Inactive [MECH] BurningMobs v0.6 - Spiders and Creepers can now burn in sunlight. [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by McSpazzy, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Offline

McSpazzy

BurningMobs - Spiders and Creepers can now burn in sunlight.
    Version: v0.6

Just put in plugins directory and BAM. Built and tested with Craftbukkit 1060. May work with some earlier versions.

Features:
    • Allows admins to choose if they want spiders, creepers, skeletons and zombies to burn when the sun comes up.
    • Monitors in a separate thread so there is virtually no impact on performance.
    • In game commands /bm or /burnmob <spider|creeper|skeleton|zombie|info|frequency>
    • Auto creates config file on first load with default set to true.
    Download

Changelog:

Version 0.6
    • Cleaned up lots more of the code.
    • Added more in game commands for changing settings.
    • Added ability to change the frequency at which the thread updates the moblist. This is in milliseconds. Default is 1000(1 second).
    • Fixed the bug that may have caused server lag/crashes/problems when reloaded.
    • Removed permissions support (I don't think they were really needed)
    Version 0.3
    • Cleaned up some of the code.
    • Added in game commands for changing settings.
    • Added config file creation on initial launch.
    • Added permissions support.
    • Fixed multiworld crash bug.
    Version 0.2
    • Fixed spider not burning bug.
    • Fixed thread crashing issue due to concurrency error (I think).
    • Made it more thread-safe. No longer pulls data at will from the main thread.
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Release

2. Offline

McSpazzy

3. Offline

Trenny

4. Offline

McSpazzy

Anyone currently using it, please let me know of any errors.

5. Offline

ikaruga

Great plugin! Thank you very much:)

6. Offline

Benk016

Just updated today and am getting the following errors.

Code:
    2011-08-24 18:42:48 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BurningMobs v0.6 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.McSpazzy.BurningMobs.BurningMobs.loadProps(BurningMobs.java:86)
        at com.McSpazzy.BurningMobs.BurningMobs.onEnable(BurningMobs.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:885)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Thanks for bringing this back!!

7. Offline

McSpazzy

@Benk016 Was that a clean install? Or did it have config files left over from the old version?

8. Offline

Benk016

Didn't think to delete the old config file. That did the trick! The only issue i've seen with this is that mobs don't like to burn when they walk on snow. If a creeper is chasing me and is on grass or rock, he'll burn, but if he steps onto snow, no burning happens. Don't know if this is your plugin or just how the game works though. Other than that its working wonderfully now. Thank you again!

9. Offline

McSpazzy

The snow thing is me being lazy...They also wont burn if in long grass or sugar cane. The because it's a non solid block, but is still a block, my code thinks they are underground.

10. Offline

FaeDine

Code:
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-17"
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE]     at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE]     at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.getLivingEntities(CraftWorld.java:537)
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE]     at com.McSpazzy.BurningMobs.BurningMobsWatcher.run(BurningMobsWatcher.java:33)
    2011-08-26 10:12:09 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I'm getting this on occasion. After a few 'cycles' of night and day it seems that the plugin stops working and spits out this error.

Worth noting, a few players on my server has the ability to change the time of day (Magic!!) so it flips around a lot. I'm not sure if it's related or not.

Edit: Oops, didn't paste the CODE block right

11. Offline

McSpazzy

@FaeDine I'm aware that error exists, but I'm haven't been able to trace the cause. D=

12. Offline

Buckethead

permissions for commnds plz

this worked for 3 seconds and now it does not. no erros in logs

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  13. Offline

alexmack929

Ummm....

Could you add support for Ghasts?

I have a hardcore survival server so we have Ghasts in overworld.

14. Offline

Shamoox

Code:
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-16"
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.getLivingEntities(CraftWorld.java:533)
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE]     at com.McSpazzy.BurningMobs.BurningMobsWatcher.run(BurningMobsWatcher.java:33)
    2011-10-16 16:03:27 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error occurs after several day / night cycles and then stops running.

15. Offline

McSpazzy

I'll see if I can update this...But I'm not sure where I put the source.

16. Offline

cengbrecht

Testing out the Burnmob plugin on my server, just installed it, never had it before, started it with my server, but it keeps respawning my properties file, so when I change it to Spider = false, it doesn't remember my change.
    http://minecraft.brokedcomputer.com < for a live map.

17. Offline

Yoogoo

This look intressting.

18. Offline

Buckethead

dont work

19. Offline

douglas_srs

Hey, May u make it compatbile with 1337?

Thank you very much!

20. Offline

Blanidur

Update please!

21. Offline

Meindratheal

I made a new version of this since it hasn't been updated in a while, it also handles endermen, and should fix the ConcurrentModificationException, as well as being lighter on the server.

You WILL need a new config file!!! Delete the one you have, let it build a new one, and configure it from there.

Note: I do not have a huge amount of time for support, but if there are any critical bugs then I will fix them, and if there is a suggestion then I may implement it (if time allows). This was my first Java project, so it is completely possible that there are bugs.

File in attachment.

Attached Files:

douglas_srs and HanFox like this.
  22. Offline

douglas_srs

Thank you very much, would u give me the source code? =)

23. Offline

Meindratheal

@douglas_srs That depends on whether McSpazzy allows (unless he is inactive for too long, in which case I probably will). I had to decompile the old plugin to make this one, which was originally just a private, stripped-down and fixed version.

@Everyone Minor fix, mobs no longer try to burn in the rain (even though it extinguishes them anyway)
    File in attachment.

So does no-one have any issues with these updates? If not, I'm happy, if so, tell me :)

Attached Files:

24. Offline

douglas_srs

Ok, =(, just fix zombies/skeletons not burning! Thanks

25. Offline

xionyus

I tried the one on the first post and it seems that the spiders don't burn at all, they disappear after, I dunno, five minutes in sunlight? Hopefully the Burningmobs-rel.zip will work.

26. Offline

Meindratheal

The main problems I found with the original one by McSpazzy were:
    --It only dealt with the main world (so mobs wouldn't burn in other worlds created by i.e. Multiverse)
    --ConcurrentModificationExceptions occurred when the mob list changed while iterating over it, but there was no exception handling, so it just crashed the plugin
    --Inefficient methods of checking whether a mob should burn, which would also break if the height limit was changed

I'm pretty sure I've sorted all of these issues out by:
    --Iterating through each world, not just the main one
    --try{...}catch(CME){} surrounding the main thread
    --Using built-in bukkit methods.

From my (limited) testing, my update worked, but I can't guarantee it. That's why I would need to know if there are any bugs.

@douglas_srs Is this in my update? If so, obviously make sure that the BurnZombie setting is true, and if this doesn't help, more info will probably be needed. If it's in the original, then ignore my ramblings :p

27. Offline

douglas_srs

Your update :p

I downloaded the last one and now the Zombies/Skeletons burn and the other mobs won't... help =p

28. Offline

Meindratheal

Which plugins are you using, and which bukkit version? It might be a plugin conflict.

EDIT: I've replicated the problem, now I'm taking a look at what might be causing it.

EDIT 2: Found the problem, it only triggers when it IS raining, not when it ISN'T. Stupid mistake, fixed it now (I think). New file in attachment.

Cheers for the bug report!

Attached Files:

HanFox likes this.
  29. Offline

theflame1901

Hi :D Can you do me a favor? Like make a plugin to prevents mobs to burn at sunlight, also configurable.

30. Offline

HanFox

Thanks for these updates. Total life saver :)

31. Offline

Meindratheal

For anyone who hasn't noticed, I've made a new BukkitDev page, with this plugin. Link

theflame1901 If you set burnZombie and burnSkeleton to false, it should do that. You may (or may not) need to change the updateFrequency variable, to a smaller value.
    If this doesn't work, comment on the plugin's dev page, and I'll look into it.