Inactive [MECH] MultiInv V2.4.1 - Per World Inventories [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pluckerpluck, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That wouldnt have worked anyway, would it? Chests and stuff?

Anyone confirm this working on 1.7.3?

2. Offline

musicin3d

Could you provide a link that always points the latest version and give it to the creator of CraftBukkitUpToDate?

3. Offline

Jameskolar

I really like this Bukkit addon, but could you possibly add creative options which add unlimited stacks. I would only want this on the creative world of my server and not the survival world. Thanks and I am hoping you can add this. :)

Yah it works just fine on 1.7.3 :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  4. On my server I connected two worlds together, and it worked fine (inventory was kept) but when I went to another world and then back to any world at all, my inventory was empty :( all my items lost

5. Offline

chroma

"Open source is great"
    ;)

Ps: getting some pretty consistent server crashes that i think may be down to your mod, tracing the cause presently (hence the open source comment) and if i find out if its genuinely this plugin i'll keep you updated.
    Peace!

6. Offline

ToastedJelly

I can feel everybody's eye rolling. This isn't enough information. Post your configuration and describe exactly what you do to experience the bug. Also which bukkit version do you use and do you use the latest MultiInv version? Do you have any other plugins that access the inventory.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  7. Offline

Th3Controller

I love you so much I though I have to learn java programming to the next level cause im still a noob at it! I love you so much in a very homo way that you can imagine! I love this plugin! This should be part of multiverse![cake] CAKES TO YOU MY FRIEND!

8. Offline

frosty212

I believe you may have 2 or More Versions of the Same Plugin in your Plugin Folder because Every Different Version of MultiInv is name differently with the version number on the Plugin. Thus, each version of the Plugin will try to be the MultiInv Plugin, flipping back and forth.

9. Offline

ToastedJelly

I noticed that. Why do you do this, are there any advanteages? Seems like it can only lead to trouble.

10. ... it was intended so that you can download old versions and managing them is easier for me (on dropbox). But I can switch to a direct link (and I have one... I'm sure I posted it earlier... I'll find the link soon).
    For those wondering: Unless bukkituptodate dropped me then rename the jar to MultiInv.jar and it may work.

Yes I remember that request and was actually about to add it at one point. The only reason I didn't was because of the ease of transferring items with absolutely no efficient way to stop it (just throw them on the ground... or in a chest). If you still want that feature I should be able to add it... but I am sort of disappearing for 3 weeks in a few days. I won't even have a mobile :O So I'm trying to cram fixes in now...

Did I ever fix the bug with the crafting table? I worked out how I'm just not sure if I had time to release it before I went away.

11. Could you do a quick roundup of where we're at at the minute then?

Shared / Sep health working: ?
    Shared / Sep Invs working (including death leading to another world): ?
    Nether invs working: ?
    Current bugs: ?

12. Offline

Andrey

Hey,

I have a bug where when a world isn't loaded and sombody joins and get teleported to the mainworld, he looses his Inventory. It only happend once as far as I know, but It also happened to somebody who teleported outside a world when the server lagged a little bit. Well, whatever, I don't care, most of the time it works, I just felt like telling you, great plugin. Thanks.

13. Offline

mattjt3

Umm ok i have been searching for a solution to this and could not find one, is there a way to make it so if a moderator is in one world he cant spawn someone in the survival world 100's of diamonds and such cause its been an issue. so other than trust is there a way to disable that and would it be within your plugin?

also ill prob be the 100000 time uve answered this so im sorry , but is the health issue fixable yet?

14. Ok, I haven't actually tested this yet on the latest RB and it's too late for me to even try (just got home to my PC... last post was using the joy of unlimited mobile data... which is NOT free abroad).

But (from what I know):
    Shared / Sep health working: This should be working, there's a period of lag (which is depressing) but it works
    Shared / Sep Invs working (including death leading to another world): Death to another world will not work atm. But now that I can easily test it without other plugins (as nether spawn in main world) I should be able to fix that quickly.
    Nether invs working: Works, as long as you share it using the shares file (works like a normal world)
    Current bugs:
    • Ability to transfer items using craft slots (fixing, I know how just haven't implemented it... plus it will change for every minecraft release)
    • Random inventory losses under very specific circumstances... I have a feeling it involves problems with bukkit (teleport event is a bit dodgy), but I could be wrong. I have no idea how to fix this however as I can't work out what the actual problem is
    That's where I THINK we're at. If I have time I'll expose the permission for "/MultiInv ignore" to toggle inventory changing for admins and may add the delete commands again though atm it would be safer to manually delete files if you wish to reset an inventory. Also I'll get the debug system working again so I can get information from people.

Any luck? Is there an error in the console or does it die quietly?

Unfortunately I can't stop that because the spawning of items is controlled by another plugin which I can't effect. But if you go to the plugin that gives the item command (general, essentials or commandbook etc) then you may be able to request a feature so that you can't spawn items for someone unless they're in the same world as you. Which would then give you a bit more control... but I can't really help there. Terribly sorry.

And what health issue? Atm the config has the comment the wrong way round... set
    health: true

to get health per world and that "should" work.

Back to general info:

But the real problem is that from the 20th I will pretty much be dead to the world for a bit over 3 weeks (plus I'm quite busy up until then). And when I say dead I mean I can't even check up on the status of ANYTHING. Off to Tanzania on a "True Adventure" expedition and we get the joy of not having any phones.

But because of that I may need someone to "look after" the plugin. So:
    1) Anyone willing to try fixing the plugin if it breaks when I'm gone
    2) Any idea how I can share a download link on the first post that others would be able to edit... (either where the link points to or the actual file it points to)

Just noticed this post.

What's the exact error it gives (helps me find it in my source code). I can't see why that wouldn't work... that being said, I haven't been able to test on the latest RB

Edit: I actually think I only output one error really... and that only happens if the server can't find one of the worlds... which (as the second line works) would be world_nether.

All I can suggest is to double check spelling (including caps) and ensure that the worlds exist before you create start the server. Who knows... maybe the nether doesn't exist on the first server launch or something. Also I think you could try removing all the "whitespace" so do:
    world_nether=world

And finally... the actual file doesn't have "s in it does it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  15. Offline

ToastedJelly

create a bit.ly account and create a custom short link like bit.ly/currentMultiInv, then share the password with the guy that will take care of this in the meantime - he can login in bit.ly and edit where this link leads to.

16. Offline

Tydrorift

Great plugin.
    I have both Survival worlds and Flat creative worlds, and it works perfectly.

17. Offline

Flenix

Hi,

I figured it out, the world I use for nether is just called "nether" - although I still have an unused world called world_nether so can't work out why it was throwing an error... ah well.

18. Offline

Silarn

It seems CB 996 (and maybe earlier?) has broken MultiInv. Right now my users can take items from one of my primary worlds to the other, though it appears to be reset when moving back to the first world.

---

It appears to only occur when a player uses the CommandBook /item command. If they pick up an item normally it functions properly. Even if they use the /kit command from CommandBook, it still works. It is only /item.

19. Wait... are you saying that if they get an item using /item from CommandBook, and then teleport to another world, that the item will travel with them?

If so I'm slightly worried because I don't think there's anything my plugin can do about that. It seems like an issue with either Commandbook or Bukkit. However, if I've misunderstood then I'd be glad to look into the problem.

20. Offline

Silarn

@Pluckerpluck That's relatively correct, however again this only cropped up on 996 or perhaps slightly earlier -- as late as 977 it wasn't happening.

Seems that, if someone gets an item using /i they will take it to survival but then if they teleport back to creative it vanishes -- as if it was put directly into their survival inventory. (But I believe they still have the item in creative initially?)

21. As soon as I can I'll investigate into this. It's quite a worrying problem really... because I copy the entire inventory on world change AND I load the entire inventory of the other world... which should always overwrite the inventory you have.

So I suspect bukkit is doing something it shouldn't. Which I may or may not fix before I leave. I'm gonna ask the people at commandBook what the difference between their kit and item commands work.

22. Offline

fffizzz

Just for giggles I tried to replicate this and couldnt.

23. Offline

Supermunch

Can someone test this for CB 1000?

24. Offline

Hugo2dog

Supermunch

ill test it now

MultiInv seems (for me) to be working fine on CB1000.

25. Offline

Iseeicy

I Have a Question..... Im running a Medival server currently, but with this plugin im combining my build server and other servers together. but when i saw that it made new inventorys for people, i started to freak. Is there any way to make it so that it takes inventorys from the current world?
    For example

Lets say i was at the spawn and in the spawn world, i had a diamond. then, i go to a medival world and now i have my inventory i had from when i was using that save from before. Of what im aware, the converter cannot do that.

26. Offline

ScottSpittle

CB 996 MultiInv Laters

27. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ah. Yeah, it's definitely something that would be easily taken advantage of. It's not that important a feature for me, it's just that there were complaints that people working in the one world couldn't get stuff from the nether.

28. Offline

Silarn

Just to alleviate any fears, after doing the update to 1000, waiting a day or two, and giving people permission to use /item again, it would seem the problem of items appearing in survival has vanished. Either it was a plugin conflict of some sort or a CB issue or both.

29. Offline

fffizzz

there was also an item duplication bug in 1.7.2 craftbukkit (956)

30. Offline

TerrorBite

Hi, I'm using MultiInv 2.1.0 with great success on CB 1000. At the moment I'm upgrading all my plugins to the latest versions. My problem lies with MultiInv. However, it would appear that the conversion tool GUI can only convert one file at a time, which will make conversion a huge chore. I was also unable to use it, the file chooser window was empty of files. There seems to be a string index bug on line 407 of ConvertInventoriesView.java:

Code:
    Exception in thread "Basic L&F File Loading Thread" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1943)
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1916)
        at convertinventories.ConvertInventoriesView$dataFilter.accept(ConvertInventoriesView.java:407)
        at javax.swing.JFileChooser.accept(JFileChooser.java:1594)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$LoadFilesThread.run0(BasicDirectoryModel.java:250)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$LoadFilesThread.run(BasicDirectoryModel.java:232)

My question is, is there a batch conversion method for these data files? Until I can convert, I'll be staying with MultiInv 2.1.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.