[MECH] Archers v1.0 - Advanced Archery [1.5R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by 1337, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Archers (Reborn) - Made by [1337]
    I - Introduction
    Archers, makes archery way more powerful and fun! It has a big list of special arrows who can be enabled/disabled easily with Permissions.
    Here is a quick list of its possibilities:
    • Powerful Arrows Light things up with Fire and Lighting arrows, Blow things up with TNT arrows, morph monsters, and the mighty Nuke arrow
    • Fun Arrows generate new trees, make mobs fly up and teleport
    II - Download
    III - Installation and configuration
    • Check the Permission nodes below:
      • Code:
        archers.bow.(arrow name) - Needed to fire the bow
    IV - Usage
    It is really easy. If you type /arrow a list with available arrows will pop up, if you need more information. Just type /arrow (arrow name), and you can see what ammo it uses, and what you too enable it. Also if you dont have permission for a arrow it shows up red, if you do have permission it shows up green

V - Final note
    Suggestions, Questions or bug reports: Post them in this Thread!
    You can also post, what you want to be updated first. That would also really help me :)

2. Offline

Why dont you read the rest of the thread before posting?

3. Offline

yegorsosin

I dont know how to make it, pls can you write the code ill replace your name with mine.

4. Offline

Go onto the permissions thread

5. Offline

m5k

I'll be adding this shortly. I have a suggestion though, as I see this a bit overpowered when a melee class fights an archer. What about adding a deadzone if possible. As in if a player is at a X or less block distance from the archer, the archer can't shoot/arrows do way less damage ?

6. Offline

Thats very hard/not possible to do im afraid

7. Offline

m5k

Ah well, I'll have to balance it in other ways. Most probably raising the reagent prices.

8. Offline

anon

I balanced by adding doorshield plugin =)

9. Offline

http://bit.ly/ArchersWebsite Archers now has a website :D Go here for downloads source arrow/command list AND a sample permission file to help out people who are stuck.not finished yet though

I have began adding config (damage and speed) for all the arrow
    next update will include for certain this and the steal arrow fix and the fire and ice arrow air only fix
    Should include the crafting and a few new arrow

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  10. Offline

anon

And here we go again, cant wait for this... again.
    Also, sorry i suck at photoshop, tried to make a banner. Didnt go well :(

11. Offline

:D thanks for trying, I will try to get this update out as soon as I can

12. Offline

Jellifish

So when you say next release should include crafting, is that my request for a new archers.craft permission thingy? Can't wait for that! Thanks.

13. Offline

Yes :D

Ok some new arrow ideas just wondering what you all think?
    3 shot arrow,shoots 3 very fast arrow at once
    TNT thrice arrow,does the same as the thrice arrow but with tnt :D
    Minigun arrow,10 arrow at once?
    Hell arrow,makes a hell portal where it lands
    Swarm arrow,makes a army of mobs where it lands

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

Tearlow

Minigun arrow... Would it mayhap be something along "ArrowWall" plugin? if so, why not make that configurable? Or maybe even a Arrow wall type for itself? :) Any type of Barrages are pretty epic if you ask me.

Swarm arrow sounds like a really cool concept as well!

15. Offline

GardenGnomer

Thanks!
    I really like the plugin, but the way you change arrows is crazy! I have to find a tree to go back to normal arrows? It would be nice to do it with a / command.

16. Offline

Ben91

Nice plugin.

Just the presentation is strange.

Can you add more configurable texts, please ? (Change text, colors, presentations) and the possiblity to don't show infos / text about deactived arrows...

Thanks.

++

17. Offline

What do you mean by presentation? The plugin itself or the first post?

Could someone else explain the commands thing? before i start swearing and stuff,thanks.

18. Offline

Taemera

You should read the other replies on this thread.\

@TechGuard & 1337
    You should mention in the OP, that commands are not going to be implemented.
    People asking the same things over and over again will never stop.

Aramillio likes this.
  19. Offline

@Taemera I will ask tech to when i next speak to him :D

20. Offline

Ben91

Plugin's text.

It will be cool if it didn't have everytime the full text even if I want to allow only one type of arrow for example.

21. Offline

Taemera

I don't get it? Be more specific, do you mean in-game, the OP or what?
    The /arrow command?

22. Offline

Ok TechGuard has decided to stop working on bukkit,this means that he has stopped working on Archers,He has asked for the main post to be moved over to me,so we can keep this thread.I would like to say thanks to @TechGuard for his time and effort he has put into Archers :D

23. Offline

jamescosten

24. Offline

"A JAMESCOSTEN MUST HAVE FUN PLUGIN"

@Plague @TechGuard has done what you said,if it gets done,will it be the same thread? or a new one?

25. Offline

jamescosten

No probs man :)

Give us a shout if you want another plugin reviewed

26. Offline

27. Offline

jamescosten

28. Offline

Thank you for the video :D
    Anyone who has a sever running archer pm me the website/ip so i can list it on the Archers website

29. Offline

cholo71796

The changelog redirects to this thread-- where is the changelog?

It also lists CB733 as the recommended Bukkit build but the thread title suggests 766 is. Strange.

30. Offline

cause i cant edit the main post since tech is quiting and we are trying to get the post moved over to me :D

31. Offline

anon

Isnt techguar online now? He appears to be. Why not just delete the topic and recriate?