[MECH] BoundaryKill v1.31z - Soft borders killing you softly [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zarius, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Zarius

Borderkill - Soft borders killing you softly
    Version: 1.31z (2011/07/16)

<font color="#ff0000">Bukkit 1.2.3? See <font color="#ff0000">OtherBounds</font> BukkitDev page for a compatible version.</font>

This world border creates a circular "soft" border. When a player walks across the border they will start to lose health until they cross back. There is also multiworld support. The mechanic was inspired by the game Allegiance.

Features:
    * Circular borders
    * Damages players who crosses border
    * Multiworld support
    * Exceptions for admins
    * Players in vehicles
    * Prevents players from teleporting outside the border

Download: Download | Source Code | Older Downloads

Show Spoiler
    There is no ingame configuration. Everything must be done by editing the configuration file which is generated on first run and is updated to the latest version when required:

plugins/BoundaryKill/config.yaml

Code:
    version: 1
    ticks: 10
    outMessage: You have exited the boundary. Prepare to DIE!
    inMessage: You have returned to safer lands.
    worlds:
        world1name:
            radius: 300
            z: 0
            x: 0
            exceptions:
                - croxis
        world2name:
            radius: 250
            z: 50
            x: -40
            exceptions:
                -
    health: 1

ticks is the number of in game ticks before health is removed for players outside the border
    health is the amount of health removed per hit
    out and in messages are the messages sent to the player when the cross the border
    worlds is the name of the world, the x and z coordinates of the center of the border, and the radius of the border.
    exception is a list of players that you want exempted from the border.

Show Spoiler
    Here's a <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Working:
    * multiple boundaries
    * damage
    * exceptions (player list and/or bukkitperms)
    * circular boundaries

Not working yet:
    * inverted boundaries
    * rectangular or region base boundaries
    * damagerate

Considerations:
    * this is not ready for active use (obviously just a pre-release) unless your players don't mind getting killed by bugs.
    * you probably want to put delay rate down to around 5 (that's the minium at the moment) - I left it at 40 for testing (checked the boundary every 2 seconds)
    * safeinsideboundary - set to true or false at your preference: if you have concentric boundaries set to false, if you have non-concentric set to true.

Todo List:
    See GitHub issues page.

Changelog:
    Version 1.31z
    * Zarius takes over development
    * Fixed bug with players quitting
    * Excepted players still get informed about the boundary

Version 1.3
    * Fixed damage code. Should now drop chests for Tombstone.

Show Spoiler
    Version 1.2
    * Fixed teleporting to operate in a more sane manner
    * Updated to craftbukkit 617
    * Added support for vehicles
    * Added a per world exception list

Version 1.1
    * Updated for bukkit 405+
    * Fixed a couple of nasty bugs

Version 1.0
    * First release

Original plugin and ideas by Croxis, many thanks for creating this great plugin - I hope I do it justice :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

Zarius

Heh, hopefully it doesn't steal too much of your classwork time ;)

3. Offline

1cec0ld

Zarius is 1.31 the latest version?

CB 1.2 R.01

Code:
    2012-03-09 21:44:16 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BoundaryKill v1.31z (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.croxis.bukkit.boundarykill.BoundaryKill.getConfiguration()Lorg/bukkit/util/config/Configuration;
        at net.croxis.bukkit.boundarykill.BoundaryKill.onEnable(BoundaryKill.java:50)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:363)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:531)
        at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:174)
        at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:22)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:166)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:461)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:818)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:778)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:761)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:112)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:554)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:452)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)

Sorry to bug you about this. Should I just switch to OtherBounds? Is it very different if I must?
    Thanks for any time.

4. Offline

Zarius

1cec0ld

Because I'm planning on (eventually) adding a lot of "conditions" similar to OtherDrops I built OtherBounds from scratch using BoundaryKill as the inspiration. I see it as an "evolution" :)

It's not very different and I would appreciate if you tried it out and let me know what you like and/or don't like with it.

Some new things with OtherBounds are the ability to set multiple boundaries, each with different custom messages. So you can have a different message per world or perhaps two levels of boundaries for one world (one for guests and one for normal players). If you're looking for consistency you can now specify one boundary to apply to all worlds.

5. Offline

1cec0ld

Zarius does OterBounds dev page actually have a download link? I feel somewhat blind xD

6. Offline

Zarius

I discovered that it doesn't not actually :( It was still in an "experimental stage" and I've now requested it be fully approved.

If you go to the top post and open the "pre-release" spoiler there's a download link in there though (copied <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  7. Offline

1cec0ld

Ok I just wasn't sure if that was the latest version yet, thanks!

Posted in the otherbounds dev page, since its technically relevant there now, not here. Farewell forever BoundaryKill, you did your best.

8. Offline

Zarius

'Tis no farewell - OtherBounds is a continuation and (imho) improvement on BoundaryKill and would never have been made without it. :)

9. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Zarius. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5