[MECH/FUN] Guns+ v1.8 - Guns, Guns, Guns Galore![SPOUT][1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by atlan1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Offline

Shakalaka

just to be sure:
    am i the only one who needs OP rights to make this mod work properly or is that normal?

2. Offline

SirTyler

Recipes are not part of the plugin but they are part of any packs you download of the configuration files you use.

If you are using a plugin like NoCheat or NoCheatPlus then you do because they interfere with our plugin.

Shakalaka likes this.
  3. Offline

Typical_Name

The enderpearl-launching gun still doesn't work.

Also, can Guns+ be combined with something like MoreMaterials in order to get an item that functions both as a gun and a melee weapon? I think a bayonet on my guns would be cool :p.

4. Offline

Lobeik

so how do we get the guns?

5. Offline

Adkos

Lobeik : three ways for it :
    - be OP, and type "/gamemode 1", that will set yourself in creative mode, from where you can have all the items, including the weapon.
    - go into the config file, and check the recipe by yourself ;)
    - look at the console while lauching your server, the ID of the gun will pop up. Just type "/give 318:1024 1" to have one (1024 is an exemple, the number may vary on each server)

6. Offline

penguinbait

7. Offline

SirTyler

Please don't make useless posts

8. Offline

2eno

on my server you can only use guns if you are OP how I can change this (I work with groupmanager) (sorry about my bad english)

9. Offline

penguinbait

10. Offline

Julius3307

i cant view guns it comes as flint please help

11. Offline

Therockkanaz

Does this work with Mac OSX, and if so could you tell me how to add this to my server? It looks like an amazing plugin!

12. Offline

Iceman4391

Looks very interesting. I will try this out as soon as I can. if this works, looks like I found a new plugin for my RPG server.

13. Offline

Therockkanaz

Could you add a picture of the crafting recipe?

The same thing happens to me tell me if you find a solution please

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  14. Offline

SirTyler

If you can not view guns then it may be a bug with your spoutcraft launcher (make sure your using it in the first place). The plugin will work on any system as long as you properly set it up. Follow our guide on installation from the bukkit dev page.

15. Offline

GoTheRedSox

ooo ok lol ill try that tell me if u get a fix on my other error when u do thanks!

16. Offline

stinkomiko

hi there, i am a bit of a noob but i cant seem to spawn any guns in creative mode or from chat and console, i give my self 318 cause it says it in console but i get flint, i put in spout and spoutcraft in my plugins with guns+ (of course) when i first play it shows a message of who made the mod and im just wondering what i may have done wrong. if anyone could reply with instructions on how to install (cause i cant finad any) that would be nice

17. Offline

Typical_Name

You still haven't answered these two posts :(.

18. Offline

SirTyler

As I have said once and will say it again, READ THE PAGES ON THE BUKKIT DEV PAGE. We have information on Installation, Configuration, Frequently Asked Questions, and Permissions. If you do not understand the information from those pages then ask, other wise refer to those pages first.

19. Offline

Typical_Name

I did read those pages. I read those pages the day I installed the plugin >_<. They did not help. Why would I have asked about them if my questions had already been answered on the dev pages?

EDIT: Just to give an impression of how vague the instructions are, I'll quote them here:

20. Offline

SirTyler

Typical_Name It seems a easy to understand way to me but I will try to explain.
    Code:
    accuracy.random-factor: The value representing a random accuracy modifer to the gun, simply the randomness of your aim. Ex: 3
    This means every shot you take has a randomized 3% additional chance to miss

accuracy.missing-chance: The value as percentage representing the accuracy of bullets; before the pointer value is zoomed out and after the pointer value is zoomed in. Ex: 60->0
    This means 60% chance to miss when zoomed out and 0% chance to miss when zoomed in.

accuracy.spread-angle: The value as degress representing the spread of bullets; before the pointer value is zoomed out and after the pointer value is zoomed in. Ex: 30->10   
    This means 30% spread while zoomed out and 10% spread while zoomed in.

21. Offline

Typical_Name

I don't think you're understanding my question.

What I'm trying to ask is, does "miss" mean the bullet hits something besides its intended target, or does it simply not hit anything? And does "spread" mean that the bullet will spread out like a shotgun effect, or is it an angle at which the bullet can potentially deviate, like an old fashioned musket that won't quite hit where you aim it at?

I've tested the spread effect and it appears to be a shotgun effect. I'll try and test the other ones as soon as I can.

22. Offline

SirTyler

Miss is it hits nothing, spread is like you said: shotgun effect.

23. Offline

Typical_Name

Ah, ok then. So there's no way I can do the inaccurate musket effect I'm looking for? :/

Also, explosions are working now. Thanks :D.
    (Enderpearl projectile still isn't working, though :/. Not sure what's going on there, I know it used to work.)

24. Offline

SirTyler

My testing it shows it still works, remember that all projectiles must be in upper case and contain no spaces

25. Offline

TheFluffey

Oh my God... He has said it many times.

Just use missing change, and use like 50.

26. Offline

Typical_Name

No need to be rude about it, Fluffey. I've read every page in the thread (granted, it's been a while for some of the older pages), and this was the ONLY time I've heard him actually address the question.

Hmm... that's strange... I've got it in upper case and no spaces, I wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Here's what the weapon in question looks like:
    http://pastebin.com/nqHU8MME

Any glaring errors? :/

27. Offline

SirTyler

Don't see any with a quick glance.

28. Offline

Typical_Name

Oh, yes, and I notice that the explosive effect gets past my worldguard. Tnt and creepers can be blocked, but my grenade launcher gets through. Is there a way I can prevent this?

29. Offline

SirTyler

does your world guard have the tnt flag set?

30. Offline

Typical_Name

I think so. It blocks tnt and creepers correctly (I double-checked to make sure), but my grenade launcher can get through. I don't want players being able to blow holes in the spawn city, or any other city that's immune to tnt, so if I can't fix this, I'll have to discontinue the grenade launcher (fortunately, I haven't given it out or made it craftable yet).

EDIT: I've found that setting the size of the explosion to 0 will take away the block damage but still have the nice explosion graphics. I can up the damage to make up for the lack of explosion damage.

Also, sorry if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a feature that allows guns to have bayonets in the future (that is, allowing guns to be used as melee weapons as well as guns)?