Inactive [MECH] ControllerBlock -Remade- v1.50 Toggle Blocks on/off with Redstone [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zero9195, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Zero9195

ControllerBlock
    Toggle blocks on and off with redstone​
    Original Created by @Hell_Fire

Moved to BukkitDev

Download: v1.50(Jar) Latest Version: here.
    Old Versions: v1.41(Jar) ,v1.40(Jar),v1.30(Jar),v1.21(Jar),v1.20(Jar),v1.18(Jar)
    I didn't have any Problems while testing with CB1185. Please backup your Files! Just to be sure.

Before updating to this, a BackUp of your Files is recommended. I can't promise everything works fine.
    Iron blocks can be turned into controller blocks. Drop the block down, drop a redstone wire or torch on top, switch to the type of block you want to toggle and smack the iron block with it. (Can remove redstone on top after it's been set as a ControllerBlock).

Place those blocks down where you want them to be, you can work from multiple piles of it, where it is in the inventory doesn't matter, as long as you place the block of that type.

Once you're done placing blocks, wack the iron block again and it'll save the block locations and ready to go. Power the block they'll disappear, remove the power and they'll appear again. Invert the control with a redstone torch on top of the block. To remove the binding, just remove the block.

I will test this on my local Server and run it on my own Server. Link is in the Signature.
    A smallish howto of how to make blocks, and change between types. by Hell_Fire.

And a Tutorial of how to build a auto-repairing Spleef Arena @Omen (He used Snow_Blocks as unprotected ControllerBlockType. Standard is Diamondblock).

Another one from @Omen which shows us how to use the CBlock-moving feature (v1.41)!

Features:
    • Redstone toggleable blocks
    Original Download by Hell_Fire (v1.18):
    Download ControllerBlock (recommend using the recommended build of craftbukkit here, previous version available below in the changelog, tested up to 733).
    NOTE: IN 1.07 CREATING CONTROLLERBLOCKS CHANGED, YOU NEED TO PUT A REDSTONE TORCH OR WIRE ON TOP OF THE BLOCK BEFORE YOU LEFT CLICK ON THE BLOCK TO CREATE. (Yes, enough people have missed this change to warrant the large bold text :p)

Source available on GitHub!

Some builds done with ControllerBlock:
    Treasure Quest 3 (dungeon game inside MineCraft) (by neoguy21)
    Xtreme HowTo controller blocks (by mrgreaper)
    :getout: frog animation (by Gorbachev, sup goons :V)
    gravity mob trap (by Arolathe)
    hidden staircase/entrance (by narrowtux)

And a couple by Hell_Fire:
    Real simple on/off example/howto
    Item elevator
    Portcullis/castle gate build/howto (long >.<)

Known Issues:
    - Duplication Bug with Sand/Torches/Gravel (Right now not solvable due to Bukkit failing in BlockPhysics)
    - Occasionally block hits/places/destroys don't register.
    - Liquids being directly controlled don't work properly. (Anyone still has this problem?)
    ChangeLog
    • v1.50
      • Added support for CrativeMode!
        • If you want to destroy a CBlock in CreativeMode, simply destroy it with anything that is not a block.
        • For creating them simply do as you always do.
      • Added "/cblock reload" for reloading the config. Works for OPs and from the console only.
      • Minor Bugfixes
    • v1.41
      • Fixed a Duplication Bug with the new moving feature.
    • v1.40
      • added the function to move CBlocks
        • Left-Click the CBlock you want to move with a Stick.
        • Right-Click the new CBlock where you want to move it to with a Stick.
    • v1.30
      • added UnprotectedBlocks
        • New part in the config (you maybe need to delete the old config)
        • Add Blocks there so they can be used with Semi Protected and Unprotected Controllerblocks.
        • Also, these Blocks can be pushed by Pistons in every ControllerBlock
    • v1.21
      • PistonProtection is now a config option.
    • v1.20
      • Pistons can't move CBlocks nor controlled blocks any more.
    • v1.18
      • Unmodified Version by Hell_Fire

First Update is out.
    Controllerblocks won't be pulled or pushed by Pistons anymore.
    If you have any ideas for features or know some other Bugs please report them to me!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    sinkir, Khorn and EarlyLegend like this.
  2. Offline

Zero9195

Oh I've simply not noticed that one. There should be some way to check if the player is in Creative mode, and I will prevent the CB from being destroyyed then :) Thanks for telling me :D
    For the ones who want a short update about the duplication bug:
    It seems there is a little change in the BlockPhysics, and now if I cancel the Physics event, which previously worked, doesn't work anymore! So I either need a workaround from someone, or Bukkit has to offer another way or a fix. Else I can't do this. This goes for torches/gravel/sand.
    Thanks for using and commenting on ControllerBlock! I will try to put most of the requested features in the plugin. But cause of scholl I don't have that much time :( Please understand this circumstances!

Also, I'm looking for a Co-Developer on a new Server with a very Special RPG plugin. If you're at least a little experienced with Java and want to know more about it, add me on Skype "zero9195" or PM me here :)

3. Offline

flarnot

Tryed hitting a diamond block with snow etc. but nothing happened

4. Offline

Zero9195

Did you add the Snowblok as a unprotectedblock in your config? Is there a UnprotectedControllerBlockType in your config? If there is not you should delete th old file and let the plugin generate a new one :)

5. Offline

Grimmy777

any chance of a in game config reload command?

6. Offline

Zero9195

Should be possible. I want to wok a bit on CBlocks this weekend, so maybe It'll be implemented soon.

7. Offline

Zero9195

New Version is out!
    Read the changelog for more information!
    I will now try to implement some more features, such as the reload command, and will start moving to BukkitDev :D
    @Omen @sorklin @Grimmy777

Ok I Implemented the reloadfunction :D I will now start moving to BukkitDev^^

And we moved over to BukkitDev! Link is on the Top!
    @Omen
    Can you create thread in the forums and post your tutorials there? This would be awesome. It would be cool if you could do some more basic tutorials. Just if you have the time for it :D
    @Everyone
    Please create a ticket with experienced bugs and don't tell me here or in the forums, thx!

Thanks for your support guys!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  8. Offline

Grimmy777

You Rock Man! Thanks again for continuing one of my favorite plugins!

9. Offline

QQCucumber

@Zero9195 When a controller block goes from powered to unpowered, the block reappearing does not stop the flow of water that was passing through it. This was not a problem prior to v1.50.

10. Offline

Zero9195

@QQCucumber
    Please create a ticket on BukkitDev, if you don't have already. I will take a look into this^^

11. Offline

QQCucumber

I already did, thanks.

12. Offline

Omen

everything is working great on #1317 minus the duplication bug from my previous posts.

13. Offline

Silvo

confirmed.. newer dev builds work as well, for those who use essentials protect and want avoid error messages.

14. Offline

gallexme

i get an dirt screen always if i hit the redstone

15. Offline

Zero9195

Ihope you guys noticed that I moved to BukkitDev and there is v1.52 out? Also, please write in the new forums at BD. Thanks for the feedback :D

16. Offline

Silvo

oh, thanks for the info

17. Offline

Imm0rt41

can this save signs and the text on them? i want to use this for a wall that lists all the plugins in the server and how to use them, and this would rock for that because then people could simply activate a controller block, and then they would be able to cycle through the "walls" for each plugin so i dont have to place all the plugins on a single wall. oh, and it also has permissions right? or is at least defaulted to ops only.

18. how about selecting a group of blocks for a controllerblock so you can just select a structure with multible kind of blocks that are controlled, and that that only works when you take a stick and hit a iron block with redstone(torch) on it. please reply your opinion about it ;3

19. Offline

hockeytom

This plugin combined with the item detector plugin is the most awesome thing that ever happened to my server

20. Offline

rogvid700

Are you planning on updating this plugin to 1.2.3 beta build? I really enjoy this, and would love for it to work on my server. :D

21. Offline

sam501

I suggest an update?
    1.2.3 is out...

22. pwease update ^_^

23. Offline

=Black-Bull=

U make a update for 1.2.4 ?

24. Offline

dieprogamer

I think there is no Update.... :(

25. Offline

WhizZz

• adfly links are not allowed
    I think this project is dead :(

I will continue this but I won't do it without the permissions from Hell_Fire.
    Anyway I updated this plugin to 1.2.5 (version 1.18)
    You can only use this plugin in survival mode (need to find a nice way to use this in creative).

Download: [link removed by mod]

Athror and Silvo like this.
  26. Offline

tsuna25

Can you reupload the link?Not adfly

27. Offline

BenLem

Please reupload the link !!!

28. Offline

Athror

Please upload a new link. I need this plugin, it was one of the best.:'(

Maybe using a wand such as in WorldEdit. ;)

29. Offline

brandtlund85

hey can you make this plugin to the new Minecraft 1.2.5-R4

30. Offline

coujean99

31. Offline

Biohazard518

this plugin doent even work it its says that it is unable to load plugin on server start up :mad: