Inactive [MECH] PvP Control v1.6 - Allows players to control if they can be attacked [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by LRFLEW, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Offline

LRFLEW

My first plugin release. After numerous threads, arguments, and issue suggestions and bugs, it's finally here.

NOTE: version 2.0 in the works. Follow the progress here.

PvP Control allows players to decide themselves if they want to fight other players. No longer will you have to worry about PvP griefers (and I have seen a few in my day). Whenever a player logs in, it tells him that PvP is off for him/her, and allows them to run the command "/pvp on" to turn it on. Only if the two combatants have PvP on will the attack work, otherwise it will cancel.

WARNING:
    This plugin WILL NOT WORK if you do not change the pvp setting in the server.properties to true. To reiterate: in server.properties make sure it reads pvp=true

Downloads (to all my projects and source):
    http://lrflew.ismywebsite.com/bukkit.html
    Mirror:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22202470/PvP.jar
    Source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22202470/PvP.zip

Version History:

NOTE: A version 2.0 is very soon to come. It will add much wanted features such as cooldown, killswitch, and even sparring
    • 1.6: Removed redundant source code hidden in the jar file
    • 1.5: Added ebean dependency and small details updated
    • 1.4: My hand was forced, and I changed from onPlayerCommand() to onCommand() (it was going to be a feature of v2.0)
    • 1.3: changed to onEventDamage() as per the newest build (also removed long caller). Make sure to use the latest build from http://ci.bukkit.org/ or use 1.2
    • 1.2: changed package name to comply with EvilSeth's request (don't worry, v2.0 is coming)
    • 1.1: allowed arrows to be controlled by PvP Control
    • 1.0: fixed issue; now PvP cancel event is set to priority Low
    • h.1: first release, had an issue I wanted worked out
    NOTE: this only cancels bad PvP attacks, doesn't make good ones work. If another plugin prevents PvP in an area, or the PvP setting in the server settings file is set to false, it will still stop PvP attacks even if PvP Control is set to on for both combatants.

LRFLEW

2. Offline

MCCity

is it possible to make it so that you can change the screen text when you die (Game over / score)
    and ranged does hit, eventhough pvp is toggled off.

3. arc and bow can attack all

4. Offline

dataviruset

I don't know if the author of this plugin is still around here, but where can you find the .jar file for version 1.6?
    Thanks.

5. Offline

SilentStray

I hope this isn't INACTIVE.....

6. Offline

LRFLEW

FOR EVERYBODY WAITING ON v2.0:

I have put this off for far too long. This update is at the top of my list, and to prove how dedicated I am, I have finally put my project on GitHub. Check out what I have and submit Issues and Pull Requests if you find something wrong. I want to get this done just as much as you want to use it, so LET'S PLUGIN (that sounded way better in my head :p)

https://github.com/LRFLEW/PvP-Control

7. Offline

The Wizard

If someone has the blocks/items set in a config file, pvp will be force on for that player.
    I really want this feature.

8. Offline

LRFLEW

Now that I have all my features in a list, it's making it a lot easier to pick off stuff one by one :p

I like that idea. It may not make it into 2.0 as-of release (we'll see), but I'm thinking about taking it one step further and making some sort of "class" system where having certain items upgrades you rank and you can only fight people in your rank system (the classes can also have fixed pvp on or off). I'm not sure how exactly it would work, so there's no ETA on this.

9. Offline

Daniel Akkanen

So what are the permissions for it?

10. Offline

LRFLEW

There are no permissions in versions 1.x. All players just natively have permission to set PvP for themselves. However, 2.0 will add the ability to allow and deny permission.

Daniel Akkanen likes this.
  11. Offline

ShotGunRain2012

Is it possible to have pvp enabled or disabled default for certain areas? Like, between certain points, have it so pvp is permanantly on or off, and then outside of that area have players be able to change it?

12. Offline

protector

Will have to try this plugin out :)

ShotGunRain2012, if your server is using WorldGuard then you can set a flag for this. just check their wiki.

13. Offline

Tr4p

I want to set the pvp Status in a certain area to true, no matter if the player set his status to true or false?
    Is this possible?

14. Offline

TerhX

if have bow and arrows can kill fix that plz

15. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

looks like a godmode plugin :p

16. Offline

thedecapitor

I can not find where to download plizz :'(