[MECH/RPG] CraftGroup v0.3.1 - Prevent crafting of specific items and blocks [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FrozenBrain, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Offline

FrozenBrain

CraftGroup - Prevent crafting of specific items and blocks
    Version: v0.3.1
    CraftBukkit Build: 1000

CraftGroup lets you assign so-called CraftGroups to the players of your server via Permissions. Those CraftGroups can be used to prevent crafting, smelting, using, placing or breaking of specific items and blocks. This is propably most useful for RPG servers.

How to use:
    Show Spoiler

Download the plugin and drop it in your plugins folder. After the first run, BukkitContrib will be downloaded (if it's not installed already) and a file called "config.yml" will be created inside the plugins/CraftGroup directory.

You can now create new CraftGroups by simply adding a new node to this file.

Example:
    Code:
    version: 13

global-blacklist:
        break:
    # Don't break TNT
        - -TNT
        craft:
    # Don't craft orange wool
        - -WOOL:1
        use:
    # Don't use golden apples
        - -GOLDEN_APPLE
        place:
    Blaster:
        break:
        craft:
    # Even though the global-blacklist prevents everyone from crafting TNT,
    # we can whitelist it here again.
        - TNT
        use:
        place:
    Note: The 'use' rules are quite buggy. That's not my fault, CraftBukkit fails at this point. Maybe I'll find a workaround soon.

As you can see, you can use either the name or the id of the item or block. If you want to prevent someone from crafting, placing, breaking or using something, put a "-" in front of the item (this blacklists the item). You can also whitelist an item by not putting a "-" there. This overwrites the blacklist rules.

After setting up the CraftGroups, open up your Permissions configuration files and assign the CraftGroups to your groups or players by giving them the
    Code:
    craftgroup.group.GROUPNAME
    permission (replace GROUPNAME with the actual name of the CraftGroup).

Remember that the CraftGroups and the "craftgroup.group.GROUPNAME" permission are case-sensitive!

Permissions:
    PermissionNeeded to...
    craftgroup.addUse /cg add
    craftgroup.removeUse /cg remove
    craftgroup.listUse /cg list
    craftgroup.reloadUse /cg reload
    craftgroup.bypassBypass all restrictions
    craftgroup.group.GROUPNAMEAssign a CraftGroup (replace GROUPNAME with the name of the CraftGroup)

Commands:
    CommandDescriptionUsage
    /cg addAdd an item or block to a group/cg add <list> <allow/deny> <type> <item>
    /cg remove <list> <allow/deny> <type> <item>Remove an item or block from a group/cg remove <list> <item>
    /cg listShow all lists or items in a group/cg list [list ] [type/*] [page]
    /cg reloadReload the configuration file/cg reload

You can also use /craftgroup instead of /cg.

Features:
    • Prevent crafting, smelting, using, placing or breaking of items and blocks
    • Assign CraftGroups to players and groups via Permissions
    • Multi-World (not with Permissions 2)
    • Ingame-Editing of CraftGroups
    • bypass-permission for Admins
    • Global Black-/Whitelist
    • Support for data values
    • Support for ItemCraft

Download CraftGroup-dev (.jar; Minecraft 1.8; Spout)
    Download CraftGroup v0.3.1 (.jar)
    Source on GitHub
    [​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 0.3.1
    • Fixed 2 NPEs
    Version 0.3.0
    • Support for data values
    • Support for ItemCraft (requires testing)
    Show Spoiler
    Version 0.2.2
    • Fixed a problem with the different permission types
    Version 0.2.1
    • Fixed global-blacklist
    Version 0.2.0
    • Added support for permissions 2 and groupmanager (untested)
    • You can now prevent people from placing, destroying and using items/blocks
    Version 0.1.2
    • Forgot that HashMaps are case-sensitive
    Version 0.1.1
    • Never try casting an integer to a string!
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Nomanoclass likes this.
  2. Offline

Milchshakee

There was no Version without Spout. The old Versions of Craftgroup used BukkitContrib. This is the old Spout.
    Why won't you use Spout? :confused:

3. Offline

Muchoman1

cool thanks heaps, so will this plugin/one like it ever come back? and also whats happening with height increase plugins for 256 and 512 block high worlds?

4. Offline

Flenix

Basically Spout = BukkitContrib. Doesn't hurt you to have it...

BUT, I will say that Spout Devs request no plugins auto-download it, which is why I removed that part of the source I posted a few posts ago. Just wanted to point it out :) They have a good reason - people will get confused of what it is if they don't know about it, or just wont read the updates over on their page.

5. Offline

Nomanoclass

Is compatible 1.0?

6. Offline

Muchoman1

as far as i know, no

7. Offline

Nomanoclass

8. Offline

tompage93

Uppdate this Plugin please !!!!!

9. Offline

killman27

I think i can recode this plugin but.......i haven't the time yet

10. Offline

Flenix

Uhh, it's working fine for me on 1.1?

Lemme decompile it though and see what I can see :) (The latest updater never gave his source) - I'll make sure its working as much as possible and stick it up on DevBukkit, making everyone who contributed at all an author.

Decompiled it. It might not be working for you, because the latest updated version is still using the old Permissions 3.1.6 system - pre-SuperPerms. - One of the reasons I posted my edited source is because it used the new system. I'll update that too, again :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  11. Offline

kallki

Hey flenix, could you upload a working version? i´m a noon so i don´t know how to edit that class files so it´s up to date ... =(

12. Offline

Sajmon

It dont works :(

13. Offline

Flenix

Doesn't work on recent SpoutPlugin builds - I'm just posting that I'm NOT going to be updating it myself. Sorry guys, I just don't have enough Java knowledge to keep up with it.

Maybe Milchshakee would be willing to? It's been long enough without an official update for someone to properly take over - so whoever does it could make a DevBukkit page etc?

Or the simple approach:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftguard/

Confirmed working. Supports Datavalues too, so you can use with Spout block-adding plugins :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

Milchshakee

Ok...maybe I have the Java knowledge, but not the Bukkit knowledge for this plugin^^. I'm just updating Plugins for my Server if they don't work, but I always mess up the Code because I don't know very much about Bukkit and my fixed Craftgroup Plugin works only with Crafting and nothing else. And I wouldn't have the time for a Plugin this big ...

15. Offline

md_5

Long time no see FrozenBrain. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5

16. Offline

HeroOfRage233

I hate to be "That Guy" but can someone walk me through setting up the yml so that it denies crafting of minecarts and paper?