[MECH] RedstoneChips 0.97 - Integrated circuits plugin [1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by eisental, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

eisental

RedstoneChips 0.97 / BasicCircuits 0.97 / SensorLibrary 0.34
    (Last update on April 30th, 2013, cb 1.5.1-R0.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Build chips with any number of input and output pins, from compact 2 block chips up to whatever you can imagine.
    • Choose from over 50 different chip types and several 3rd party chip libraries.
    • Most chip types can work with a wide or infinte range of i/o configurations. Sign arguments allow you to customize chip behavior.
    • Chips can communicate through redstone, or directly by touching each other. Some chip types can also communicate over wireless channels.
    • Chips can be built in almost any imaginable structure allowing very compact circuits.
    • Debug and maintain large projects using various tools and commands.
    [​IMG]

[cake] Help me spend more time working on RedstoneChips. Please donate

Circuit libraries made by other people:
    Changelog (open)

RedstoneChips 0.97 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • Fixed the saving bug on cb 1.5.1.
    • Added an option to disable update checking.
    BasicCircuits 0.96 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • pixel: Added a maximum distance value preference to prevent lags and server crashes. The max can be changed using/rcprefs pixel.maxDistance x and defaults to 7.
    • sram: Fixed a problem with anonymous memory.
    SensorLibrary 0.34 (Dec 1st, 2012)
    • daytime: Fixed daytime offset bug.

Full changelogs and source code @ github.com:
    RedstoneChips [gunpowder] BasicCircuits [gunpowder] SensorLibrary

DoomLord, Shamebot, Vecht and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

raz235

well its not normal its sand stone that can stand in mid air and thats the chip default block.
    so yours doesnt work because you used sand and not sand stone and @eisental i think u should write it down
    because it took me a while to figure it out too..

3. Offline

littleclaz

ummm is it me or does everyone seem to get this...

im using the latest versions of both plugins. im using the latest successful builds of bukkit and craftbukkit from bamboo.lukegb.com....
    i'm also using Permissions, Worldguard,WorldEdit,essentials.. their all the latest versions...

heres what i get
    Code:
    26-Jan-2011 20:30:33 org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: org/tal/redstonechips/BitSetCircuit (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/tal/redstonechips/BitSetCircuit
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:29)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.tal.basiccircuits.BasicCircuits.onEnable(BasicCircuits.java:56)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:285)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.tal.redstonechips.BitSetCircuit

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:29)
            ... 23 more

4. Offline

Badzilla

It still doesn't work. The console window on server startup shows it loaded both plugins.
    I'm running 74 and 141 of Bukkit.

Any ideas?

5. Offline

eisental

Well, not really. Make sure you're using the right blocks - iron blocks, gold blocks and sandstone blocks (assuming you didn't change anything in the preferences). Did you right-click the sign to activate the circuit?

I really recommend that you read the readme file if you haven't already.
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 9:14 PM ---
    This means that BasicCircuits can't find RedstoneChips. Either you have a wrong version of one of them or forgot to put RedstoneChips-0.X.jar in your plugins folder. Check that both plugins have the same version (0.6)

6. Offline

littleclaz

ohh so it has to be named RedstoneChips-0.0X not just RedstoneChips

7. Offline

eisental

Yes, just use the original file name (i.e. RedstoneChips-0.6.jar). If the plugin already created the <craftbukkit folder>/plugin/RedstoneChips data folder, delete it.

8. Offline

Badzilla

Ok, Thanks, I got it working now. I totally missed the right click.
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 11:11 PM ---
    I have read the wiki for print but just don't understand. It says at least 2 inputs and 0 outputs but then says put the sign on the output block 1 block after the last body block of the circuit.

Can someone post a schematic of this please.

Thanks.
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 11:20 PM ---
    This is what I have right now

c = circuit, i = iron, r = redstone, l = lever, b = button

c i b
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l

9. Offline

eisental

should be like so:

Code:
    s - sign block, P - the sign to print on

s
    c i b
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l
    c
    c i r l
    P

body block means chip block, the last c in your diagram.

10. Offline

Badzilla

Got it. Thank you. Is it possible to have it automatically decode the input and update the output on any input change?

11. Offline

eisental

It's not possible since then you will get print outs of transition states. Whenever more than one bit changes, for ex. last input states is 0000 and you want it to be 0101, you will get a print of 0001 or 0100 (after adjusting the first lever) before it will print the number you want - 0101.

12. Offline

Ray

Hi there!

Great plugin, but i´ve got this error after a server restart:

2011-01-27 13:35:26 [SEVERE] null
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown circuit type: clock
    at org.tal.redstonechips.RedstoneChips.getCircuitInstance(RedstoneChips.java:564)
    at org.tal.redstonechips.RCPersistence.stringToCircuit(RCPersistence.java:32)
    at org.tal.redstonechips.RedstoneChips.loadCircuits(RedstoneChips.java:268)
    at org.tal.redstonechips.RedstoneChips.onEnable(RedstoneChips.java:125)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:285)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    2011-01-27 13:35:26 [INFO] RedstoneChips 0.6 enabled.
    2011-01-27 13:35:26 [INFO] BasicCircuits 0.6 enabled.

(Version: Running Craftbukkit 141)
    As you can see, both plugins are installed but loaded AFTER this traceback.
    Also, sometimes the maintimer seems to break, so i´ve got to restart the server
    (using 2 clocks and a shiftregister), but i forgot to copy this traceback :(

Someone else had this problem?

13. Offline

eisental

The error message is weird. I'm not sure what causes it. It happened after you already managed to activate a clock circuit right?
    clock does cause the server to crash, use it at your own risk. I'm waiting for some bukkit updates to solve this issue (emphasis for other people to notice. this has popped up many times in this thread).

EDIT: delete your redstonechips.dat file to get it working again. You will then need to reactivate your chips and see if the error returns.

14. Offline

Ray

Right, two clocks where active. I´ll wait till the next update, gonna watch this thread :)

Thanks!

15. Offline

Badzilla

I ran into something odd. I had the print circuit working in a testing area. I had to back up to a previous world save so I lost the stuff in the test area. I am putting stuff back and for some reason the number is not getting updated on the block. In debug, I can see the state changes working just fine and it says it printed. The strange thing is, if I disconnect and log back in, it gets updated.

16. Offline

eisental

Well, this is a known bug (it's listed under 'What's not working' in the first post). It sometimes work but mostly doesn't ;-) Try to put some inverters between whatever you use to trigger the clock pin and the print circuit.

17. Offline

Badzilla

Very strange. The debug output looks the same with or without the inverter.
    I don't know if this is possible, but I thought it would be pretty cool to have an option that the sign would display some pre-defined text message depending on the input number.

18. Offline

pudquick

... so, any plans to offer in-game circuit programming, similar to the Perlcode from Craftbook? [​IMG]

Would sooooooooo love that [​IMG]

19. Offline

littleclaz

right ive been at it for some time.... and tbh
    i really dont get it...

do i just make lines of sandstone than add the inputs and outputs??
    couls someone show me or tell me what the wireless transmitters and recievers are for?

if i wanted to make something that has a clock in it do i need to make a clock?

20. Offline

eisental

Its a bukkit problem, not RedstoneChips. That's why it's so strange...
    I'll put you're print idea on my todo list seems very useful

21. Offline

pudquick

Read "How to build an IC" located here: https://github.com/eisental/RedstoneChips/blob/master/README.md

The wireless transmitters and receivers give the ability to transmit redstone signals between two points without there being redstone dust between them. When an "on" signal reaches a transmitter, it gets "transmitted" to a receiver - where redstone connected to the receiver will become ON, as though a switch had been thrown.

22. Offline

eisental

I do hope to make something similar. Do you have any suggestions? Making a sign programming language like Perlcode seems to be quite difficult but I think I can add an in game circuit jRuby interpreter without much hassle.

23. Offline

littleclaz

ive read through that...

but i still dont get like say if i wanted to make a Pisoregister (not that i will (as i really dont know what the hell theyre used for)just using it for arguments sake)
    would i need to have a clock circuit in the whole setup or would that be included in that one circuit?

24. Offline

eisental

btw, new version will be out once i finish all the necessary documentation :eek: with quite a lot of changes, especially in the circuit building part of it. Source is already on github. Probably in a few hours
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 9:21 PM ---
    If you're referring to the clock input, it's just a name. It doesn't have to be connected to a clock (although it would probably). Clocks are never part of other circuits, every clock circuit is pretty heavy on the server, and in the current version will probably make it crash at some point.

I realize the documentation on these more esoteric circuits is very bad. Sorry about that.

25. Offline

littleclaz

right soo... to make say a pixel ciruit..
    or anyother circuit..

i just make a line of snadstone with the iron blocks and gold block with levers/buttons one em and that makes the circuit?

26. Offline

eisental

The secret ingredient is to right-click the sign once you're done building it.
    It should say "Circuit x activated with y inputs and z outputs"

27. Offline

littleclaz

Ah i get it now lol.. i was just very confused on how it worked and so on.. thankss...

but what would the use of a
    Pisoregister be in minecraft

28. Offline

eisental

Theoretically you can use it for making a serial port, i.e. sending lots of bits using only one input/output. but i still didn't try to actually do that.

29. Offline

littleclaz

ah ok...

30. Offline

Badzilla

eisental:

Having a problem with the Pisoregister. Also the Wiki is wrong, it says sign text is shiftregister.
    I turn on the switchs at line 4, 6, and 10.
    Push button at line 2. It seems to load and for some reason the redstone torch which was on goes off then back on.
    Next I turn off switch at line 4 and push button at line 2 and nothing seems to happen.
    What I expected to see was off, on, off, on etc etc. with each button push.

S = Sign, C = Sandstone circuit, I = Iron, B = Button
    R = Redstone, L = Lever, G = Gold, T = Redstone torch on a stone block.

1 S
    2 C I B
    3 C
    4 C I R L
    5 C
    6 C I R L
    7 C
    8 C I R L
    9 C
    10 C I R L
    11 C
    12 C I R L
    13 C
    14 C G L R T

By the way, thanks for considering the text string thing for print circuit.
    I don't know how it could be configured but I though it would be neat for notification messages.
    Like for example a pressure plate was tripped on a track and it would say where it was.

I had built sereral miles of tunnel under my tracks to run 4 redstone wires for switching to stop at a station. I spent a week building it. Very time consuming and very messy at stations to decode the 4 bits.

Thanks to your transmitter / receiver I actually went back to a saved file before I started that project and am starting over using your blocks. It will be way cleaner and not limited to 15 stations.

31. Offline

Binder News

I suggest making the BasicCircuits plugin look for the RedstoneChips plugin in general, and maybe stop putting version numbers on the downloads. I had a lot of trouble because I renamed the RedstoneChips plugin to get rid of the version. It caused the BasicCircuits load to throw an exception.