[MECH/FUN] Guns+ v1.8 - Guns, Guns, Guns Galore![SPOUT][1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by atlan1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Offline

Typical_Name

Did you change the permission nodes again? My users aren't able to use guns, but I as OP can...

Oh, also, I just realized what you meant by "changed gun holding style"...

The old style was MUCH better. All my guns look silly now from the perspective of everyone but the shooter :(. Not only are pistols huge now, they're also pointed at the shooter's feet. Could you please change it back to the way it was before?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Offline

Iceman4391

Just like some of the other people up here, only OPs can fire guns and zoom. Everything else works fine except this, and I really want this plugin. Please fix. My server will be complete with this plugin.

Also, where would I get textures for the guns? Would it be from SDK's Gun Mod? Please tell me that too.

3. Offline

jmazouri

Is there any way to have recipes with custom items in recipes.yml? Ie, use "318:1078" as an ingredient for a recipe?

4. Offline

Typical_Name

I think that would work, have you tried it?

(Additionally, you can use Guns+ itself to create custom items, which you can identify in recipes by name instead of ID if you want)

5. Offline

SirTyler

You can not use '318:1078' (at least we never added support intentionally) But we do support our own custom items and believe we still have support for MoreMatierals Items (though I do not remember off the top of my head how that is handled).

6. Offline

atlan1

I changed it that way because of a suggestion ticket. But I agree that it looks ugly with pistols. However I think I will provide an option in general.yml to switch it on/off.

7. Offline

jmazouri

I have noticed an issue where upon a player killing another player, the notification in chat that appears says the player has killed themself. For example, if I were to kill someone, it would say "jmazouri has killed jmazouri". This applies for all guns, but not regular weaponry.

EDIT:

I believe the issue lies somewhere within either
    https://github.com/atlan1/Guns_plus/blob/master/Guns+/src/team/GunsPlus/FireBinding.java
    or
    https://github.com/atlan1/Guns_plus/blob/master/Guns+/src/team/GunsPlus/GunsPlusPlayer.java , with one of them having an issue with either the SpoutPlayer instance within the firing player's GunsPlusPlayer instance being equal to the target, or the firing player's entire GunsPlusPlayer instance being equal to the target's.

I say this because I run WorldGuard on my server, and in areas with pvp disabled, it gives you a notification saying "PVP Not Allowed" upon attempting to attack another player. However, when I fire upon someone, they receive that message instead of myself, leading me to believe something is going wrong with assigning the entity to be the damager.

8. Offline

atlan1

I already fixed that bug, but I didnt pushed that yet.

jmazouri likes this.
  9. Offline

FLamer

hey this plugin doesnt work. i use spoutplugin and spoutcraft
    but the guns wont apear in my game. it wont even make a folder :'(
    please help me???

10. Offline

Cardinal42

You can fix that by making a 128x128 image for your pistol, but make the pistol itself about 32x32, so it takes up very little space in the picture making it smaller.

11. Offline

Typical_Name

That's actually a pretty good idea, but it wouldn't solve the issue of the gun being aimed as the shooter's feet :p. I really dislike the way guns look the way they're currently held (aside from the size), they look a lot blockier than they did before. I hope the next version either fixes it or makes it optional.

12. Offline

Typical_Name

My players are reporting that monsters will not fight back against them when they use guns, and they do not receive exp or iconomy money when they kill mobs with guns.
    Additionally, they cannot shoot while crouching.

We are on the latest version, 1.2.6.

How do I fix?

13. Offline

atlan1

At first, yes I will make it optional. For fixing it now you would have to rotate the gun on the texture.
    1. Fixed
    2. That has to do with the spoutcraft bindings. If you want to shoot while crouching you would have to set the fire control to shift+right button. Having both, right button and shift+right button, is unfortunatly impossible.

14. Offline

Typical_Name

Are you sure on 2? I could have sworn I had done it all the time before... and my players probably would have noticed before yesterday if it hasn't been working all this time :/.

15. Offline

cfbigmac1

When I run my server and try to get the config folder, I don't get one. I also already have Spout and SpoutCraft installed.

16. Offline

atlan1

Yea, I am pretty sure, because it was the same for me. This is because Spoutcraft has been updated a couple days ago and you can now bind to combinations like shift+somekey etc.
    Spoutcraft = alternative Minecraft Client.

17. Offline

Iceman4391

I'm not sure wether or not you skipped over my thing, but I'm just going to post it again XD

On my brand new RPG server i'm getting set up, I am trying to make the nodes work for custom ranks. Unforntually, it will not work, and only lets ops shoot the guns. I have even tried it in global groups, but that will also not work (I am using essentials). I am also using the latest version of spoutcraft. Please help, this is really the only plugin that I need before my RPG server goes public. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this. And please reply. Thanks.
    =)

18. Offline

Typical_Name

Oh, darn. Is there any way it can be fixed, or is it completely impossible to code something to where it uses both? (If the latter, you should inform the spout devs about this.)

19. Offline

atlan1

If I have more time I will see if I can implement a fix into Spoutcraft on my own.
    I thought we implemented permissions properly, but since many people were complaining about it, I will see what's going wrong.

20. Offline

GoTheRedSox

hmm.. when i start up the plugin on my server i get this error:
    Code:
    2012-06-18 17:29:18 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/GunsPlus.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: MOUSE_RIGHT
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: MOUSE_RIGHT
        at team.GunsPlus.Enum.KeyType.<init>(KeyType.java:15)
        at team.GunsPlus.GunsPlus.<clinit>(GunsPlus.java:59)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:140)
        ... 8 more
    im using the latest version of spout and this plugin it was working up to the past few updates. is there anything i can do to fix this? or is it a problem with the plugin. it appears to be working with others fine.

21. Offline

Iceman4391

Okay, thank you so much. I hope this gets resolved. And if you find out whats wrong, please let me know for future references. Thanks.
    :D

22. Offline

atlan1

This only occures if you are using SpoutPlugin versions lower than #1197.

23. Offline

GoTheRedSox

ok ill check on that thanks

24. Offline

penguinbait

Iw as wondering if there was a place to post loadout requests

25. Offline

Thanatos_Ghost

So i'm making a survival server and to be extremely more difficult i was wandering is there a way to add durability to guns so each gets a number of shots before it breaks?

26. Offline

penguinbait

27. Offline

atlan1

It is impossible if you have the imagination of a durability bar like on tools. What we could do is giving a gun a invisible durability and remove it after a certain amount of shoots.
    Perhaps post it under suggestions. Also I looked into that error.

28. Offline

Thanatos_Ghost

Exactly how would you do that would you have to add something new to general or would it be like copying the code for durability from the weapons editing it to where say a pistol can only shoot 10 clips before it breaks. Also.... HI PENG! *TrollFace.JPeg* and Atlan is it possible to make a grenade launcher that the grenades have a chance of exploding or making ones that make fog when exploded so you can't be seen. And my last question is who did you get for the textures because i can code but, have the artistic makings of an earthworm.

Okay that was a lie here is my last question for this reply: Is there a way to make guns have a chance of shooting like after shootable: True, would it work putting a percentage of it actually shooting or jamming up in which then you have to un-jam it and that takes like 2x Times longer then reloading.

29. Offline

GoTheRedSox

plugin is working great now! but there is one problem. only ops can shoot. is there a way to fix this? im not getting any errors or anything.

30. Offline

Thanatos_Ghost

Maybe check Perms.