Inactive [MECH] Blacksmith v1.0.3 - Repair your equipment [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by retsrif, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Offline

retsrif

Basically, value doesn't do anything related to another plugin. It's just numbers. That's why it works no matter what. The repair does matter though. Can you check if the config file stayed the same or changed? Also if the value changed or not? Thanks. P.S, give me the link to the essentials economy thread so i can implement it.

2. Offline

Mogymog

3. Offline

retsrif

Yeah I saw it and didn't get squat :p So after you changed the property and reloaded the plugin, did the property stay the same? Or did it go back to default?

4. Offline

Mogymog

from everything I saw.. it stayed the same after I changed/reloaded it.. Just no luck getting Essential to 'see' it to repair/detract money for its use.. But, I'm also not nearly as experienced as you or many others, so for all I know.. its some simple stupid thing.. x.x

5. Offline

retsrif

Hmmm... the file should be working... Btw it won't work with essentials as I haven't done anything related to essentials in my plugin yet... there's nothing about it which is the problem :p

Hey guys.. it's been tested s\and Blacksmith is 670 compatible. Also config file now works, which means BOSEconomy works and you can now configure costs!! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  6. Offline

haldavid

Any chance you could add armor repair? That would be straight tits.

7. Offline

riuthamus

Thats what I am talking about... thanks!

8. Offline

retsrif

Sure, but that was a weird expression XD

Fully working eh? Glad :D

9. Offline

haldavid

Yay I like the style of this plugin a lot. Can't wait til you add armor repair in!

10. Offline

retsrif

I've implemented material repair. If anyone is willing to test it I can get it out early. If not,
    I'll jut test it later today. Armor coming soon ;)

11. Offline

paska123456

This plugin is awesome. all it needs is permissions and armor repairs :)

12. Offline

City Builder

Yup, add permissions support and this would be great for the city on our server, although it may make the shop keeps that are selling tools rethink what it is they are going to sell now.

13. Offline

retsrif

Ok as people want armor and permissions, I'm going to do both. So for permissions, when you create a blacksmith sign, it'll pop off the ground if you aren't allowed to make it.

14. Offline

City Builder

sounds okay to me, just make sure it pops off whatever surface it's attached to please.

Oh and for the curious, seems to work great on 617 for me.

15. Offline

retsrif

It will ;) Feel free to give me suggestions guys.

16. Offline

City Builder

About the only other thing that I'd love to see would be some sort of conversion of how much it costs to fix a tool, converted to the resource the tool is made out of.
    So for example, if it costs 200 to fix a diamond spade, and we set a configuration to be 1 diamond = 100 coins, then it would costs the consumer 2 diamonds to fix their spade which would then be taken out of their inventory (and would need to be in their inventory) and used instead of our iconomy money if we set a switch in the configuration file to use materials instead of iconomy money.

If the configuration is set to use materials instead, then it would have to work on whole numbers, based on what the user would set for their materials price, since obviously we can't cut a diamond in half in MC (at least not yet)

17. Offline

retsrif

Um I've already done that XD it costs 1 material to fix tools, and in the future 2 for armor. As I said, I'm going to be testing this tonight.

18. Offline

riuthamus

Can i get a full description on the process cause I cant get this to work.

19. Offline

retsrif

Yes I noticed that the config file doesn't automatically have an economy config. You can just add that manually though. The version I'm realeasing soon will fix this.

20. Offline

riuthamus

Okay so, just so i can make sure im good on everything else:

1) set the configs up
    2) put a sign on a wall or ground
    2a) add the line [Blacksmith] to line 1
    2b) add Repair, or a value to the second line
    3) right click sign, should charged

21. Offline

haldavid

22. Offline

Deadonpromnite

Can you make a mod, that doesnt use economy? Just this but without the need for economy.

23. Offline

retsrif

No, not a value, you put the word Value. The bases can be edited in the config file, read the OP for more info.
    I'll check it out.
    I am currently working on this version.

24. Offline

MintTheFox

add essentials economy support for those of us that use it?

25. Offline

retsrif

I don't even know where the essentials economy thread is so unless I get that I won't be able to do this.

26. Offline

BigRenegade

This is going to sound a little dumb, but I installed your mod on my server and it sort of works. If I click the value sign it tells me that it will cost me 0 to repair it. If I click on the repair sign nothing happens. I have searched for instructions on how to install and set thisd up but I cannot find anything. Could you help me?

Also, does this require any other mods to work? If so that might be my problem.

27. Offline

retsrif

BigRenegade: value should work without any mod, but if it says 0 make sure you actualy have sed it :p To make use of this mod and repair, you have to use either iConomy or BOSEconomy, though a material version is in the works.

28. Offline

BigRenegade

Thanks. I didn't know if it required either of the economy mods or not. I'm not running them on my server at this time. I'm still in the process of getting the server working the way I want. (With admin controls and what-not).

29. Offline

eRko16

Please make a support fo item like SignTrader:

Setup sign:
    [BlackSmith]
    5:341
    Repair:278

It will repair your diamond pickaxe for 5 slime balls. My server need it! :)

30. Offline

haldavid

I'm using the Repair section of mcMMO to enable item-cost repairs for armor right now, but I'd much rather be using this plugin to repair armor because I like to soak up extra coins from rich players.

Are you going to make it possible to repair armor using iconomy currency but NOT items? I'd like to block items to force currency use, I mean.

Thanks for the plugin, regardless.