[MECH] RedstoneChips 0.97 - Integrated circuits plugin [1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by eisental, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

eisental

RedstoneChips 0.97 / BasicCircuits 0.97 / SensorLibrary 0.34
    (Last update on April 30th, 2013, cb 1.5.1-R0.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Build chips with any number of input and output pins, from compact 2 block chips up to whatever you can imagine.
    • Choose from over 50 different chip types and several 3rd party chip libraries.
    • Most chip types can work with a wide or infinte range of i/o configurations. Sign arguments allow you to customize chip behavior.
    • Chips can communicate through redstone, or directly by touching each other. Some chip types can also communicate over wireless channels.
    • Chips can be built in almost any imaginable structure allowing very compact circuits.
    • Debug and maintain large projects using various tools and commands.
    [​IMG]

[cake] Help me spend more time working on RedstoneChips. Please donate

Circuit libraries made by other people:
    Changelog (open)

RedstoneChips 0.97 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • Fixed the saving bug on cb 1.5.1.
    • Added an option to disable update checking.
    BasicCircuits 0.96 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • pixel: Added a maximum distance value preference to prevent lags and server crashes. The max can be changed using/rcprefs pixel.maxDistance x and defaults to 7.
    • sram: Fixed a problem with anonymous memory.
    SensorLibrary 0.34 (Dec 1st, 2012)
    • daytime: Fixed daytime offset bug.

Full changelogs and source code @ github.com:
    RedstoneChips [gunpowder] BasicCircuits [gunpowder] SensorLibrary

DoomLord, Shamebot, Vecht and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

AterIgnis

For the wire methods to power pistons: can you make a scheme of how to put this all to power grid of pistons? I have labyrinth with rooms of 2x2 size so each wall is 2x1 pistons which must move simultaneously on receiver signal and each wall must be independent of other pistons. Mine method of putting gold with lever on top of piston / below of it worked at first and stopped to work after some of bukkit updates, then my own update to RC made it work again most of times. each pair of pistons is accessed from below by column of colored-wool-chip, which links together 18 of piston pairs (NORTH and EAST sides or such in 3x3 rooms section)

3. Offline

7eggert

4. Offline

AterIgnis

I say again: I need to fit two separate pairs of vertical pistons on 3x3 space, they do not need to interfere each other.
    Now it looks like 2011-07-24_14.19.12.jpg on top and 2011-07-24_14.20.33.jpg below of my maze.
    Top ones may be done like 2011-07-24_14.23.51.jpg
    and how to compactly do bottom ones? pistons activate if lever is below them but not if it is powered wire. One idea is to use repeater-chip and place lever below each piston so one output from receiver would trigger two levers and two pistons correspondingly. Also my current layout allows me to have or-chip which ors 4 inputs of pressure plates inside rooms and outputs that to tranceivers so the one who controls the maze knows where the victim is.
    Control room: 2011-07-24_14.20.53.jpg

5. Offline

Mordenkainen

6. Offline

7eggert

@AterIgnis:

I think I got something working. Unfortunately my server does not run redstone chips at the moment, and WorldEdit will turn the pistons down so you'll have to replace them.

(WorldEdit schema atttached)

Attached Files:

7. Offline

AterIgnis

Ohh, that's good idea, I'll look into it and maybe find some most perfect implementation, thanks. Vertical size of it forbids me to implement that in my current labyrinth but it still may be another one.

8. Offline

gamemaster1494

I can't get the receiver's to work. I do what it should and it doesn't turn on... Please help.

9. Offline

7eggert

Did you put redstone wire next to the output switch? Did you make sure redstone the chips plugin is loaded?

If yes, please post a screenshot of one transmitter and the matching receiver. (Build one of each next to each other).

10. Offline

AterIgnis

do you use one input transmitters or maybe you forget to trigger 'clock' input (first) of transmitter so it does not transmit at all? And is channel identificator totally same? Maybe bit offsets do not match?

11. Offline

gamemaster1494

For some reason it was the clockdisplay plugin that worked with this plugin that screwed it up... Anyways:

On the Wiki for redstonechips there is a tutorial on how to build a clock with this. I did everything the wiki said and mine does not work... Is there any changes that should be made to the wiki? or can someone come on my server and help me out? plz.

12. Offline

Mordenkainen

I wrote the tutorial, if you PM me we can arrange a date/time we can both take a look.

13. Offline

BiGGrEEnBuDz

I recently restarted my server, and when it loaded back up, all of the signs on the circuits are blank, the circuits still seem to be working, but the only signs i see text on are pixel signs, everything else its just blank. does anyone know what happened?

14. Offline

7eggert

I made the rc_BCD plugin that may emulate the ClockDisplay chip. Unfortunately I cannot test it until the empty-sign-bug is fixed, since RedstoneChips triggers it for me.

Maybe you can test it for me and tell me if I can release it for CB1000.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...ecoder-for-clock-displays-and-more-823.24958/

You are (like me) affected by the blank-sign-and-empty-chest-bug. You have to disable redstone chips until we get the fix.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  15. Offline

Mordenkainen

Note that this will not fix the issue, just make it a little less likely to happen.

It sometimes happens when chunks unload, which happens whenever a user logs off or walks away from an area. This even happens on plain vanilla servers.

See: http://leaky.bukkit.org/issues/1052

16. Offline

nairo97

Is here anybody how know how i can reset an segdriver via redstone?

17. Offline

Mordenkainen

Why do you need to reset it?

18. Offline

nairo97

We have electric in our world an when the electric is off then should be the clock blank
    I hope you understand it xD

19. Offline

Mordenkainen

The segdriver can have a additional "blank" pin. Setting that pin on will blank the display. I think this is what you are looking for.

20. Offline

zipsi

does this plugin cause all active redstones load chunks around them? Cause I'm creating a railway system spanning several thousand units in length .. the system breaks after some hundred units. I've tried using piston pulse generators (some recommended to use them) and that is a no go.. they still break..

21. Offline

AterIgnis

This plugin loads chunks around circuits on server load and unloads them after (If I am not wrong). And if you have looong circuit - some logic is done only on loading of one chunk of that circuit so if second chunk loads while first is loaded - it would not do its logic.

22. Offline

Mordenkainen

This plugin does not keep ALL redstone loaded, but it does have a way to keep specific chunks loaded.

If you need to keep minecarts loaded all the time, the Minecart Mania plugin can do that.

Your system is failing because the minecarts and redstone are too far away from a player. Once they reach a certain distance (300 blocks or so) the just stop working until a player gets close. Minecart Mania can help with that.

23. If you just need to make the "data" go a long distance, just use wireless transmitter and receiver circuits.

24. Offline

Mordenkainen

Quite true, but any logic at the destination will not process that data until a user is close by. Sometimes just getting the data there isn't enough.

25. You can make a certain circuit that keeps the chunk loaded. That way you just need the sending and receiving chunks loaded instead of all the chunks along the way.

26. Offline

littlegoodboy

I built the clock from the tutorial on my server, have the minutes working right, but am having problems formatting the hours. Any help on the situation would be very much appreciated. If u need to take a look at it please let me know.

27. Offline

Iridium

I'm having problems with redstone chips. It shows that it has loaded in the server log and the /rclist command works but when i create a chip and right click on the sign it doesn't activate or give any message whatsoever.
    please help me!

28. Offline

Shamebot

You need to leftclick, but you can change it in the config/with a command.

29. Offline

Mordenkainen

You should be left clicking on the sign to activate (unless this was changed in the config). If that is not the issue:
    Are you entering the chip name in all lowercase?
    What happens if you build the chip and set up the sign, then look at the sign and use the /rcactivate command?
    PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Morden.

30. Offline

Iridium

yeah i tried both clicks with both settings. i've got iron sandstone gold with levers on and the sign on the sandstone saying 'clock' and when i type /rcactivate looking at the sign i get could not activate integrated circuit

31. Do you have the frequency written on the line underneath the line that says clock? I think the frequency is required.