Inactive [MECH] PailStone v4.0 - A redstone extension [2034]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hafnium, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Hafnium

Eonz PailStone
    A Redstone Extension

Version: v4.0 (download)

Permissions: Any

Do you like this plugin? Help a poor student out, and toss me a few bucks!
    [​IMG]

New version control setup coming soon.​

Features:
    • :logic IC signs to simplify redstone logic gates and save space.
    • :logged IC detect if a player is in the world.
    • :item IC spawns item drops.
    • :ctime IC signs to check the time.
    • :send and :recv transmit signals wirelessly.
    • :sensor senses players withing a certain area.
    • :spawn IC spawns mobs.
    • :cuboid IC changes up to 100 blocks at a time
    • :bolt IC to spawn lightning
    • :disp IC to send you text from anywhere when redstone power is applied!
    • :announce IC to display messages to everyone in an area.
    • :trigger IC to turn on redstone power from anywhere.
    • :cweather IC to sense the weather conditions.
    And MORE! Full List

Changelog:

4.0:
    • Major overhaul of all systems.
    • Some significant syntax changes.
    3.8:
    • Added :area
    • Added /ps area
    • Added :arrow
    • Added :teleport
    • Added /ps coord
    • Added pulse
    • Permissions Overhaul

• Added :click and :count.
    • Added support for PermissionsEx and Bukkit permissions.
    • Made PermissionsEx the default choice for permissions.
    Old Changelog (open)

• Added :delay, :toggle, :clock, :rand
    • Fixed minor errors in text prompts
    • Added :item, :logged
    • Added config file
    • Added sign wipe protection to combat standing bugs in vanilla minecraft (toggleable in config)
    • Added variable cuboid limit, settable in config.
    • (3.4.1) Fixed error when triggering :trigger signs from console.
    • Fixed bug with a single input not working when extra inputs were wired.
    • Fixed bug where signs with blank lines would not always load.
    • Optimization.
    • Added :cweather
    • Added data values to :cuboid
    • Fixed bug where :send signs fired in rapid succession would not always trigger their :recv signs.
    • Added :disp
    • Added :announce
    • Added :trigger (previously :command)
    • Bugfixes (Thanks, Ollieboy)
    • Total rewrite. New release.
    • Various bug fixes.
    • Signs names, not arguments, are now colored.
    • Updated for 602.
    • Fixed major bug in the :cuboid IC regarding build limits. (Thanks to kenohki for pointing it out)
    • Added :twire IC to detect players in cuboid areas.
    • Started work on IC scripting language. (Unreleased)
    • :spawn IC
    • :cuboid IC
    • Updated to 556 to capitalize on the chunk ghosting glitch fix. The chunk ghosting glitch was causing spontaneous sign unloading.
    • Various bug fixes.
    • Pulled all code onto the main thread to stop concurrency errors.
    • Fixed a major bug that caused signs to sometimes spontaneously unload.
    • Fixed proximity's sensor range bug
    • Temporary bugfix for levers not triggering signs. (This is a craftbukkit problem. I put in a hacky solution)
    • Added config file.
    • Added ability to set data values of blocks with :set (fourth line)
    • Updated for CraftBukkit 531
    • Removed reference to Block.getRawData()
    • Updated for CraftBukkit 527
    • Redid backend entirely.
    • Added : proximity
    • Added :send and :recv
    • Removed (maybe temporarily) : players
    • Major bugfix.
    • Added :command
    • Minor bugfixes to :set.
    • General bug fixes.
    • Added players sign.
    • Major bugfix. (Thanks GagaPeter)
    • Added :rand sign.
    • Modified the :disp sign.
    • Added support for Permissions 2.5+
    • Added :set
    • A few bug fixes.
    • Fixed a bug that broke :ctime signs in some cases.
    • Auto-toggling ICs now fix their output levers if a player flips it.
    • Fixed code that still referred to the plugin by its old name.
    • Added support for automatically toggling signs.
    • Added :ctime and :logged
    • First Public release.
    • Added :logic and :disp

sinkir and furekusu like this.
  2. Offline

imjake9

Makes sense. Thanks again!

3. Offline

bryanschmidty

So, imjake9, are you taking on the PailStone development? or have you heard from Hafnium? I love PailStone, and the possibilities that it can bring with improvements. Where can I submit ideas and suggestions?

4. Offline

imjake9

I have heard nothing at all from Hafnium, neither yay nor nay. If I don't hear from him, I am planning to at the very least keep the plugin updated. I may also add some features, if I have the time.

I have created a Git repo for the plugin here, so you can submit issues there, or you can suggest them in this thread. It's up to you. Keep in mind that development probably won't be very fast currently, since I'm busy, but I will try to keep this plugin active.

5. Offline

bryanschmidty

Sounds great. I have some ideas that I will submit at Github then. Until then, a quick question about usage... My current understanding is that a pailstone IC that is providing power to a piston should be set up like this:

[IC] -> [block] -> [lever] -> [redstone] -> [piston]

Is there a way, with the current code of pailstone, to make that mechanism more compact?

6. Offline

bryanschmidty

I have tried many different patterns, but the ideal would be:

[IC] -> [piston]

7. Offline

Hafnium

Uh oh!

I kinda got smacked around by some real life stuff, and don't have much time (or inspiration) for Minecraft anymore. Things are getting a bit better, and I am chasing down some extant PailStone bugs, but I'm not going to be in full-steam dev mode any time soon.

imjake, have you made any modifications to the code? My Google code repo is suffering from a severe case of I-don't-know-how-to-operate-svn. I see you've added me as a contributor to the repo you set up on github, and I'm fine with using that as the core one.

8. Offline

imjake9

Yay, you're back! I haven't made any modifications yet, but I am planning to. I moved the repo to GitHub because, well, I don't like SVN. Linus Torvalds, git's creator, once said, "The slogan of Subversion for a while was "CVS done right", or something like that, and if you start with that kind of slogan, there's nowhere you can go. There is no way to do CVS right."

Anyway, feel free to do whatever you'd like with PailStone (obviously, it's your plugin :p), but I think git can work really well as a version control system. I'll maintain it if you can't, but if I do something you don't like, definitely let me know so I can change it.

9. Offline

debauc

Is there a nor latch or nand latch ic currently or planned?
    We are getting ready to install this plugin on our server to replace falsebook and several of my builds use nor latches.

10. Offline

imjake9

Both are currently implemented in the "logic" IC. Take a look at the site for more information.

11. Offline

debauc

imjake9 thank you for the quick reply. I must be looking in the wrong places. I just spent 30 minutes again today looking at every forum reply and on http://pailstone.eonz.net/ site and still cannot find this NOR LATCH IC implementation you mention. The only logic IC's listed are AND, OR, NOR, NAND, XOR and XNOR. I could connect two NOR IC's to create one but thats not what I was asking. Can you be a bit more specific on where in the site I might find more information and the correct syntax for creating a latch.

12. Offline

imjake9

Ah, got it. I misread your post. PailStone does not currently have a latch IC, but I could definitely implement one, if Hafnium doesn't object. The only question is whether is should be part of :logic or if it should be a new IC. What do you think would make the most sense?

13. Pls help? :'(

14. Offline

Jellifish

Hi,

Love this plugin. Is it just me having trouble with areas? I create an area using /pail area add somearea and then I put up an :area sign, but after a couple of flips of a lever, only a section two cubes wide is restored, and the rest of the area seems forgotten.

Am I doing something wrong, or expecting this to behave differently to how it is intended?

Thanks.

15. Offline

debauc

I think it should just be part of the logic. No need to make a new IC. It could be called NORL or NANDL for example.
    examples from falsebook: http://www.djgemo.de/IC-Wiki/MC3030.html http://www.djgemo.de/IC-Wiki/MC3030.html

Also and I dont want to ask too much but a delayer is an IC I used too. I need to figure an easy way of creating one using pailstone. Here is falsebooks version of it:http://www.djgemo.de/IC-Wiki/MC2100.html

Thanks again bo.

16. Plugin dead again? Because i wait now since 3. May of an answer and nothing :(

Here my question again... :(

17. Offline

debauc

I really hope someone picks up the torch on this plugin. Its the best thing we have since the death of falsebook.
    I just built an epic Mob Dungeon using this plugin and it sucks that it will stop working very soon.

18. Offline

Nibelton

i hope its works with 1.3.2 ?

19. Offline

Slickit

I have been trying to use this with 1.3.2 and hasnt worked, now that 1.4.2 is released i was hoping someone could post here once it is fixed or some way to get it to work with 1.4.2??

20. Worked for us on 1.4.2 without problems

21. Offline

deanemj

This project seems pretty dead, sadly. Anyone know of an alternative that is kept up to date? It's such a shame, too, because PailStone was fantastic... :(

22. Offline

imjake9

Hey, there. I used to be pretty active around here, but I left a long time ago. Before I left I could see Hafnium's activity dwindling, too. I'm really sad to see that this never got restarted.

I've stopped maintaining my plugin as well, which I feel kinda bad about. I'd love to pick up my plugin up again, and I've toyed with taking over PailStone, but I just don't have the time. Still, if enough people expressed enthusiasm, I might at least try and update it. I've been off the plugin dev scene for a while, though. Convince me. :)