregionguard prevents ghast damage/fire maybe u can take a look at the code for your own todo/bug with ghasts ;)

is that a problem if he has adf.ly and non adf.ly links (and they are marked as so) i see this sort of warning alot so im just unsure, are they outright banned or banned for use as the only link posted

29. Offline

Tim Visee

k, thanks for the reply, I will take a look at it later.

30. Offline

ihurtz

could u add permissions for this? i need it for TNT control for specifik ranks of my members, is that possible? :)

E: great plugin ^^

31. Offline

Tim Visee

I think banned because it's adfly, they probably don't want that ads inside your download links, if you try to post the usual adfly links (adf.ly/stuff) they don't work and they use a script to link the adfly links to the direct download, without the adds, I use 'j.gs' as adf.ly links, they are also hosted by adfly and these aren't blocked, and they maybe don't want those...

Yes, of course, I will try this soon! (I will add this feature with costum permissions nodes (probably))