[MECH] RedstoneChips 0.97 - Integrated circuits plugin [1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by eisental, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

eisental

RedstoneChips 0.97 / BasicCircuits 0.97 / SensorLibrary 0.34
    (Last update on April 30th, 2013, cb 1.5.1-R0.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Build chips with any number of input and output pins, from compact 2 block chips up to whatever you can imagine.
    • Choose from over 50 different chip types and several 3rd party chip libraries.
    • Most chip types can work with a wide or infinte range of i/o configurations. Sign arguments allow you to customize chip behavior.
    • Chips can communicate through redstone, or directly by touching each other. Some chip types can also communicate over wireless channels.
    • Chips can be built in almost any imaginable structure allowing very compact circuits.
    • Debug and maintain large projects using various tools and commands.
    [​IMG]

[cake] Help me spend more time working on RedstoneChips. Please donate

Circuit libraries made by other people:
    Changelog (open)

RedstoneChips 0.97 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • Fixed the saving bug on cb 1.5.1.
    • Added an option to disable update checking.
    BasicCircuits 0.96 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • pixel: Added a maximum distance value preference to prevent lags and server crashes. The max can be changed using/rcprefs pixel.maxDistance x and defaults to 7.
    • sram: Fixed a problem with anonymous memory.
    SensorLibrary 0.34 (Dec 1st, 2012)
    • daytime: Fixed daytime offset bug.

Full changelogs and source code @ github.com:
    RedstoneChips [gunpowder] BasicCircuits [gunpowder] SensorLibrary

DoomLord, Shamebot, Vecht and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

eisental

Cool, it's very handy...
    Maybe you can post some nice screenshots

3. Offline

Badzilla

0.71 link for BasicCircuits does not seem to work.

4. Offline

eisental

5. Offline

Badzilla

Sweet, counter fixed.
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 11:11 PM ---
    I would be happy to post screen shots of the circuits and /or an x 0 type schematic but where should I post them?

6. Offline

eisental

Hmmm. Well you can use the wiki and i'll link to it. Adding links in the relevant page docs or on the sidebar or both. Does anybody know a free wiki hosting for this kind of thing? I think you have to register with github to edit it.

7. Offline

needspeed10

Could you make an option in the prefrences file that allows you to decide if states should be saved or not?
    I have problems with the decoder after a server crash. After a restart it turns on 2 wires simultaneously for short while.

Additionaly i get every 5-10min this error:
    Code:
    2011-01-29 00:23:37 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: TickNextTick list out of synch
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(SourceFile:1565)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.f(SourceFile:1480)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.f(WorldServer.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:260)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:201)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    I guess its caused by the clock ;)

8. Offline

eisental

I don't get it. Why not just break the decoder and reactivate it? And why wouldn't you want the state to be saved?
    Anyway, as I wrote, I still need to test the state loading business. The fix came out only yesterday.

The TickNextTick is indeed the clock [​IMG]

9. Offline

needspeed10

The problem is, like already mentioned, the server crashs every few minutes so I've to rebuild them every time :D

I dont recommend to use a super pickaxe of worldedit or something like that, cause it doesn't remove the circuit really.

10. Offline

eisental

Oh, the super pickaxe doesn't work? I'll check it out...
    Well, don't use the clock... Also try to use only 1 clock connected to a transmitter

11. Offline

Badzilla

Well, the old wiki after creating a free github account and logging in I could edit the content.

That site now seems to be gone and points to a new one and no way to login and edit it.

I guess maybe I'm just stupid and/or missed something.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 12:06 AM ---
    Hmm. this page seems to have a problem.

http://eisental.github.com/RedstoneChips/circuitdocs/Demultiplexer.html

12. Offline

eisental

No, its still there I just removed all the pages of the old version... I'm looking at this http://wikkii.com/ at the moment
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 12:13 AM ---
    fixed, sort of. Thx

13. Offline

Nicko21

29/01/2011 10:17:23 AM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager loadPlugins
    SEVERE: Could not load plugins\BasicCircuits-0.71.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:73)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:117)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:82)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:181)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:60)
    ... 8 more
    Could you help me I really want to use this plugin
    And good idea aswell

14. Offline

eisental

Try redownloading maybe. Seems to be a problem with the jar file.

15. Offline

Nicko21

Thanks its now working, Awesome plugin

16. Offline

Badzilla

Here is a link to one of my worlds that should spawn you in my construction zone where I have several circuits built that I can confirm do work as of the time of this post.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15861165/World.zip

17. Offline

I D

EEEKKK I tried to donate but there is not an option for usa?

18. Offline

Badzilla

eisental:

I don't have it nailed down yet but something is wrong with the demultiplexer I think.
    Also the page I went to said to put multiplexer on the sign. I'm guesing a copy/paste issue maybe.

19. Offline

eisental

Wow, i'm really sorry for all the typos. I'll try out the demultiplexer again. I didn't have the time to load the world you sent but it's a neat idea.
    btw if you want to purpose changes / fix typos in the site, you can fork the RedstoneChips repository, make changes to the gh-pages branch (you can even edit on github.com) and make a pull request. I'm not sure its really a comfortable option but its possible
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 2:51 AM ---
    Updated to BasicCircuits 0.72.
    New SR NOR circuit. - by mpeychich

20. Offline

raz235

had the same problem with the counter until i wrote the max..
    you are great eisental and before you wrote about the transmitter we tried and it is working very well..
    we are going to try to make the full fade to black.
    we rebuilded the intro, works better and gonna upload to youtube when its finished

21. Offline

eisental

Are you talking about CraftBook? I can't find this ControllerBlock plugin, post a link if it's not.

22. Very nice updates^^
    But you should make a detailed video tutorial, for those idiots that don't unterstand pixel etc. (just like me xD)

btw: Are you german? I ask because your name is :)

23. Offline

eisental

Cool, I put the old version on the site. Waiting for a new video... :)
    btw, if you're using the synth circuit, there was a bukkit pull request for adding the ability to actually play the noteblock from the plugin itself, that way the extra redstone connection to trigger the noteblock will not be necessary.
    Once its added to the main bukkit/craftbukkit fork I'll update BasicCircuits.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 12:45 PM ---
    Thanks :) Nah not german, it's actually polish (originally written with a Z, though i'm not polish also). I changed the spelling after visiting germany a few times, looks nicer.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 1:35 PM ---
    The demultiplexer had indeed a few problems, it's fixed now. Will be updated on the next release.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 4:32 PM ---
    I've uploaded BasicCircuits 0.73
    Added 2 new circuits - terminal and router and fixed the demultiplexer bug.

Let me know what you think. Especially about terminal...
    I'm uploading a short video about the terminal, will be available on the doc page in a while.

24. Offline

mpeychich

Terminal sounds pretty cool, my only concern would be in how it handles word wrap/scrolling if at all. When supplied with enough data to cause a 4 line sign to overflow, what is the behavior? (crosses fingers for a scrolling text sign when used with a clock)

25. Offline

eisental

The terminal circuit itself just sends the chars out, it doesn't display anything on the sign (at the moment?). If you attach it to a print circuit you can control the output, either replacing each letter with a new one (not very useful) or by using the 'add' argument. In add mode, it will automatically scroll but you will lose the old characters.
    print hard wraps it's text and will not overflow the sign.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 6:30 PM ---
    And here's the video

EDIT: and on second thought, print doesn't scroll, it just goes back to the beginning of the sign when it has no more space. clock controlled scrolling sounds good...

26. Offline

Badzilla

eisental:

I was playing with the adder and think maybe the functionality should be changed.
    Using the output number to determine the word size doesn't really work out well. For example if I have 4 outputs and 8 inputs, with all inputs on it will add up to 30 which can't be displayed on the output. The other thing is that it seems you have to put something in for the constant even if it is 0. It would seem that it would be better to put the word size on the sign like first line = adder second line = word size and third line constant.

This way you could check in code that with 8 inputs and a constant of 10 you could end up with 40. If there are not enough outputs to display this then display an error with number of outputs expected.

27. Offline

needspeed10

I had some trouble when connecting a decoder, whichs input is connected to a counter, with a router. I figured out that the decoder first turns on the new output and then turns off the old one. Which causes the router to overwrite the state of his outputs. I looked in to your code
    and I noticed this method:
    Code:
     protected void sendBitSet(int startOutIdx, int length, BitSet7 bits) {
            for (int i=length-1; i>=0; i--) {
                sendOutput(startOutIdx+i, bits.get(i));
            }
        }
    As far as I understood it updates the states of the outputs from the highest to the lowest bit.
    The sendOutput method triggers an update of the router, i guess.
    Changing the loops direction from lowest to highest would probably solve this problem if counting upwards but there is certainly a reason
    you did it this way, I think.

28. Offline

eisental

Can you explain your setup? how is the decoder arranged and what did you write on the router's sign?

29. Offline

needspeed10

30. Offline

raz235

if you can update the plugin to get it working for super pickaxe of worldedit it would be great.
    i use it alot and sometimes i forget it doesnt destroy the circuit..
    if you can fix please do it..

31. Offline

needspeed10

for those who didnt understand the pixel :

@Eisental: I think two inputs routed to the same output should be ored, or did i misunderstood the concept of the router?