Inactive [MECH] MorePhysics v2.0 - Make Minecraft feel a bit more real.... Or not. [RB-1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taco, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Mikhos

Absolutely fantastic plugin. I am in love with this, and it works perfectly well with my Heroes classes, and of course, old style piston launching.

The bouncing is neat, but I see no practical use as of right now, so I have it disabled.

2. Offline

Taco

UPDATE TIME!

v 1.9:

- Fixed sand (sort of).
    - Added the ability of upward facing pistons to launch you even if there's a block between you and the piston. (Only a test run, doesn't work with horizontal pistons yet.)

kahlilnc likes this.
  3. Offline

Foerster44

Maybe you should update the .jar only download? I already prepared a nice exception message post and then saw that the console still said "verison 1.7" >.<

At least those nasty PistonEvent exceptions avoid my console now^^
    Although, the sand seems pretty glitchy in my eyes - are there improvements planned?

4. Offline

Taco

All the downloads *should* be up to date, though I'll make sure soon. As for improvements, sand is priority in that category, so there will definitely be some. Sand I can't quite get it to a point where I can edit the velocity of it, so it's sort of a pseudo-movement right now that I coded a while back as a backup plan.

5. Offline

Whynot

It would be very nice if you can add a command which activates/deactivates the piston gravity for each piston. Or is it possible to make a "new" piston with gravity? Perhaps with a new item id or the normal id:2. Because this pistons are fuckin nice :D
    Thanks for this awesome plugin!

6. Offline

teh_arceuxx

Pistons only launch people horizontally, no vertically. How can i fix it?

7. Offline

Taco

I need a little more detail than that. What version of craftbukkit are you running? Are there any errors? Can you provide a screenshot of your piston setup?

8. Offline

teh_arceuxx

Im running CraftBukkit 1.2.5. There are no error.
    Here's the screenshot of the config

2012-03-15_15.29.34.png

9. Offline

Mikhos

Sometimes the server thinks you're trying to fly, or at least that's what my logs seem to tell me, and stops you from 'moving wrongly'.

10. Offline

teh_arceuxx

It was not for that, but now it works.

11. Offline

Taco

Ah, good to hear.

Also:

UPDATE TIME!

v 1.9.1
    - Fixed some bugs regarding pushed blocks launching random entities.
    - Added aforementioned feature to the config.

12. Offline

Mercury

Very Impressive Work!

13. Offline

Taco

Not a bad idea. I'll definitely take this into consideration!

Thank you!

14. Offline

KoBro12

I love this plugin. Only 2 things right now i woud like to see a change too:
    Sticky pistons shoudnt launch sand or gravel or entities (If possible) so that they "Stick" to it, and maybe get dragged by it when it gets contracted. :p

15. Offline

RightBackAtCha

I think it would be nice to be able to configure the launch power of individual pistons. I live in a Jungle Tree, you see, but this jungle tree is basically 4 of them stacked, so it's quite tall. This could save me a lot of time from moving between levels, but all of the pistons launch me the same height, so I end up taking a bit of damage getting to the level I want (I built platforms on the tree). So you could have it set up to right click on a piston with a certain item or something to change it's launch power.

16. Offline

Taco

I'll add that. I thought I already did actually. :p

The issue with that would be having to store each piston's power in some sort of database or file, which would eventually take up quite a bit of space. Recalling all of that and keeping it stored in memory would cause a huge performance drop. If it weren't for that, I'd gladly add this.

17. Offline

Hibachi1

I was trying to re-create the mine cart launching as was in the yogscast video, but it seems that I can only get the mine carts to go mostly vertically and they have no distance horizontally whatsoever.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4104/ssssan.png

they go really high, but land right in front of the piston. Am I doing something wrong or is this the wrong plugin to use for that?

18. Offline

Taco

The issue is that the minecart slows down significantly after it leaves the tracks. You can try to launch the piston horizontally while it's in the air. I know that is possible and works rather well because I've seen it done on one of the servers I frequent; I'll try to grab a screenshot for you if I can find the setup.

19. Offline

Hibachi1

Thanks for the response a screenshot would be very helpful!

20. Offline

RightBackAtCha

Would it be possible to have some sort of mode you can activate via a special command to enable the command user to place configurable pistons versus the default launch power pistons? Since I'm a host of a server made for just a few people (3-5) I would honestly be the only one to access such a command. Perhaps you could add some sort of line in the configuration to choose whether or not this command is available or not?

21. Offline

Taco

Added a link the the wiki page for this plugin. It's still a work in progress, but it has the basics down.

22. Offline

MrFluffyPwny

Why disable me? (LieutenantDerp) ;)

23. Offline

jasonavis

is there a way to make it that when you bounce you still take dmg?

24. Offline

matt112986

Could anyone help me configure the minecarts damaging players? The config does not generate anything relating to minecarts, stopping at arrows. The wiki shows a minecart section below this but I cant find a full copy of the config to see what all is there. I tried adding what I could see in the pic to no avail. Is this feature not implemented yet? Everything else works fine.

Craftbukkit 1.2.5r1.0
    MorePhysics1.9.1
    No errors in console

Thanks for any help, love this plugin :p

25. Offline

Taco

That feature isn't released yet. I honestly didn't expect anyone to actually read the wiki.

26. Offline

matt112986

Some people actually read that stuff :p Looking forward to this feature being added. Out of curiosity will it be possible to make it so this doesn't stop the minecart? And so it breaks any existing minecarts and keeps going? Hoping this can help solve problems with stray carts and entities on the tracks.

27. Offline

Taco

I've been looking into this, and I'm not quite sure yet. Development is a bit slow because this week is finals week, and next week is my graduation. So, this feature may take a little bit to make it to a full release.

28. Offline

Awackypenguin

Would it be possible to add a feature where arrows do different damage based on what kind of armor you're wearing?

Also, great plugin!

29. Could u also do physics such as tree's falling when destroying bottem block? Sorry if u answerd to this in a early reply but i am in abit of a rush. otherwise really cool plugin.

30. Offline

Taco

I've considered this, but I'm not sure how this would go over performance-wise.

I thought armor already negated some arrow damage? Or are you asking for armor to have customizable defense against arrows?