Inactive [MECH] FalseBook 0.96alpha - CraftBook for Bukkit,85++ICs, Gates, Minecarts / MC1.4.6

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by GeMoschen, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

GeMoschen

FalseBook - Your CraftBook for Bukkit
    [​IMG]

Current version: v0.96alpha
    Minecraft: 1.4.6

Features:
    Show Spoiler

• supported Permissionplugins
      • bPermissions
      • bukkitPermissions
      • Essentials GroupManager
      • Permissions
      • PermissionsEx
      • SuperPerms
      • Vault (still in development)
    • uses the syntax of CraftBook for better compatibility
    • implements over 85 Integrated Circuits (ICs)
    • implements [Lift Up] & [Lift Down]
    • toggleable ...
      • ... bridges
        • undestroyable
      • ... doors
        • undestroyable
      • ... gates
        • undestroyable
      • ... areas
    • a lot of fancy features for minecarts
      • collect and deposit items from chests to minecarts
      • make furnaces which refill themselfs with minecarts
      • program carts to take only specific items out of chests
      • craft things out of a chest with a minecart
      • lift up & down for minecarts!
    • chatsystem with different chat-channels to clean up the normal chat
    • toggleable...
      • netherrack (with fire)
      • pumpkins
      • glowstone <-> another block (even if minecraft itself has the glowstonelamp now...)

Minecart Blocktypes:
    Show Spoiler

• BenchOut : Iron-Ore
    • Booster 2x : Gold-Ore
    • Booster 8x : Gold-Block
    • Brake-Block 25% :Gravel
    • Brake-Block 50% : Soulsand
    • Burn : Iron-Ore
    • ConstantSpeed-Block : Iron-Block
    • Craft : Iron-Ore
    • Deposit / Collect : Iron-Ore
    • Eject-Block : Coal-Ore
    • Emitter-Block : Lapis Lazuli Ore
    • Reverse-Block : White wool
    • Station-Block : Obsidian
    • Sort-Block : Netherrack
    • Teleport-Block : Lime wool
    • Program-Cart : Lapis Lazuli
    • Programmed Deposit-Block : Blue wool

Other Features:
    Show Spoiler

• Bridge (FalseBookBlock.jar)
    • Doors (FalseBookBlock.jar)
    • Gates (FalseBookBlock.jar)
    • Toggle Netherrack Fire (FalseBookExtra.jar)
    • Toggle Pumpkins (FalseBookExtra.jar)
    • Toggle Soulsand to Glowstone and back (my addition) (FalseBookExtra.jar)
    • ToggleAble Areas (Experimental):

Define the area with the "Wooden Hoe" (use rightclick)
    • /farea <areaname> -> Adds an Area
    • /delfarea <areaname> -> removes an Area
    • /listfarea -> Lists all Areas
    • /fareatoggle <areaname> autosave -> toggles the autosave function of an area. Autosave = save blocks, when toggling the area off.
    • /fareatoggle <areaname> protect -> toggles the protection of an area. ON = Area is only destroyable/buildable to users with permission: falsebook.destroy.blocks
    • /fareaallow <areaname> id[:subid] -> will add/remove the blocktype from the toggleable blocks of this area. Default: all blocks will be toggled.
    • (FalseBookBlock.jar)

Important Note:
    You must copy ALL jar-Files over the old ones (all files have been changed) !
    The "Package_..."-Files must go into "plugins/FalseBook/ICPlugins/"

Download:
    Download FalseBook 0.96alpha for Minecraft 1.4.6

Wiki
    FalseBook Wiki - Work in progress

YouTube-Channel with Videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFalsebook

Donations are welcome if you wish to support me

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

cevio, Artem-s86, Dereku and 67 others like this.
  2. Offline

cevio

The Plugin-Owner create the craftbook alternative for 'us' while craftbook was inactive (1-2 years ago? I don't know)
    Now the plugin is GeMo's community-server exclusive and adepted to his server i think. That is the reason why it was not stable on some servers and the irregular updates.

3. Offline

firecombat4

This plugin still works in 1.5.1 accept for IC's, but yea lack of support and everything else so craftbook looks more worth it at the moment.

4. Offline

Me4502

The way FalseBook currently does IC's, means it'll break every single mc update. Therefore it'll need an update for IC's to work. CraftBook will work across any versions.

5. Offline

Elfsovereign

For various reasons I much prefer this plugin to Craftbook. Is there any revival attempt anyone knows of for this plugin?

6. Offline

Me4502

For many reasons, it would be best to state the reasons why you prefer this, so we can improve craftbook to better accommodate FalseBook users. That way you can use a more stable and up to date plugin.

7. Offline

xXRoboJackXx

You could make craftbook more compatible with heroes, I mean the permissions don't work in the heroes skill-permissions file for craftbook and I would really appreciate it if you could do this. (Unless it's a problem with heroes).

8. Offline

Me4502

That's a slight issue with WorldEdit and a slight issue with Heroes, I'll ask them to submit a PR to WorldEdit adding a permissions resolver to WEPIF.

Edit:

After talking to the Heroes people, they say they do support it and that it works.

9. Offline

xXRoboJackXx

Well I can't seem to get the gate node (from craftbook) work with a secondary class in the permission-skills. Unless I'm getting the node wrong.

10. Offline

Me4502

The node in the wiki is accurate. The best you can do is report the issue to Heroes and tell them to PR a permissions resolver to WEPIF. They didnt listen to me but maybe they'll listen to a user with the issue.

11. Offline

iiHeroo

12. Offline

Me4502

The falsebook website is very old, and not current. The github page is people who've modified the plugin to suit their own needs. They also use CraftBook too and have done the same to it. It seems they use FalseBook for some stuff and CraftBook for the rest.

Honestly I'd recommend CraftBook, and if you want something changed, request it.

13. Offline

woodzy

well befor the maker of this has RL to deal with, this plugin was superior to craftbook by many meens. there still parts of craftbook that dont work as well as this one did :p

14. Offline

Me4502

Oh really? Can you provide examples of stuff that is better in FalseBook than in CraftBook? FalseBook was coded in a way that was incredibly buggy. And that message was to the mods, not to the author.

15. Offline

woodzy

well for starters, he had IC's working very well before craftbook even had any installed. his minecart system worked a lot better (for me anyhow), also his ToggleAble Areas, worked before craftbook's did, and also he had 85 IC's back when craftbook only had like what 20 IC's or so. netherrack, glowstone, some of his own add-on for the minecart systems. i worked with him on bug testing. Much was worked out but his RL took over. if he were to come back and do a major update on this i would swap back in a heartbeat

16. Offline

Me4502

When you say 'had', you are talking past tense. CraftBook had been abandoned for an entire year during that time. Since then, it has been drastically improved.