Inactive [MECH] Backpack v2.2.0 (The Ultimate Inventory Expander!) [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Afforess

Backpack
    Because One is never enough!
    Preface:
    Backpack is the ultimate salvation in inventory management. Your standard minecraft inventory has 36 slots in it, just enough to be handy, but terrible for long journeys or mining expeditions to the other side of the map. Backpack nonatuples your existing inventory space. (For those of you not familiar with latin, that's 9x the space).
    How is this massive inventory boost possible? The mouse wheel. (Thanks to Edward Hand for the idea!) Sneaking while Scrolling through each of the quickslots switches you to a new inventory page. This gives you freedom to scroll through NINE different pages. Scrolling without sneaking allows you to scroll through your inventory like normal.

If you don't quite get it, I've made a short video demonstrating:
    FAQ:​
    Is there a way to change the number of pages? I only want certain users to have x amount of pages.
    Yes, see the next question down!
    Is there permission or group manager support!
    Nope! There is however a configuration file (aptly named "config.xml") that is created on the first run and allows you to customize the amount of extra inventory pages, and who gets to use them.
    Are your inventories saved between logins and server restarts?
    Yes. Backpack saves the inventories in the same file notch does, in the "player".dat file.
    Updating all those files must be slow/I heard that I/O operations are slow.
    They are. Backpack is multithreaded, so if you have more than 1 core, you won't notice any lag.
    This mod doesn't have anything to do with Minecarts, why the Minecart Mania dependency?
    Minecart Mania offers a useful interface for a lot of things I needed in writing Backpack, and 70% of the code is actually in MM. If you really hate Minecart Mania, you can just install core, and disable all of the features from it's configuration file.
    Dependencies:
    Commands:
    • /open <page number>
      • Opens a dialog with your current inventory, and the inventory from that page so you can easily swap items between pages. Quick slots are numbered 1-10, with 1 on the leftmost side.
    • /backpack
      • Toggles your backpack on or off.
    Permissions:
    (Permissions is optional, but will be used if installed)​
    • backpack.toggle
      • Allows the use of the /backpack command
    • backpack.open
      • Allows the use of the /open command
    • backpack.saveactionbar
      • Saves the action bar in-between pages
    • backpack.maxpages.# (where # is a number 1-9 [e.g backpack.maxpages.6])
      • The maximum pages allowed for the players
    Changelog:
    • Version 0.10
      • Initial Release!
    • Version 0.11
      • Swapped the role of sneaking around
    • Version 0.12
      • Player death is handled correctly
      • When your current inventory page is full, nearby items on the ground will be added to empty slots in other inventory pages.
    • Version 0.13
      • Added a first time login message. Only is triggered once for each player.
    • Version 0.14
      • Added customizable amount of inventory players, through XML.
    • Version 0.15-0.20
      • Bug Fixes
    • Version 0.21
      • Added /open command
    • Version 0.23
      • Reduced I/O operations from being continuous to once per minute
      • Fixed a bug which could cause player inventory pages to be lost if the server shut down in such a way that MM unloaded before the I/O operations finished.
    • Version 1.0
      • Fixed lag caused by I/O operations
      • Player Data now saves correctly, and will not become corrupt during server shutdowns
      • Improved Error Handling
      • Improved Console Log of Information for admins
    • Version 1.0a-1.0g
      • Bug fixes
    • Version 1.1
      • More robust inventory backups
      • /backpack command
    • Version 2.0
      • Supports MC 1.4
      • Action bar no longer switches with new inventory pages
      • Backpack saves with rest of inventory in player.dat file
      • Other plugins can access and correctly see a player's larger inventory w/o being Backpack Aware
    • Version 2.0.1
      • Backpack's work correctly after death
    • Version 2.0.2
      • Small Backpacks work correctly
    • Version 2.0.3
      • Players can choose to save the action bar or have separate action bars via the config
      • Bug fixes
    • Version 2.0.4
      • Improved Error Handling
    • Version 2.0.5
      • Fixed /open command crashing clients
    • Version 2.0.6
      • Fixed item duping on death
    • Version 2.0.7
      • Bug Fixes
    • Version 2.0.8
      • Permissions Support
      • Efficiency Changes
      • Bug Fixes
    • Version 2.0.9
      • Updated to MC 1.5
    • Version 2.1.0
      • Minor fixes/Cleanup
    • Version 2.2.0
      • New saving system
      • Lots of cleanup
      • Lots of bug fixes

2. Offline

KevGraf94

/open 5-9 are not working. if i put something in this, it is not in the inventory after opening it again

3. Offline

AFakeman

In new version, dock (quick access slots) is not changing, but pages are. Could you make 'em change too?

4. Offline

Afforess

It's on option. Please read the permission nodes on the OP.

If you are using permissions, the config is ignored. Please read the permission nodes on the OP.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  5. Offline

Leo_swiss

Hi Afforess,

tried another one of your plugins.

Sadly need to report the inventory lost bug happens here as well.

CB 803, latest MM suite, latest backpack version.

No errors in the serverlog, and reproduceable behavior - empty inventory, farm one dirt block and logout - login and i see the dirt block for a fragment of a second before it vanishes.

Where do you store the inventory data on the logout event? Might have something to do with file permissions ...

addonlist:

Backup.jar
    Citizens.jar
    CommandSigns.jar
    FalseBookBlock.jar
    FalseBookCore.jar
    FalseBookExtra.jar
    FalseBookIC.jar
    General.jar
    LastLogin.jar
    Lockette.jar
    MinecartManiaAdminControls.jar
    MinecartManiaAutomations.jar
    MinecartManiaChestControl.jar
    MinecartManiaCore.jar
    MinecartManiaSignCommands.jar
    MinecartManiaStation.jar
    MMPlugin.jar
    MultiVerse.jar
    MyHome.jar
    NxCoords.jar
    OpenInv.jar
    Permissions.jar
    PermissionsPlus.jar
    RocketBoots.jar
    SpyerAdmin.jar
    Timecraft.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    WorldGuard.jar

Thx for looking into it, it's not urgent, mod is disabled atm due to the bug/problem.

cheers

Leo

6. Offline

DeNarr

So I can see in the original post that you have this for the permissions. I'm thinking though that there might be others like me who downloaded permissions because something required it, but don't actually know the ins and outs of it. Where do these settings get put?

Permissions:
    (Permissions is optional, but will be used if installed)​
    • backpack.toggle
      • Allows the use of the /backpack command
    • backpack.open
      • Allows the use of the /open command
    • backpack.saveactionbar
      • Saves the action bar in-between pages
    • backpack.maxpages.# (where # is a number 1-9 [e.g backpack.maxpages.6])
      • The maximum pages allowed for the players

7. Offline

Phinary

any idea if this works with multi inv?

8. Offline

sintri

Have accidently partially updated and copied back the 1.5.01 jar file back so not entirely sure if it has anything to do with that, but am losing pages 6-9 and everything up after slot 7 of page 5 every time I log out or shut down the server. Course there have been some other random bugs so could just be that the minecraft.jar alone isn't enough.

Edit: Grabbed the bin folder off the other comp, same thing still happened. Tried starting from an empty dat file, same thing. Did log in to everything emptied out cept the 7 items on page 5 earlier as well.

Doubly edit: Took out every else, and still happens.

Triple edit: Doesn't seem like the config file's being read either, saveactionbar to true/false results in the same thing

9. Offline

timmaeh

Coming 1.6.6 #818 update?

10. Offline

Dadadada

same question here... if not have to poll if we wanna upgrade withoput backpack or keep playin 1.5

11. Offline

_infina_

Backpack works fine for me on 818. Doesn't look like an update is needed.

12. Offline

lastof

Looking at the source on github (which doesn't appear to be the latest source... last pushed 14th April) it doesn't look like any of the parts of the core minecraft code Afforess extended to support him have changed since before 1.6 came out (though, I could be missing something. I only quickly looked over it). I'll test later today once I update to see if I can verify what @_infina_ says (since the more that find it fine, the better).

However, @Afforess I have found a bug. A couple of other people seem to mention it on previous pages. Higher numbered pages are vanishing on logout/in. Bukkit 803, Backpack 2.1.0. Half of page 5, and all those above, seem to vanish.

Plugins, all a fairly recent version:
    Show Spoiler
    Elevators, ContainerProtect, SimpleHome, PorteCoulissante, MCDocs, dynmap, WorldGuard, Permissions, BorderGuard, OtherBlocks, RetractableBridge, NextStation, WeatherPlugin, WorldEdit, PermissionsPlus, Vegetation, HeroicDeath, Landmarks, MinecartManiaCore, ChopTree, AdminCmd, ControllerBlock, Backpack, HelpCenter, PumpkinDiver, AngryWolves, MinecartManiaSignCommands, MinecartManiaChestControl, MinecartManiaAutomations, MinecartManiaStation, MinecartManiaAdminControls, WormholeXTreme

And a video to demonstrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8QNOA85s6E

Only one of my users has actually pointed this out (I guess none of us use the higher pages), so sadly I have no idea when this started happening.

13. Offline

Dadadada

just tested it and i have that bug too...

14. Offline

sintri

Well if it does work for 818 guess it is time to update to 1.6.6, though still would be nice for those bug fixes. Probably best to limit everyone to 4 pages lest they accidently log out and lost 5 pages of loot.

15. Offline

Afforess

@lastof & Others

I have known of (and even exactly why) the vanishing pages bug happens. For the moment, use less than 7 pages with OUT saving the action bar (can use all 9 with saving it). I simply have not had the freetime to rewrite how the data gets saved.

However, I'll a take a look and rewrite a considerable portion of this plugin Friday/Saturday - okay?

16. Offline

lastof

That's great (I hadn't seen you confirm it anywhere, apologies if you had).

However... I am saving the action bar and I can't use more than 4 and a bit pages, let alone 7 or 9. But, I guess if you fix it it'll be fixed, so hopefully no more users will notice before it's fixed, and no one will whine at me! Yay! (I could just limit them to 4 for now. But they are more likely to notice not being able to get to extra pages than that items in the depths they rarely use have vanished between logins).

Other than that though it does seem to be working on #818.

17. Offline

dark_hunter

@Afforess: Do you plan on updating this to be able to be used on 1.6.x? If so ETA?

18. Offline

Afforess

Working on Backpack 3.0 this weekend. Soon enough? ;)

dark_hunter likes this.
  19. Offline

dark_hunter

Alright, sweet as.

20. Offline

Nori_Silverrage

Nice, thanks so much Afforess. This is one of those must have plugins for me. :)

21. Offline

oldmansam

Hows 3.0 coming?

22. Offline

Ian Yang

I can access the backpack but when I sneak and scroll it just scrolls like normal?

23. Offline

lastof

By default saveactionbar is on, so that when you change slot the items in your action bar will stay the same, only the page in the inventory will changed. Have you opened your inventory to see if the page has changed in there?
    If you have, then more info about your setup will help any problem to be found. Bukkit build number? Are you using permissions? If so, what nodes have you set in permissions for Backpack?

24. Offline

Ian Yang

Um, I didn't really understand what you meant by the saveactionbar setting.. For me when I type in true, it does the same thing as when I type in false which is nothing. Inventory pages do change. Not using permissions. Not too sure about the bukkit build number :S

25. Offline

iernie

If the save action bar setting is set to true, the nine slots that you always see at the bottom of the screen will always be the same. So lets say that you have a picaxe and a shovel in the first two slots, if you sneak and scroll from slot 1 to slot 2, your inventory (when you press I) should have changed (probably to an empty inventory), while the picaxe and shovel are still shown below.

However, if you disable save action bar, when you sneak and scroll from slot 1 to slot 2, the picaxe and shovel should also disappear, allowing you to add 9 new items to the action bar, if wanted. In theory, this gives you 81 additional slots available in comparison to saving the action bar. If you sneak and scroll back from slot 2 to slot 1, the picaxe and shovel should reappear.

Though I prefer to save the action bar since I always like to have the same 9 items available at all times. If this is not how it works at your server, something is wrong.

26. Offline

Jeff Miller

I use MM and Backpack all the time on my pre 1.6 servers. You know what I miss more than carrying eight pages chock full of cobblestone as I explore and build stuff on my servers running CB820?
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

27. Offline

sintri

fixed. lol At any rate how is 3.0, running only 4 bags is a bit annoying.

28. Offline

DaddyCool64

@Afforess
    2011-06-07 02:43:28 [INFO] BukkitUpdater : Plugin 'Backpack' isn't in loaded repositories

can you take it in, please

29. Offline

Ian Yang

So if it is set to true, your inventory (when you press E/I) will scroll down but if it's set to false the action bar will only scroll down?

30. Offline

dark_hunter

Update on this? (1 week later.)

31. Offline

Afforess

Yes, I am @dark_hunter

@Ian Yang

If save action bar = true, scrolling changes the 27 slots inside the inventory, but no the 9 quick slots. If set to false, all 36 slots change with scrolling.

dark_hunter likes this.