[MECH] PumpkinDiver [v0.16] [400-1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Afforess

Pumpkin Diver
    Features:
    • Wearing a pumpkin helmet extends the time allowed under water by 10x the normal length.
    • Chat prompt alerting users of air remaining at each 10% when wearing pumpkin helmet.
    • No Commands
    • No Configuration
    • No Permissions
    • No Hassle
    Known Issues:
    • Bubble GUI does not update correctly unless you use the Spoutcraft mod.
    Download Here
    Source Code

ChangeLog:
    • Version 0.10
      • Initial Release
    • Version 0.11
      • Fixed issues with air remaining chat prompt not firing 100% of the time
      • Improved efficiency by ~ 350%
    • Version 0.12
      • Fixed a rare null pointer exception when a player teleports in-between worlds.
    • Version 0.13
      • Conformed to meet Bukkit code naming standards
    • Version 0.14
      • Conformed to meet Bukkit code standards
      • Plugin Properly shuts down when disabled.
    • Version 0.15
      • Bug Fixes
    • Version 0.16
      • Minor enhancements/fixes
    Guide to Adding a Custom Pumpkin Helmet Texture to your client
    (Easy to do and totally safe!)
    • Find the pumpkinblur.png you want to use. I recommend this one by Glimmar.
    • Download it onto your desktop or some place you can remember.
    • Find your minecraft folder (in Windows it's C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin).
    • Open the minecraft.jar with winrar or 7z.
    • Navigate to the misc folder.
    • Drag the pumpkinblur.png you downloaded earlier over the existing one in the misc folder. Accept the prompt that asks you to overwrite it.
    • Close winrar or 7z.
    • Launch Minecraft, go to a server, and put on a pumpkin to see your custom helmet!
    Changed your mind, and want to go back to the old one? Go back the the minecraft folder and delete the "version" file. This will force minecraft to update when you launch it next time, and revert to the default textures.

2. Offline

SoapFlakes

3. Offline

Afforess

Not sure, it's definitely still supported.

4. Offline

SoapFlakes

Phew, I was worried for a second there. It is one of the most useful plugins on my server right now, it would be hard to make an underwater city without it. :D

5. Offline

Stephen92

ok man np.

6. Offline

TatteredKing

Oh, that's epic. Especially nice with the diving helmet view replacement. At last, a good use for pumpkins! Great job. :)

7. Offline

mskd_bklndr

Won't seem to work with b556, the usual errors Re invalid plugin exception etc etc

btw, love this plugin, it's just all-around fun.

8. Offline

Afforess

Redownload. Should work with all builds above 400. I'm using 556 on my server, and it's working, in fact.

Let me know if it still doesn't work though. ;)

9. Offline

mskd_bklndr

Redownloaded just a few hours ago. Would you like to see the specific error messages?

10. Offline

Afforess

Sure.

11. Offline

mskd_bklndr

...reloaded server, the errors are gone, and it's working great, with the same JAR file.
    I'm at a loss, I guess there was just something up with my server earlier today.
    Sorry to waste your time, and thanks! :p

12. Wow - I go looking for something to assist with building underwater - and there you are again - with another plugin. Amazing !! I don't know how you find the time to fit these all in. I downloaded & tried it (bukkit #560) works great. Love the fact that it doesn't last forever. I like the element of the game to remain, but I just found that you couldn't get anything done underwater with the given default time. Yours allows for so much more, but yet you still have to watch time .... fantastic.
    I looked at your option for an alternative pumpkinblur image, and whilst, Yes, very realistic, a little restrictive in view - I eventually went for one I'm uploading now .... I presume you've seen it before, but its very good and gives much more vision.
    ......anyway, thanks for another very good plugin - please don't forget to find time for a break ....... I wouldn't want you to suffer from 'burnout' whilst trying to keep up with all these things. ...... Users can be very demanding, and it take it out of you ......

13. Offline

Afforess

Thanks @icephantom ! I make plugins when I feel that MC has a problem that I can easily fix. I'm glad you like it.

14. Offline

lenocinor

This plugin is great, Afforess. Between this and MinecartMania you totally make my server awesome. Thanks!

Just one small problem - I followed your instructions up top and I can't get my pumpkinblur.png to change in the client, no matter what I do. I overwrote the PNG in /misc in both minecraft.jar and minecraft-1.3_01.jar and also deleted the META-INF folder, and it never changes. I double-checked that the files actually got overwritten, and you can tell they have because the filesize for pumpkinblur.png is much larger.

Any other ideas about what might be wrong? I use a custom texture pack (Painterly) and xau's patcher for custom water/lava, if you think that might be causing it.

15. I had the same problem (different texture pack) - if you go to your texturepack folder, open up the (texturename) .zip file with winrar or 7zip, or somthing, you'll find a misc folder in there & there is another pumpkinblur file inside - replace this one with your chosen one. You'll have to do this with any other texture packs you use as well.

16. Offline

lenocinor

That fixed it! Thanks man. :)

17. Offline

valdark

This is working perfectly with build 602

18. Offline

valdark

working perfectly with 617

19. Offline

Prime

Works perfect on 617 as well.

20. Offline

RazMaTaz

This looks unique?

Can't give any reason, only thing in log was a person losing connection just before it.

Code:
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-170468"
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.getOnlinePlayers(CraftServer.java:113)
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.getPlayer(CraftServer.java:120)
    2011-04-02 20:24:35 [SEVERE]     at com.afforess.pumpkindiver.PumpkinDiverPlayerListener$1.run(PumpkinDiverPlayerListener.java:46)

21. You may consider using my FishPeople instead. It's got a few more features and is doesn't have threading errors.

22. Offline

Arrorn

This is a result of pumpkin diver looking for a person who is no longer on. Its because he lost connection without Bukkit or Pumpkin diver registering it. It should not cause any problems other than possibly some exceptions while it continues to look for this person. Restarting the server/plugin should, key word, should clear the array and fix it.

@Richard Robertson:
    please don't poach peoples users.... If they wish to use your plugin on its own merits they will. Also, If they wish more functionality they will either ask afforess or attempt to find another plugin (possibly yours) that has more features. I know i'm not a mod but it still annoys me... Thank you. my 2 cents...

23. I'm not trying to get more users. I have nothing to gain from that. I was simply offering an alternative because I ran into problems using this (PumpkinDiver) original source code and I found an less buggy way to do it.

24. Offline

Afforess

Updated to v0.16
    -Minor enhancements
    -Fixes extremely rare NPE's

Enjoy!

There are no bugs in PumpkinDiver. If you read the above exception report, it threw an exception in CraftBukkit's source code, not mine.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  25. Sorry.

However, I was more referring to how PumpkinDiver originally (I haven't looked at your current source) used a thread instead of the scheduler and Minecraft isn't exactly thread safe.

26. Offline

Afforess

PumpkinDiver was around before the scheduler was. Anyway, it uses the scheduler now.

27. Then my comment is no longer valid. ^^;

28. Offline

Crunk_Bass

Working with 733.

Thanks for that great Plugin

29. permission support?

30. Offline

Afforess

None, sorry. The entire point of this plugin is to be dead-simple to use.

31. Offline

thepackett

For one i really appreciate all of your simple and easy to use plugins.
    It's the small things like this that makes servers more interesting.
    keep up the good work ^^