Inactive [MECH/FUN] Vampire v3.3 - The horror continue on your server [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TrainYourBrain, May 8, 2011.

1. Offline

TrainYourBrain

Hey guys,

Since Olof Larsson's vampire plugin seems to be inactive I will continue his great job, you can check the original version at Vampire Original Topic.
    All credits go to Olof Larsson, I've done some fixes that's all.

Please if you find something weird or if you want something to be added or even a bug, please tell me ;-)

Current version: 3.3
    Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/Vampire.jar/download
    Source : https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/

This plugin add the horror of vampirism to your minecraft server.
    Any player may turn into a vampire if they contract the infection and doesn’t manage (or doesn’t care) to cure themselves in time.
    The plugin is fully configurable, see the "Configuring the plugin" section.

Turing into a vampire
    To become a vampire you must first contract a certain infection. This infection will make you sicker and sicker until you finally turn into a vampire. If you want to stop the infection you can either eat bread or use a good altar (read more about altars further down).
    There are three ways to contract the infection:

1. Fight against vampires in close combat. For each attack (from either you or the vampire) there is a 1/30 risk that you will contract the infection.
    2. Use an evil altar. Any player can build such an altar (read more about altars further down).
    3. Ask a server operator to infect you. There is a server command for this.
    After you contract the infection you have one hour (real time not game time) before you turn. This is about 3 minecraft day night cycles.

Since version 3.0 it exists two vampire types : The TrueBlood and the Common.
    The main difference is TrueBlood can infect other player, whereas Common can't.
    True Blood are those who turn into vampire thanks to an evil altar.
    The common are human infected (and turn) because of an other vampire.

A human become True Blood vampire using an evil altar.
    A human become Common vampire when a TrueBlood vampire attack him.

Being a vampire
    Vampires…

• Burn in sunlight, but not when it's raining/snowing/thundering.
    • Take no fall damage.
    • Can breath underwater… or rather does not need to breathe at all.
    • Has a reservoir of blood between 0 and 100.
    • Must drink blood from humans or animals to not die from starvation.
    • Can not eat normal food except fresh pork to recover blood.
    • Regenerates health automatically. (costs blood)
    • Won’t be attacked by monsters unless the vampire attacks first.
    • Can jump and fly using a red rose. (costs blood)
    • Deal more damage in close combat.
    • Take less damage in close combat except for attacks from wooden weapons which hurt them a lot.
    • Occasionally infects others in close combat.
    A vampire is considered to stand in sunlight if it is daytime and the blocks above the vampire is too transparent. So for example a vampire will burn under a clear sky but be safe under a cobblestone roof. If the roof was made of glass the vampire would burn. It is possible for vampires to take cover under trees if they are thick enough. It takes 4 leaf-blocks to block the sun… etc.

To drink blood a vampire must damage other humans or animals. So if you are a vampire you will find that it is possible to go the vegetarian way… however humans are much more tasty (you get much more blood from them than animals). It is important to keep track of your blood supply. Use the v command every once in a while. If blood is over 50 the regenerate ability will work. You will slowly heal your wounds automatically at the cost of blood. However if you blood is below 50 you are thirsty and will slowly loose health. If blood is below 20 you are very very thirsty and will loose health fast.

Curing a vampire
    The only way to cure a vampire (except for the admin cheat command) is to use a good altar.

Altars
    There are two types of altars. Good ones and evil ones. These altars can be built by any player. The evil altar can be used to contract the infection that after a while will turn you into a vampire. The good altar can stop the infection and even cure already turned vampires. The altars are made of one main block and 20 nearby blocks:
    Note how I wrote nearby. To be more precise nearby means within a radius of 7 blocks away from the main block. This means you may design your altar how you like. Put the secondary blocks in any way you think look nice [​IMG]

To use the altar you right-click on the main block (gold or lapis).

Configuring the plugin

Show (open)

So there are 4 configuration files :
    • Conf.json include general Vampire plugin variables.
    • Lang.json contains all the text. (So this is the file you'll need to translate if you don't want the text to be in English ;))
    • TrueBloodConf.json contains attributes about TrueBlood vampire.
    • CommonConf.json contains attributes about Common vampires.
    FAQ :

First, to configure the plugin, edit the conf.json file located in Vampire directory.

How can I change the necrosis system radius effect ?

Set the radiusSpreadingNecrosis value to true/false.

How to enable/disable the things becoming death when vampire are close to them (spreading necrosis system) ?

Change "allowSpreadingNecrosis" value to true or false (respectively enable/disable).

How to enable/disable draining blood over time ?

Change "allowBloodLoss" value to true or false (respectively enable/disable).

How to change the color vampire name when the vampire send a message in chat box ?

Change the following variable that are use to set the vampire name color and the message color of a vampire :

"vampireChatNameColor": "RED",
    "vampireChatMessageColor": "WHITE",

Commands
    The base chat console command is /v or simply v. This means you don’t need to write the forward slash if you don’t feel like it. [​IMG]

The base command v can be used by vampires to display their current blood reservoir. There are also the following subcommands for server operators (OP):
    • v infect [playername] *[amount from 0 to 100]
      The player turns into vampire at infection 100. 0 means no infection.
    • v turn [playername] [TrueBlood]
      Instantly turn a player into a common or trueblood vampire.
      Ex: "/v turn Toto" will turn Toto in common vampire.
      "/v turn Toto trueblood" will turn Toto in True Blood vampire.
    • v cure [playername]
      Instantly cure a player from vampirism.
    • v list
      List all vampires on the server.
    • v load [config|players|all]
      Load data from disk.
    • v save [config|players|all]
      Save data to disk.
    • v time [ticks from 0 to 23999]
      Set the time. 0 means sunrise. 1 ingame hour is 1000 ticks.
    • v version
      Find out which version you are running.
    • v help
      Show help
    • v chatcolor [enable/disable]
      Enable or disable the system chat color : When a vampire write something, the vampire nickname is write in red
    • v burntime [From] [To]
      Set time when the vampires will burn. Ex: /v burntime 0 12400
    • v feed [playername][amount]
      Give blood to the vampire.
    Installing

1. Download the latest release: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/Vampire.jar/download
    2. Put Vampire.jar in the plugins folder.
    A default config file will be created on the first run. You don’t need to modify it. The default file is good. But if you feel like it you can alter all ingame messages and a lot of the game balance from there.

Updating

If you have an older version of Vampire, you may update the plugin, so the simplest way to update the plugin is to replace your current Vampire.jar by the one you downloaded and to remove Vampire directory.
    However if you don't how to delete them ('cause you've translated the conf.json for instance) you have to :
    (For instance : if your version is 1.3 do the things write in "If your version was < 2.1" but also the things write in "If your version was < 2")

Show Spoiler

If your version was < 3.2 /!\ VERY IMPORTANT

Show Spoiler

- Remove your Conf.json
    It will be created once again, when you restart your server

If your version was < 3.1

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add the following lines :

"allowBloodLoss": true,
    "allowSpreadingNecrosis": true,
    "radiusSpreadingNecrosis": 2,
    "messageTrueBloodVampire": "You are a True Blood vampire.",
    "messageBasicVampire": "You are a common vampire.",
    "turnTrueBloodMessages": [
    "Your heart stops. You don\u0027t breathe anymore.",
    "You are now a True Blood vampire, able to infect.",
    "To see your blood supply:",
    "Type \"/v\" or simply \"v\" in the chat."
    ],

If your version was < 2.2

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add the following lines :

"vampireNameColor": "RED",
    "vampireChatMessageColor": "WHITE",

And add this lines in the part regarding helpMessages :

"/v burntime [From] [To] Set time in which vampires will burn.",
    "/v chatcolor [enable/disable] Enable/Disable vampire player name color.",
    "/v help Show this message."

If your version was < 2.1

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory and remove the "Pork" item from food material :

"foodMaterials": [
    "MUSHROOM_SOUP",
    "COOKED_FISH",
    "APPLE",
    "RAW_FISH",
    "GOLDEN_APPLE",
    "BREAD",
    "GRILLED_PORK",
    "PORK" <-remove this
    ],

If your version was < 2

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add this line between the second and third line :

"allowOPToUseAdminCommand": true,

Incompatibility with other plugins :

You'll maybe meet some bugs if you use a Weather plugins.

Changelog:

Version 3.3
    • When a human died, he may become a vampire (configurable).
    • Bug fixes
    • True Blood vampire can use different recipes than Common vampire , in order to cure.
    Version 3.2
    • Added the possiblity to vampire (True Blood and/or Common) to prevent from burning.
    • Configuration file (Conf.json) splitted in 4 :
      - Conf.json includes general Vampire plugin variables.
      - Lang.json contains all the text. (So this is the file you'll need to translate if you don't want the text to be in English)
      - TrueBloodConf.json contains attributes about TrueBlood vampire.
      - CommonConf.json contains attributes about Common vampires.
    • Red roses don't disappear if "spreading death" ability is enabled.
    Version 3.1
    • Drain blood overt time is now available and configurable.
    • Server operators can feed vampire (give blood to vampire)
    • A vampire will bring death to the world. It's mean all entity next to the vampire become dust.
      For instance, flowers will disappear, grass will become dirt, snow will melt.
    • Added True Blood vampire and Common vampire. True Blood are the vampire turn thanks
      to an evil altar, and common vampire are those infected by other vampire.
    • And other bug fixes...
    • CB 740->766
    Version 2.2

• Added : help command : "/v help"
    • Added : set burn time (time during the vamprie will burn) command : "/v burntime [From] [To]"
    • When a vampire say something in the chatbox, his/her nickname is colored in red, this feature is disable by default. Use the "/v chatcolor enable" command to enable the chat color system.
    Version 2.1

• Vampire can walk out the day when it's raining/snowing or even thundering.
    • Vampire can eat pork to get blood.
    • /v command fixed
    Version 2

• Bugs fixes when it's day light, a vampire who flight over the 127th block (y) will now burn.
    • Removed Permissions Plugin Support due to some errors (only OP can use admin command).
    • Removed Help Plugin Support due to some errors (only OP can use admin command).
    Version 1.4.1

• For CB602 -> CB617 and upwards...
    Version 1.4

• Better jump and fly ability for vampires :) Now using red rose instead of feather.
    Version 1.3

• Permissions Plugin Support
    • Help Plugin Support
    Version 1.2

To update: You should rename config.json to config.json.old. Then start server and stop it. Then paste your custom messages and changes (if you made any) into the new default config.json file.
    • There is now altars that can be built to infect and cure vampires.
    • Some bugfixes.
    Version 1.1

• Important bugfix. Players did not get infected correctly.
    Version 1.0

• The first release

2. Offline

ipie5

When I used this plugin the fire from daylight doesn't doesn't do damage, and neither does not having any blood left. Whats wrong?

3. Offline

Blazednlovinit

do you have god mode on...?

4. Offline

DarKMaKa

Wooden weapons do more dammage. But we wanted to have 1 item that does not exist anymore in game (like a golden apple) that does muche more dammage.

5. Offline

jlu

Yep but can you instore it? :/
    (In fact i have a good idea about my priest, i want that only them can build good altar if possible)
    Sry about my shitty english.

6. Offline

GehennaGirl

This cannot be achieved via bukkit.

And making people pay for abilities on a persons plugin that most never donate for ever in the first place but yet use to fill the donation coffers of their own server is fairly common among the minecraft admin community, and still a rather low way to bring in money.

7. Offline

ipie5

no, I dont even have a plugin that has a god mode feature

8. Offline

Scolor

mobs do attack commons on myt sevrer

9. Offline

Demonofbirth

Ahh well you could do that with classic server software.

10. Offline

Blazednlovinit

do you have a plugin that nerfs damage of any kind?
    i know its probably not much help but it all works fine for me, no bugs to really remark on. just waiting patiently on features but all the authors are pretty much slowing down because they are waiting for the 1.6 implimentation i assume. if it works for me then maybe its a plugin conflict, what other plugins do you run? because i run a ton of them and none of them conflict with it

11. Offline

Cowmaster

i built the evil altar..but when i right click on the gold block..nothing happens..am i doing something wrong?

12. Offline

Gunrise

This is just a suggestion but shouldn't Vampires be able to see better in the dark than normal people? Not only would it better help Vampires to stalk in the night but when they are in hiding, they could see without placing torches.

13. Offline

Elfsovereign

Hey I'm wondering if one can shut off the vampire chill effect? It's nice and all, but one of the things we pride on my server is asthetics, and dirt looks kinda ugly...

14. Offline

Blazednlovinit

config necrosis as false

15. Offline

Elfsovereign

Yeah sorry I noticed that after I posted! Also I saw it's in the FAQ so I feel like a noob. However I am having one more problem yet, namely that when someone tries to use an altar, even if they have the appropriate things, they are not turned into a vampire. After looking at the server I saw that it was having an internal server error. Something about "The Listener is already Listening" or something like that. If you need the exact code I could do my best to get it all for you, but if this is enough I'd love to fix it. Interestingly enough, however, /v turn (name) Trueblood/Common and /v cure (name) still work, just not the altars.

Ok So I have the error message now, but since it was run in CMD I couldn't copy and paste it so I'll do my best to type it out:

[SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to Vampire
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Listener already listening
    at net.minecraft.server.Container.a(SourceFile:28)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.syncInventory(EntityPlayer.java:70)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.updateInvetory(CraftPlayer.java:217)
    at com.trainyourbrain.vampire.Recipe.removeFromPlayer(Recipe.java:30)
    at com.trainyourbrain.vampire.VPlayer.useAltarInfect(VPlayer.java:644)
    at com.trainyourbrain.vampire.listeners.VampirePlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(VampirePlayerListener.java:70)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.excecute(JavaPluginLoader.java:299)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:209)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:544)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:396)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:308)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:433)

I hope that is useful to someone because it was a pain to type out lol.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  16. Offline

Blazednlovinit

lol do you not have copy and paste? XD
    are you sure its not putting them on the infected list?

what bukkit version you running?

17. Offline

Elfsovereign

Copy and paste does not work on CMD for me. I'm running 815 (the experimental one, and that's probably why right there.)

18. Offline

Kudos

There should be a server log saved in notepad that you can access for errors like that. It should be in the same folder as your server.

19. Offline

cyb3rkn19ht

Love the mod!

But there is nothing that the vampires can battle. I was wondering if you could add another class, werewolf perhaps? During the day they would be normal but at night they would change and gain their abilities. The werewolfs would take extra damage from gold, because there is on silver. They would be able to go out at day. I am not sure about abilities, perhaps stronger defense and attack then vampires?

20. Offline

jor956

Why are there no permissions? Could you PLEASE re-add these? They are really important.

21. Offline

jkhaskell

ok so my friends and i are having some trouble with this mod - namely, when we run it our server stops spawning mods: no zombies, no creepers, no skeletons, no sheep, no cows, nothing. it was a slow thing, actually; mods were spawning in the first few day cycles but then they slowly started spawning less and less until there was just nothing. if it helps, there are three of us on our server, two of them vampires. (one trueblood, one common)

some other mods we're running:
    bose economy
    citizens (npc mod)
    permissions mod
    a turnstile mod
    iconomy chest shop mod
    retractable bridge and portcullis mod
    bedheal
    secret doors mod
    apple seed mod

obviously its no fun being a vampire if i'm starving to death because there are no cows to drain. help! this is the coolest mod ever and i don't want to have to turn it off :(

22. Offline

cyb3rkn19ht

I think you are experiencing a strange bug from two or more mods interacting. First make sure it is the Vampire Mod. Have you tried running your server with only the Vampire Mod to see if you still get the spawn disappearance bug? Then you can start adding in the other mod until you see the spawn bug appear again.

A solution is to install a mob spawning mod. It is not the best solution but you will be able to spawn cows to feast upon.

Personally pigs are my favorite meal :)

23. Offline

Elfsovereign

I noticed that the plugin keeps track of how long a person has been a vampire, does a vampire's powers increase with age like most vampire stories suggest?

24. Offline

Darkbanisher

First off awesome mod, secondly anyone know a good mod for mobspawner modification so we can get a pig factory?
    Thirdly @TrainYourBrain Doesn't your plugin autosave?
    And if no autosave is added, could you add it?

Because when I first disabled the server to add more plugins and I turned it back on I was not longer a trueblood vampire.

Even worse I had to go through the long process of infection again because I only know how to command myself into a common.

Eigther way autosave feature would be nice like once every 10 minutes. Because I can't be asked to manualy save every time.

25. Offline

jkhaskell

i agree, since they drop delicious raw meat when they die ^-^

26. Offline

Mosh Mage

there i am, walking around in broad daylight and vampire and the only thing that happens is: all grass turns dirt.
    i removed the fire-spread. is that whats causing it?
    (im not taking any damage, and i'm not /god)

27. Offline

Demonofbirth

please read before asking questions. look in the config for both true bloods and commons to disable it.

28. Offline

Kudos

Well, I notice every now and then I'll be able to walk out under the sun without catching on fire, but if I reload my plugins, it'll start working again. It may be just some kind of conflict or lag there too.

29. Offline

Mosh Mage

you know: "When beeing a smartass, your message should fly across the room"... it didn't.
    calling out "config" is like those wannabe smartasses that call out RTFM. if you do know whats up with that, instead of being such a smart man, you could have spared me the time and wrote something actually usefull.

...config THAT.

Wierd. So i'll have to keep reloading it?

Thinking about confict, i have PwnCraft, Factions, Essentials, Bounty, Sneak. i think that's about all i have. Oh! CraftIRC, lockette and authme. By chance we have one plugin in common?

30. Offline

Demonofbirth

I wasn't being a smartass. If he would have looked in the config or in this topic he wouldn't have to ask.

31. Offline

Nazerb

Would it be possible that when they get turned a vampire, there permissions group would change so they could go to vampire only places.