Inactive [MECH/FUN/RPG] EffectiveArrows v2.5.3 - Arrows are now Effective![SPOUT] [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skeletonofchaos, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Offline

skeletonofchaos

EffectiveArrows -the bow is now an effective weapon!
    PluginVersion 2.5.3
    ServerVersion /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-905-g9277096-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    Download EffectiveArrowsv2.5.3

Requirements:
    • Spout

Features:
    • Toggle between arrow types by left clicking or if you are using the SpoutCraft launcher you can use the , and . keys to cycle forward and backwards through arrow types.
    • GUI for users using the SpoutCraft launcher.
    • Seven unique arrow types:
    1. Normal: Just the standard arrow, uses one arrow per shot.​
    2. TNT: Explodes on contact, by default uses one arrow and one tnt per shot.​
    3. Lightning: Strikes area with lightning on contact, by default uses one arrow and one diamond per shot.​
    4. Fire: Lights hit area on fire, by default uses one arrow and one wool per shot. Now emits smoke when flying!
    5. Iron: does four damage instead of two, by default uses one iron ingot and one arrow per shot.​
    6. Diamond A.K.A Razor: does six damage, by default uses one diamond and one arrow per shot. They are razor sharp!​
    7. Smoke: Releases a cloud of smoke upon hitting something, by default uses one gunpowder.​

Permissions (These are super perms):
    The use of permissions can be toggled on/off in the config file if off it will allow players to use allowed arrow types (specified in config) while ops can use all. If permissions are enabled the use of arrows is based on the following nodes, note these are the Bukkit-integrated super perms so you cannot use third party permission plugins like permissions:​
    EffectiveArrow.use.explosive
    EffectiveArrow.use.lightning
    EffectiveArrow.use.flaming
    EffectiveArrow.use.iron
    EffectiveArrow.use.razor
    EffectiveArrow.use.smoke
    Or use EffectiveArrow.use.* to use all arrows!
    I highly recommend using bpermissions for managing super perms.​

Notes:
    1. The arrow effect works both on contact with entity and blocks; however with blocks there is a small delay.
    2. I would be more than happy to implement new features/arrow types if they are well balanced and the requests are well thought out and politely phrased.
    Upcoming features! (open)
    Eventually custom arrow looks for each arrow type A.K.A. You will be able to see the wool on the fire arrow, the tnt on the explosive arrow and so on. Exciting stuff!

Features/Tutorial (open)

Before reporting that you can't switch arrows while using permissions look here:
    Installation (open)

Remember this plugin uses super-perms which are built into Bukkit not third party applications such as Permissions. To use this you must use a permission handler that directly effects Bukkit permissions (I recommend bPermissions). I understand this is a little hard to grasp seeing that they both do the same thing.

Changelog:
    v2.5.3:
    Fixed for Spout update! Sorry guys.​
    v2.5.2:
    Fixed for RB 1060!​

Previous Versions (open)

v2.5.1:
    Explosive arrows can now be effected by world guard and other such plugins that effect explosions.​
    v2.5:
    Gave the ability to toggle whether or not to use the old method of banning individual arrows while ops can use all. The banned arrows and whether or not to use permissions can all be found and changed in the config file. Rewrote some sections of code. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.4:
    You no longer have to give permission for normal arrows. Stopped the plugin from crashing the server if setup incorrectly :). Removed old code. Improved efficiency due to removal of repeated checks of the same condition. Added hidden feature.​
    v2.3:
    Completely implemented the * node. Explosive arrows remove themselves now so no more lag in blown up areas. Fixed a bug where you could switch arrow types in chat. Fixed a bug do to two Runnables conflicting (resulting in an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception). Improved code efficiency. Removed the timer setting in the config file due to the new changes. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.2:
    GUI now only shows when a player is interacting with a bow and arrow (note: this means it enables and disables on left and right clicks, the item held change event cannot handle scrolling well). Customizable GUI location! Removed redundant code.Added EffectiveArrow.use.* permission node. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.1:
    Added smoke arrows! PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.0:
    Added the ability to customize the size of the explosion for the explosive arrow. Added config file to change the item needed to shoot the arrow. Added GUI for users running the SpoutCraft launcher. Added the ability to cycle through the arrows if using the SpoutCraft launcher using the , and . keys. Fire arrows now emit smoke while flying. Made some code more efficient. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!

v1.7:
    You can now customize the blast radius of the ExplosiveArrow and we now have Bukkit integrated permission support. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v1.6:
    Emergency fix for a weird bug. You can now adjust how long it takes arrows to activate after hitting blocks. Ops can still use banned arrows so if you want this to be op only just set all arrows to banned. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v1.5:
    Added config file now you can have only the arrows you want to have! Added two new​
    arrow types iron tipped and diamond tipped which do 4 and 6 damage respectively.​
    v1.4:
    Did a rewrite of code. Each arrow type is now it's own class! What does this mean for you? Config file will be coming shortly and more arrows will be added! Also players now can only switch to arrows they have materials for.​
    v1.3:
    released plugin!​

2. Offline

skeletonofchaos

That would be it! You need to be running the current Spout build. I do not support stuff that has not been finalized yet.

3. Offline

RGadelha

Yes, EffectiveArrows v2.5 is running with the recommended builds :)
    I love to test dev builds, normally they are faster, better optimized but, as we can see, they are not stable:D

4. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Agreed not looking forward to the update since I'm now expecting it to break something :)

5. Offline

RGadelha

Just for you to know, EffectiveArrows v2.5 is now working with the most recent dev builds:
    Spout #99 / Spoutcraft #136 / Spoutcraft Launcher #81 :D

6. Offline

xdaveohx

What does the smoke arrow do, exactly? Other than making a huge puff.

7. Offline

skeletonofchaos

K thanks!

Makes a huge puff of smoke.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

mohan0704

I'm waiting for the permissions 3.x converter...so i cant use this right now...I'm so sad...
    Do you have any ideas?

9. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Convert to bPermissions? Should be able to do most of the same stuff. Or wait till the converter.

10. Offline

xdaveohx

Right, I like it! If it could somehow stun enemies within it or do some type of damage over time (smoke poisoning?), that would be even better.

11. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I think I may make it de-agro them.

12. Offline

Lextao

Does this work WITHOUT spout? Is there any chance of getting it to work?
    Thanks in advance for great plugin :)

EDIT: It worked without spout :p, but why isn't there any compatibility with 3rd party permissions? I beg you please add Permissions 2.x support :(

13. Offline

skeletonofchaos

It requires Spout by some chance you may already have it or you may have BukkitContrib which is just the ld name for Spout. If you do no have Spout at all this plugin will not work. And I do not support 3rd party permissions.

14. Offline

Drat333

When Spout gets custom blocks, entities, etc, will you make the smoke arrows work more like smoke grenades in say, CoD, or IRL?

15. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Yes

Ok well I've hit a dead end as far as coming up with ideas is concerned any suggestions?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

mohan0704

bPerms work? thanks for suggestion.
    Is it possible to make a area shot arrow? I guess not...

17. Offline

xdaveohx

Would it be possible to have an arrow, upon hitting a mob, completely surround that mob with blocks of ice? Essentially "freezing" it?

18. Offline

skeletonofchaos

?
    It would be possible but how would you remove the blocks of ice without water getting everywhere? I would have to write another entire section just to keep the entities there without all of the ice.

19. Offline

scrollsmash

Could do with some help please, cool plugin by the way! Okay I have permissions 3.1.6 specifically for one or two plugins that dont use superperms yet, and I am running permissionsBukkit with superpermsBridge. Now as I understand it I put EffectiveArrow.use.* under the default group as all the others inherit from this or I could not use permissions and everyone would have usage rights to everything marked "allow(arrow type)=true" in the EffectiveArrows cfg file is this correct?
    I have tried to do it both ways with and without permissions, it loads fine and says in the console EffectiveArrows Loaded! Even in game the gui thing is on the screen but it wont change from normal arrows? I changed the materials needed which are as follows:
    allowFlaming=true
    Lightning_Material=331
    Razor_Material=318
    Smoke_Material=263
    allowExplosive=true
    GUI_y=220
    GUI_x=300
    Explosive_Material=289
    allowIron=true
    allowLightning=true
    Explosion_Size=3
    Flaming_Material=348
    allowRazor=true
    usePermissions=true
    allowSmoke=true
    Iron_Material=265
    Then in game I give myself 64 of each material but I cannot change from normal. I am in the admin group which has all perms and I am on the OP list (just incase) AND I have tried it with and without permissions.
    Please someone help.
    Oh I am running #1060 Bukkit
    latest Spout 1.0.2
    SpoutCraft (client)
    Let me know if you need to know the rest of the plugins I am running, theres about 30 or so in total.

Regarding my above post I forgot to mention I have tried putting EffectiveArrow.use.* AND superpermbridge.EffectiveArrow.use.* just in case, as I wasn't sure if it was needed (im pretty sure it isn't)

20. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I have no clue if it works with the superpermbridge. Did you try using a different super perm manager?

21. Offline

scrollsmash

Yes I tried bpermissions like you suggested but it crashes my server and continually spams the console with some sort of error to do with Heroes plugin (I dont think bperms likes Heroes)
    But that aside shouldn't it work with permissions turned off in the config file?

Could you show me how you would set it up if you were running permissionsBukkit and you wanted to give the group "member" full access to all arrows? For all I know I might not have the permissions set correctly, I would appreciate it VERY much :)

22. Offline

Kashius1138

This and the Dark Brotherhood plugin are completely rad. An alternative idea for the freeze arrow that was proposed...

Slow Arrow - The arrow, upon hitting an entity, does 0 damage and instead surrounds it with a 3x3 of Cobweb for a configurable amount of time. If shot at the ground - after a delay the ground is covered, within a 5x5 radius around the arrow's landing block, with 10 randomly placed cobwebs for a configurable amount of time. Could also use Soulsand...

Decoy Arrow - If shot at an entity, other entities will attack it. If shot at the ground, entities in an area walk towards it. Time of distraction and effective radius would be configurable. This would be ridiculous awesome with DB in setting up Bowsassinations (w/Razor Arrows!? Yes Please!).

And is it pretty much a definite that Smoke Arrows will cause mobs to De-Aggro? Perhaps giving it that functionality on mob hit and Decoy Arrow functionality on ground hit?

Anyhow - awesome plug. Love it!

-Kash

23. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Yep
    Will look into the new arrow types sound epic as soon as i figure out how to de-aggro mobs smoke arrows will do that. Will look into slow arrows.

Not sure I use bpermissions will try though

24. Offline

xdaveohx

Oh, that's right. I'm using a plugin that makes ice drop pickable ice instead of water, but that's a whole other thing.

25. Offline

scrollsmash

@skeletonofchaos Okay I figured a work around and my problem is solved! It was/is an issue with Heroes, they dont support Bukkit perms or superperms and I was trying to add this to certain classes within the class tree built into thier config class file lol. Now I just need them to bring out an update to support Bukkit or super perms so I can add Dark Brotherhood to certain classes. Anyway the work around if anyone else needs to know was that in the Heroes classes file you allow the use of bows only to ranger type classes and just give access of this plugin to everyone. Solved. Even though everyone can technically use these skills, only classes that can use the BOW will be able to. Only problem with this is I cant give certain skills from this to independant "ranger" classes ie the base class titled HUNTER has 3 classes branching off which you can only "level up" to by reaching full level for HUNTER and it would be ideal to give HUNTER the IronShot and spread the others out over the other classes.
    Thanks for some great plugins! (tried out DarkBrother Hood briefly and LOVE it!)

26. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Thanks! Glad you like them.

27. Offline

jycs

Me too ! With all latest versions.

28. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Lemme guess your using the development version of Spout? Because that is the only thing that causes that error at the moment.

29. Offline

Kashius1138

Is there a way you could make a setting that prevents explosive arrows from damaging the terrain but retaining all other properties (knockback, damage, radius)? I know of another plugin that allows for giants to throw TNT that doesn't damage terrain and was wondering if that's possible with this one.

-Kash

30. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Probably could or you could use a tnt blocking plugin...

31. Offline

EMOberger