Inactive [MECH] EfficiencyExpert v2.0 - Makes Minecraft More Efficient [1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mathmaniac43, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Offline

mathmaniac43

EfficiencyExpert - Your Expert on Efficiency!
    v2.0

Download EfficiencyExpert.jar -
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert%202.0/EfficiencyExpert.jar

Download Source:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert 2.0/EEPlayer.java
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert 2.0/EfficiencyExpert.java
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert 2.0/EfficiencyExpertPlayerListener.java
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert 2.0/plugin.yml
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385447/EfficiencyExpert 2.0/README.txt

Video Demonstration of EfficiencyExpert 1.0, Courtesy of Tahkeh:

Explanation:

Through my Minecrafting career, I have built, explored, destroyed, and been lost countless times. But all of those things have one thing in common: they take time. Hours can be spent wandering around, or collecting supplies, or building structures. Introducing a plugin designed to try and make everything just a little bit faster: EfficiencyExpert (EE).

The basis of this plugin struck me as a simple inspiration: it takes a lot of time to shuffle things around in your inventory. So, at first, I made it a plugin that automatically chooses the tools you use, based on the blocks in front of you, with some options attached to it. This is the basis for the plugin, but you can bet that there'll be updates in the future. My goal is to make certain simple tasks vanish for the players.

Straight from the README:

##############################
    EfficiencyExpert - Version 2.0
    ##############################

------------------------------
    Introduction

It's here! It's here! At long last, I've made the final updates and changes for EE 2.0. There will almost certainly be glitches, unsupported blocks/materials, and

other necessary fixes to things I missed, so please just let me know if you find an issue, and bear with me as I work to fix it.

Changelog

[v1.0]
    - Automatic tool selection, with commands
    - Individualized EE data files, per player
    - Permissions support

[v1.0.01]
    - Code made prettier (with help from @cholo7179)
    - Code made more efficient (with guidance from @The_Guest)
    - Command formatting changed (@cholo7179)
    - General multi-platform support and stability slightly improved (minor code additions from @cholo7179)

[v2.0]
    - In-Game Content:
    o Auto-sword option (draw sword when living entities are nearby)
    o Auto-bucket option (draw bucket when looking at liquids)
    o Auto-minecart option (draw minecart when looking at minecart tracks)
    o Auto-flint-and-steel option (draw flint-and-steel when looking at Netherrack)
    o Auto-special-tools option (draw buckets when looking at cows, flint-and-steel when looking at pigs, and shears when looking at sheep)
    o Auto-wear-armor option (self-explanatory; wears strongest (and most-used) armor first)
    o Hot-bar slot option (when used, EE will switch any items in the slot while looking for the appropriate tool; all other slots will be completely ignored)
    o Auto-create-arrows option (if you're holding a workbench, feather(s), stick(s), and flint, EE will automatically convert them to arrows up to a maximum limit defaulted at 64 arrows. The conversion from raw materials to arrows is exactly the same as if you were to craft them manually.
    o Auto-stack-inventory option (automatically condenses inventory items to as few slots as possible)
    - Under the Hood:
    o Logical operations (generally) re-organized for more efficient short-circuit evaluation
    o Totally new, expanded, and improved save-file formatting - BE SURE TO GET RID OF YOUR OLD FILES, AND UPDATE WITH THE NEW FORMAT
    o Default save-file system as EEDefaultProperties.dat (automatically generated by EE when server is run; once created, file can be modified as a custom default for all new players on the server)
    o A lot of miscellaneous failsafes for file loading and saving
    o Tons of new commands for setting customization
    o Generally optimized code

Commands

There are a LOT of commands - but don't feel overwhelmed. Most of them are very straightforward to understand and remember, and are formatted in a manner based on what

you see when you type the command "/ee status".

[boolean] denotes a need for a true/false value
    [integer] denotes a need for a whole number value
    [tool] denotes a need for a tool name (axe, pickaxe, spade, hoe, or sword)

Commands with an asteric (*) after them are only useable by OP's; all others can be used by anyone with EfficiencyExpert permission ("efficiencyexpert.*").

/ee on

/ee off

/ee status

/ee save

/ee saveAll *

/ee toDefault

/ee toDefaultAll *

/ee resetDefault *

/ee setAsDefault *

/ee active [boolean]

/ee chooseTools [boolean]

/ee efficient [boolean]

/ee useAxes [boolean]

/ee usePickaxes [boolean]

/ee useSpades [boolean]

/ee useHoes [boolean]

/ee useSwords [boolean]

/ee useWoodTools [boolean]

/ee useStoneTools [boolean]

/ee useIronTools [boolean]

/ee useDiamondTools [boolean]

/ee useGoldTools [boolean]

/ee useShears [boolean]

/ee useBuckets [boolean]

/ee useMinecarts [boolean]

/ee useFlintAndSteel [boolean]

/ee useSpecialTools [boolean]

/ee autoStackInventory [boolean]

/ee autoWearArmor [boolean]

/ee autoCreateArrows [boolean]

/ee autoCreateArrowsMax [integer]

/ee useHotBarSlot [boolean]

/ee hotBarSlot [integer]

/ee useWoodTools [tool] [boolean]

/ee useStoneTools [tool] [boolean]

/ee useIronTools [tool] [boolean]

/ee useDiamondTools [tool] [boolean]

/ee useGoldTools [tool] [boolean]

Upcoming Features

- Option to draw a torch when in a certain light level
    - Default items (if you have this item, automatically set it in a specified inventory slot, such as torches to hotbar slot 9)

Conclusion

So that's it! I've done a lot, and have some more to do, but it's mostly on you, the community, to give your feedback and ideas for EE to move forward further.

Thanks for the support!

Your Friend in Minecraft,
    mathmaniac43

Special Thanks:
    • Thanks most of all to my friend @Tahkeh, who intermittently helped me learn how to code plugins, do small bits of coding, and debug this entire plugin, all within 4 days (check out his plugin, LoginMessage)
    • Thanks also to my other friend @pop2012, who helped me debug for about 10 minutes once
    • Thanks to @cholo7179 for cleaning up a little bit of code for me. It's now slightly prettier (I plan on further improving it on the next update), and is potentially more friendly to other OS's (I am a Windows guy myself)

2. Offline

gcq

When will this be ready for testing?

3. Offline

diannetea

:( I want this back

4. Offline

Pythros

obnoxint

Your sig on DBO says "
    I'll be unavailable from Aug. 7th, 2012 to Aug. 16, 2012." However, it says you are online now? Is this going to be updated? If not, please mark it as Inactive :)