[MECH/DEV] MachinaCraft v4.1.11 - A framework for lever-activated devices [1.4.7-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Lyneira, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Lyneira

[​IMG]

What is MachinaCraft?

MachinaCraft is a framework for machines made up out of blocks, activated by right-clicking on a lever. It is modular and includes several plugins that can make repetitive tasks easier, such as digging or building in a line, even placing and clearing bodies of water. Because it is modular, other plugins can also use MachinaCraft to make their own activatable machines.

How do I build a Machina?

Similar to crafting something on a crafting table, but in the game world. Place blocks in the world in a predefined way and put a lever on the right block. Rightclick the lever, and if you built it correctly, the Machina will activate.

A demonstration please!

Plugin Showcase by WoopaGaming

Pictures! And where do I get a Machina plugin?

These are the Machina plugins available right now, included in the download:
    Collaboration
    I am looking for help in improving the framework! If you think you can help make it easier to use, more powerful, more efficient, I would like to hear from you via email or PM!

2. Offline

Lyneira

Ok just to be clear here: It's normal that sometimes during a harvest, the number of potatoes / carrots does not increase. Fully grown potatoes and carrots drop 1-4 new ones, so if you're unlucky you only get one which immediately gets used in replanting. That said, I appreciate your persistence, as I found a couple very sneaky/nasty bugs in the inventory handling code that occurred once a full stack of carrots/potatoes had been accumulated.

I also found the cause of the server crash while harvesting wheat, which is now fixed. While at it, the planter will now harvest the normal number of 0-3 wheat seeds. (Seed harvesting can still be disabled though)

So without further do and an apology for the bugs, here's MachinaCraft v4.1.9 :)

3. Offline

Helmi74

Lyneira, thanks for your great work and your quick response.

To be clear once again: I know that the number of carrots you get is different all the time but when harvesting a 7 by 16 field you should get at least a few carrots - at least in one of 5 tries :)

I installed your update and it seems like the carrot/potatoe problem isn't gone but as you named the problem with stacking i found out a bit more about it. If you empty the chest after planting evertything and start to harvest as soon as everything is grown it first works perfectly and you can monitor the number of carrots grow while the machine harvests and replants the carrots. That works until the first stack of carrots in the chest reaches 63 (yes 63, not 64) and starts putting some in a new stack. At about 3 or 4 in the new stack the number decreases again and nothing moves on anymore. 63 + 1 stay there forever except you empty the chest and then it works again. so there still seems to be a problem but... strangely only with carrots and potatoes, not with wheat (didn't try anything else yet).

4. Offline

Lyneira

That's the bug in the previous release at work... The latest release isn't approved yet but you can download it here. And I just re-tested with a whole field of carrots, the latest release is working as it should, even when the stack size reaches 63. Ended up with nearly 3 stacks of carrots in the chest on that field.

Edit: Be sure you install all the new plugins in the release, the inventory bug was located in MachinaCore, not the planter.

The reason the first stack is always 63 is because it uses the first plantable item it finds for replanting. That's normal. :)

5. Offline

Helmi74

Hi Lyneira,

as i wrote... "I installed your update" and what i was talking about was the file you linked above. The funny thing is - what didn't work yesterday works today. I've just retested once more to be clear everything happens like i described above and what happens? Everything works :S I was already preparing a screencast recording to show the problem in more detail and... now it works.

I have to appologize and say thanks again for your hard work - sorry. :rolleyes:

6. Can MachinaFactory also make fireworks?

7. Offline

Lyneira

I think it should be able to, yes. :)

Edit: Just tested and it looks like fireworks crafting works a little differently from normal crafting - The fabricator doesn't create firework stars for me.

8. Offline

marcminemarc

hello i have a big problem i have a minecraft bukkit server hosted in london and my machinadrill dont work only admins can activate them i givet vip permission to use them but the dont work!!