Inactive [MECH] MultiInv V2.4.1 - Per World Inventories [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pluckerpluck, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just to be sure I'd always run a second server setup so that I can test things before I add them. Nobody has actually told me if the converter works... I assumed from the silence that it may have.

2. I'm still getting a few errors, although i'm not 100% sure i converted correctly, would there be a way to check?

3. Chances are it's my problem... *sigh*. I don't have the ability to fully test this myself. But I suppose you can open up the inventories and you should see "MultiInvInventory=..............." which would make it look like it's worked.

What are the errors... if the convert went wrong then you should just have blank inventories in all the worlds (except maybe the one you log in with). But then it should work fine afterwards.

4. It's been a day or two since i converted, strangely (and luckily) only 2 of my 3 worlds are affected, the 3rd (and main, Survival) world seems ok.
    When killed in Chaos / Creative, you respawn with your Survival inventory; when you die in Survival, you respawn with nothing (unless my users are keeping that one quiet ;)). You can join if you want and take a look around; mention you are from Bukkit.

Edit: Before, this only happened on Chaos. Also, the inventories seem to have converted OK.

5. Ah, that could easily be my plugin messing up as someone has respawn problems before. It's probably from my work around of trying to fix respawning in different worlds from where you die. Chances are bukkit is messed up in some way... but I'm busy until Sunday... and on Sunday I'll need to revise for my Physics exam on Monday morning. But after that I'm FREEE! Till the leaver's dinner on Thursday... Followed by some other stuff. But the main thing is I need it stable by mid July because then I'm off to Tanzania for 3 weeks.

Assuming you respawn in the same world you die in try this:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11060086/MultiInv_dev.jar
    It just ignores the respawn event as it's not needed if you respawn in the same world.

6. Nice, will give it a try and post some feedback in a bit.

:D Everything seems to work, i've tried killing myself, being killed, warping and Tp'ing across worlds, everything works well. Thanks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  7. Offline

Phinary

Link is broken :s

Nvm. Fixed now

8. I'm guessing that bukkit has changed how respawning works in some way... I'll look into it sometimes... but for now I'll put this version on the main page.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  9. Offline

WaferMouse

Hi! I was using MultiInv 1.5 on my test server, but I never used it on my live server (I only went live using MC 1.6), and I finally got round to trying the latest MultiInv. What's the behaviour for worlds that aren't mapped? Is their inventory still saved and switched to based on the rules of the system? Because I have the majority of the worlds on my server in a single share, and when I teleport to a world that's outside of the share, it still brings my inventory with me.

I'm using Wormhole X-Treme for warps and WXW for world management, if it makes any difference. My config is default, my shares look like this:

Jenoaga = worldbak
    bitekiland = worldbak
    hubship = worldbak
    alfheimr = worldbak

10. Offline

matejdro

Any news on notch's nether?

Currently i have this setup:

- Main world
    - Nether world
    - Creative world.

I want to keep creative separated from other two. But if i create nether portal in creative, it will teleport me to nether with all the items.

11. I was pretty sure that each world had its own nether... called "nether_worldName"... just thought I'd say, if I am wrong I'd like to know.

12. Offline

matejdro

Yeah i though that too, but after trying it out i see that only main world have _nether and all portals link to that.

13. If all worlds are sharing I'd have to assume that the plugin has completely fail to load for whatever reason. Any worlds not being shared should have their inventory seperated...

So 1) Use the dev version on the front page as respawning works better on that (if you respawn in the world you die in)
    2) Ensure there are no errors in the console on startup (if there are, post them here if they're related to my plugin)
    If there are ANY errors from any plugins it may stop mine working
    3) Ensure the plugin is actually installed.... last thing I can think of.

If you think it should be working and there's no errors type /plugins ingame and ensure MultiInv is there once and only once.... otherwise I'm not sure what to do. But assuming the teleport method gives off the teleport event I should catch it... For testing you could try install tele++ (if that still exists... I'm not up to date) and try manually teleporting from world to world. If that works but Wormhole doesn't I'll have to look into those plugins to check for compatability issues.

I'm currently quite busy with an exam on Monday... but if I get some free time I'll try and work a way to choose which world nether links to. You'll probably add nether in the shares and I'll just make the portal teleport work the same way as onPlayerTeleport.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  14. Offline

ddubois89

Found something weird, Confirmed in the Dev Build. I have 3 Worlds. ( more but for the sake of explanation) Go to world 1 pick up sand. go to world 2 pick up pork. world 3 pick up dirt. If you die in world 3 you only lose the inventory of the world you just came from. So in my case I lost the pork but still had sand in the other world. Does this make sense? How can I prevent this?

15. Do you respawn in the same world that you die in? I don't do anything on respawn and so the plugin should just ignore it. But this means that you have to respawn in the same world that you die in.

In the example, if you died in world3 but respawn in world2 you'd lose the world2 inventory.

That's my guess anyway, if that is your problem I'm working on a fix as soon as I get free time. If that isn't your problem (you are respawning in world3 but losing the world2 inventory) I'll need to investigate further. chances are bukkit change the event sometime ago and it does something new I didn't expect.

16. Offline

xZise

Ehr, one question: Why don't you support the list ability of yml in the config.yml?

Code:
    # Do you want health to be shared across worlds
    health: false

# Do you want inventories shared across worlds
    # *Currently does nothing, currently assuming that you got the plugin to share inventories*
    inventories: true

# Players you wish to never switch inventories
    # Seperated by a comma ,
    ignore:
      - xZise
      - Pluckerpluck

Fabian

17. Offline

ddubois89

Well right now If I die on world3, it respawns me to world1 and in the process only losing world1 inventory. World2 and World3 Inventory is safe.

Id much rather spawn back in the world I died in if it keeps everything safe.

If you dont do anything on spawn, maybe something else is spawning me back to World1 and Screwing it up. Does that sound right?

18. Offline

TheGurw

You left out the permission nodes in the OP. Otherwise, awesome.

19. Offline

VeryInsane

Will this work with Newest Recommended Build #928?

20. Hi, love the plugin, lets us run creative and puzzles over on escapecraft :)
    Anyway, I come here due to a bug report on a plugin i'm creating.

Is there a method in MultiInv my plugin can call to update a players inventory.
    Currently when a player leaves if they are in certain worlds they are transported out of them, but this bypasses MultiInv's hooks. So I was wondering if there was a way to fire an event to MultiInv to do so.

21. Offline

DutchCraft

Love the plugin, But also having the following problem:
    Normal World
    Survival World

When die in Survival world, items drop and teleports me back to Normal world, then when i re-enter the Survival World portal i have all the items i just died with.

Would love to see a fix for that.

Thank you!

22. Offline

Donny

Effectively duping items when a player is killed. Don't know the exact way to duplicate it but since I've had this plugin (yesterday night) I have had to clear a floor of items on my pvp world twice. When the items dupe they continue duping and the item on the ground doesn't pick up but still goes into inventory, so one item can fill your inventory.

23. Offline

rslink

I seem to have a problem on my sever where a player can go to World 2, give them selves items (its a creative world), go through a nether portal so it takes them to World1_nether and back through again to World1. They have will have all the items from World2, and will overwrite there World1 inventory.

24. Offline

Flatliner

Nether portals are on the list of things to be fixed, I too am having the same problem and for now have just disabled the nether except for portals setup using multiverse for the time being.

25. Offline

xZise

Ehm, is the "health" feature implemented? So if somebody is in world A has a different health than in world B (if they don't share inventories).

Fabian

26. It's meant to be... I wait for a short while and then set the health as I can't actually do it during the event. So it's a work around until bukkit fixes it. So it may or may not work. I couldn't test it with lag. (Note: if they share inventories they share health... or they should)

Also, I completely forgot about the yml list functionality. Although I'll probably get less complaints about it not working as I strip spaces manually so as long as everything is up against the left side it'll work. No tabbing problems :) I'll add it soon though.

(I quoted you as an example, you were one of the first to ask)

FOR EVERYONE WITH SPAWNING PROBLEMS (LOSING/DUPING INVENTORY)

Bukkit is really not fully featured when it comes to the respawn event. And so I have to try and come up with work arounds to get the inventories to work when using them. At the moment the dev version is the same as the normal version but without any respawn checks (which I think aren't working anyway). Because of this you have to set your plugins to spawn you in the world you die in.

This is the default for bukkit. Which means you have some other plugin (teleport plugin or spawn plugin) which makes you respawn in a different one from the one you die in. You HAVE to turn off that function for this plugin to work correctly.

I have some spare time on Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday morning. In that time I will try and create a method to get respawning to work. It will have customisable delay (which will make sense when I release it) which should let it work on everyone's servers. But until then you'll have to live with spawning in the same world you die in.

@Donny @DutchCraft <-- the above is meant for you I think.

@tehbeard I haven't got a method but I'll make one for you. What about a "changeInventory" function where you send:
    the world they were in, the world they will be in and the player.
    You then call that before you change them which will set their inventory to the new worlds one. And then you move them? If that makes sense.

But if you use player.teleportTo() or whatever teleport method they have in bukkit then it should create a teleport event, which I should be able to catch. I'm not entirely sure what happens if that's inside a player quit function though...
    However, if you do somehow bypass the player teleport, have a look into calling your own teleport event. I know that bukkit just creates the events in a simplistic manor so if you look into how the teleport event is called you may be able to call it yourself which will make my plugin change the inventory because it thinks they teleport normally.

But if you do need a method to call I can create one.

ddubois89 likes this.
  27. I forgot you can access the event manager. I'll try that, having difficulties with migrating to #928 at the moment with stupid flight hack alerts being triggered by my plugin.

28. About the flight hacks. If you know when they'll happen you can cancel the kick event. Though the kick warning may still output (thus spamming the console). That's being worked on though..

If you can cancel the event (because you know when it will be called) then see what Cue is doing (try #bukkitdev on irc). Because he was working on stopping the error.

29. Got it, I can't use .teleportTo() in move event.

30. Offline

ddubois89

Thanks for spending some time to explain this to us and what you may do to try and fix it. Its good to have an understanding as a server admin so I can try and fix what I can on my end until a proper fix comes out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.