Inactive [MECH/FUN/RPG] DarkBrotherhood v1.5.1 - climb walls, assassinate players, and more![1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skeletonofchaos, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I would like to point out I am no longer supporting this plugin. If a reputable developer would like to take this over I will gladly let them assuming they contact me first.

DarkBrotherhood: climb walls, throw shuriken, assassinate players, and more!
    Plugin Version: 1.5.1
    Server Version: /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-905-g9277096-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    Download: DarkBrotherhood

Thanks to Lyiin for the idea of climbing walls!

Features:
    • Climb up walls!
    • Assassinate other players/mobs!
    • Throw shuriken!
    • Perform leaps of faith!
    • Poison weapons!
    • Pick locks!
    climbing (open)
    To climb right-click any block that is considered climbable(you can change this list in the config) while not holding anything. You must be holding shift to stay on the wall, upon releasing shift you fall to the ground.

assassinating (open)
    To assassinate any mob simply attack them while you sneaking and you are behind them.

shuriken (open)
    To throw a shuriken left click with a piece of flint in hand. Each shuriken does 1 heart of damage; however on a successful assassination it will do up to 4.5 hearts of damage.

Leaps of Faith (open)
    Hold shift upon landing and it will negate fall damage, assuming you have the proper permission nodes

Lock-picking (open)
    Right click any chest with the lock-pick tool (configurable, by default string) if the chest is locked you have a configurable chance of opening it if you fail you take a configurable amount of damage.

Poison (open)
    To poison your weapon simply right click with the poison item in hand (configurable, by default red mushroom) The next entity you hit will be poisoned. The poison then lasts for a configurable amount of seconds each second doing a configurable amount of damage.

Video Tutorial (open)
    A little outdated not much though:

A neat combination (open)
    Combine this plugin with EffectiveArrows! this will yield the ability for varying arrow types allowing your players to perform neat combinations. Such as using smoke arrows to cover their escape! Or maybe do a little flaming arrow ambush.

Permissions (these are Super Perms!):
    These permissions are only used if the usePermissions value in the config is set to true otherwise it is op only.
    • DarkBrotherhood.climb-allows the player to climb.
    • DarkBrotherhood.assassinate-allows the layer to perform assassinations.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.shuriken-allows players to throw shuriken.
    • DarkBrotherhood.roll-allows players to perform leaps of faith.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.poison-allows players to use poison.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.lockpick-allows players to use lock-picks.
    Todo;
    • Add an assassin guild style thing. With rewards for murdering players.
    • Add Spout support and corresponding dash ability (thinking it will activate when some button is pressed). (done not sure if I want to implement it though)
    Changelog:
    v1.5.1:
    Fixed for RB 1060.​
    v1.5:
    Added poison and lock-picking.​

Previous changes (open)

v1.4:
    Added shuriken, and leaps of faith!​
    v1.3:
    Released plugin!​

2. Offline

skeletonofchaos

No permanent poison sorry just that poison does NOT last indefinitely

3. Offline

Limeth

Yeah, I actually agree. It would be too overpowered. BUT it could be in config and you would have to change it so you can use it.

The hunger bar idea is great! I would love to see that! :)

4. Offline

Zoomed

please someone take this awesome plugin !!! :DD and go along

5. Offline

iMint

Ah, okay, you're right. I'll make it where you posion a weapon through crafting and it is poisoned for X hits, where X is the value defined in the config. I'll allow a value of -1 for permanent poison, just to leave that option available to server owners.

I already have :) Check in 40 minutes for the updated version for MC 1.2 :) Sorry for the wait, i cant get on my computer for a while. Also look at the earlier posts for info on some of the features im adding.

6. Offline

ThirdProphecy

iMint, you're a true scholar and ultimate badass.

Can you make it so that leap of faith has a cooldown? Or a percent chance to negate falling damage? :D

7. Offline

iMint

No, I can't add in the features you want, I lack the coding skill and the work ethic to put even a drop of effort into maintaining this plugin.

JUST KIDDING, I can add whatever the hell you want (within reason, of course, I'm not gonna stray from the original plugin. Mostly just expanding skeleton's ideas to be more configurable and epic) cause I'm a badass scholar like dat.

Cooldowns for leap of faith, as well as the chance for negation will be configurable :D Good idea for those. I may also add an item to increase your chance of successful LoF, like gold boots.

8. Offline

ThirdProphecy

=0 what an awesome idea!

9. Offline

iMint

Updated to Bukkit 1.2.3-R0.1, click to download!
    (This update currently has no extra features, only compatibility with the latest DEV version of Bukkit.)

The download link will be posted in the main post when I receive ownership of the post.

10. Offline

Sambrosia

Very nice! Glad a energetic new developer was found right as the plugin was about to be lost in the Bukkit update. I use some of the things here as permission-skills in Heroes, and it works very nicely. Mostly lock picking and climbing.

11. Offline

ThirdProphecy

nice! one more to scratch off the waiting for 1.2 list :p

12. Offline

iMint

Thats a really good idea ^_^ This plugin does fit well with Heroes, like for thief classes.

Guys please use the BukkitDev post for updates from now on.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/darkbrotherhood/

13. Offline

johnshone

Hi Can you add me on skype i have sent a request if you did not get the request my skype name is: johnshone.3

14. Offline

TheMigitman

I am making a plugin of my own. I'm new to plugin making but I know what I want to get done. I have already finished part of it, where you type /stalk and go into running sneak mode. But I really like your plugin and the assassinations and wall climbing. I was wondering if you could send me the code. It would really be quite useful. Thanks!

15. Offline

whyundead3

Right now I use Lockette, but I still don't understand how use the lockpick. It never really tells you how :(
    Maybe an Updated video on the plugin?

Here to show you exactly what I don't understand:
    Right click any chest with the lock-pick tool (configurable, by default string) if the chest is locked you have a configurable chance of opening it if you fail you take a configurable amount of damage.
    "if the chest is locked" If the chest is locked??? How do you lock it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  16. Offline

powerpawn

If I knew java or had an easy way to learn, I would take totally take over. If there are any good online classes lemme know so I can help! Anyway, loved this plugin and hope you find a successor

17. Offline

iMint

Guys please read the BukkitDev for information. :)
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/darkbrotherhood

You have to use a plugin like Lockette or LWC to lock it. Any plugin that locks chests will work with this.
    Sorry for the undetailed explanation, I'll post an updated video soon ^_^

18. Offline

Jovaka

How do I install it? Do I need Spout or something?

19. Offline

willer111

please help it just says:

20. This plugin is out of date... Since 1.2.3, lot of older plugin cannot run ;)

21. Offline

Iceman4391

I like it. I have some suggestions though. Now, I didn't download it YET. But here are some suggestions. Maybe instead of it being a glass block, make it an invisible block, or an air block, that you can use like the glass block. Also, maybe make when you are sneaking, if you are not spotted, monsters will not go after you. It would make it more realistic. Other then that, great plugin.

22. Offline

CptLightning

Hey,

I love the sounds of your plugin. Thinking of adding it to my factions server where there is a group of assassins that could be paid to go and take out enemy faction members, etc.

I however am running Bukkit 1.2.5. Is there any chance of this plugin being updated any time soon?

Cheers

23. Offline

iMint

To all of you who have been asking for an update;

I apologize for my absence in updating this plugin, it will be updated very soon. Family, work, county exams, and grades have really hit me hard so i've had NO time to work on my plugins. Please check the bukkitdev post for updates, they will be coming within the next few days along with many of the features mentioned in the TO-DO list.

24. Can you please help me how to install this plugin?

25. Offline

DEKZTR

Hey me and my players used to love this plugin, but now they complain because i can't seem to get the energy thing away. Im trying to do the configs so i won't have to deal with it in clanforge. But whatever i do, it still shows me the energy thing. I see that you respond quite often so i made this account to ask you in ''person'' what i can do to disable this feature but still keep all the other cool stuff.

26. Offline

iMint

All you have to do to disable it is set all the energy values to 0. In the next update i'll add a config option "Use Energy: true/false" so that it'll be easier to switch it on and off :)

27. Offline

lordmj329

is this for 1.2.5 yet?

28. Offline

krix

errors
    Code:
    14:41:35 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    14:41:35 [INFO] Loading properties
    14:41:35 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    14:41:35 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R1.0
    -b2149jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R1.0)
    14:41:35 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Darkbrotherhood.jar' in folder 'plugin
    s'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bu
    kkit/event/entity/EntityListener
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:148)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:305)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:230)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:183)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:156)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/entity/EntityListene
    r
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:791)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:14
    2)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:41)
    java:29)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
            at me.skeletonofchaos.assassincraft.assassincraft.<init>(assassincraft.j
    ava:29)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
    orAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
    onstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:144)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityListe
    ner
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
    java:41)
    java:29)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
            ... 27 more

29. Offline

Mathias_Wagner

Do you have a server with this plugin? If so, what is the Ip, and can I join? :D

30. Offline

Sauron222

hey do I need spout for this? because I think this plugin would be awesome to my server because I love AssassinĀ“s Creed and this is like AC so I really wanted this plugin =)

and I just wonder how I can assassinate people and how I do leap of faith?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

31. Offline

GAMRxHIPPO

Is this for 1.2.5 yet?

please respond is it for 1.2.5