Inactive [MECH/ADMIN] MinecartMania Reborn 1.5.1 - Making minecarts fun again! [1.3.2-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mze9412, May 5, 2012.

1. Offline

mze9412

Minecart Mania is all about improving the minecart experience for users, while giving Admins fulls control should they need to react. It's spread across 7 different plugins, which all excel at doing different things, as their name implies. Minecart Mania Core is required for any of the addon plugins to work.

I maintain MinecartMania to be compatible with current Bukkit versions because my own server relies heavily on it. This also means adding all new items so that they can be used with Chests and maybe adding new features. I also plan to improve performance and partially rework some code which might need improvements.

And to quote the original description (which still applies):
    "Minecart Mania completely turns Notch's idea of Minecarts on its head, avoiding ridulous booster designs, allowing for sophisticated station designs and encouraging the use of Minecarts for fun and profit!"

More Information:
    >>>Bukkit Dev Page<<<

Current Version
    MinecartMania Reborn 1.5.1, released 2012-08-29
    >>>Files on Bukkit Dev<<<

Changelog
    See Bukkit Dev Changelog Page

luluonfire17 and ElectroBot4 like this.
  2. Cool! thanks for updating!

3. Offline

jackkiej

does the speed blocks work again too?

4. Offline

mze9412

Default behaviour is that powered rails work as speed/break blocks. If they have no power they increase minecart speed, with power they decrease minecart speed.

5. Offline

jackkiej

thats the problem, they instantly brake with power, and they don't speed up my minecarts when not powered...

6. Offline

mze9412

Could you please post your config file?

7. Offline

jackkiej

it are the default configs, I didn't change anything

8. Offline

mze9412

Then please list all your plugins, maybe something else is interfering? I just tried it on my server and it works as expected ...

Are you running AutoCart?

9. Offline

jackkiej

I use craftbook, but I think it is minecart mania itself, I had this problem with the old minecart mania too, and I use every minecart mania plugin in from the download

10. Offline

mze9412

Remove AutoCart to get the normal behaviour back. AutoCart makes your carts move with constant speed, they will never slow down and cannot be accelerated more ;)

11. Offline

jackkiej

thanks, I will try this, but what does autocart other than that?

12. Offline

mze9412

To quote the plugin description from Afforess' wiki:
    Source: http://wiki.afforess.com/Minecart_Mania-Plugin/Autocart

So basically that is all Autocart does, yes ;)

13. Offline

jackkiej

14. Offline

mze9412

Yeah, well, I do not use it on my server but some people might like it and use it ;)

15. Offline

Giuseppe

THANKSSSSS

Code:
    2012-05-10 15:00:59 [INFO] [MinecartManiaSignCommands] Enabling MinecartManiaSignCommands v1.4.2
    2012-05-10 15:01:00 [INFO] Read timed out
    2012-05-10 15:01:01 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MinecartManiaSignCommands v1.4.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(ConcurrentHashMap.java:909)
        at com.afforess.minecartmaniasigncommands.sensor.SensorManager.getSensor(SensorManager.java:64)
        at com.afforess.minecartmaniasigncommands.MinecartManiaSignCommands.onEnable(MinecartManiaSignCommands.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  16. Offline

mze9412

Do you have some more information? Which Bukkit version are you running? Which other plugins are you running? etc. Thanks!

17. Offline

mze9412

Are plugin submissions no longer approved?

18. Offline

mze9412

Submitted version 1.4.7 for approval @ Bukkit Dev. See the opening post for the changelog!

19. Offline

Simanova

Testing your plugin. Iam using minecart mania for our server since 2009 !

Iam testing your plugin and will give feedback, if possible.

20. Offline

Giuseppe

21. Offline

mze9412

I still want to document everything eventually but I just do not have much time at the moment :(

Is there something you want to know which I might be able to answer directly?

22. Offline

van_Grunz

An updated documentation site would be really helpful. [diamond]
    Afforess itself seems to be uncontactable through bukkit.

There's a question I'd like to ask:
    Is it possible to switch a three-way junction in its classic way with a switch? There may be another way than a switch, but it doesn't work while tapping is active (which actually doesn't work as accurate as expected). As long as the detailled wiki pages are offline, I don't have any clue how to realize that.:( A complete list of all blocks is really necessary to unleash all the power of Minecart Mania Reborn. I'm working fine with intersection blocks (the brick ones), but they don't suite a switch as long as the sign has to be removed and rewritten each time. That's impractical.

Thanks in advance. If there's something I could help with the documentation, let me know.

23. Offline

mze9412

I am not 100% sure what you mean exactly. Why not just have the user use a different station and let the intersection block do its work?

24. Offline

van_Grunz

I'm sorry, I should have used lever instead of switch, but I quote from the minecraft wiki to explain:
    See link here:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Rail
    Section Behaviour, paragraph no. #3.

Building a lever directly adjacent to a T intersection yields a manually switchable intersection. This is not performed while tapping is active (and should stay, though). That means the lever respective redstone power will be completely ignored. The intersection is switched by tapped order instead. My question is how to regain this manual switch in MMR.

Afforess sent me a reply and stated that his wiki would be online again about next week. :D

25. Offline

mze9412

This behaviour is not changed, it will still work with MM :) I use it in some places in my network ;)

26. Offline

van_Grunz

I've made the following setup:
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-14971523/1.jpg.html

Then this message happens whilst the T junction is redstone powered (shouldn't appear if I read your reply correctly):
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-14971524/2.jpg.html

I'm confused now and get on my admin's nerves if there's everything fine with MM (the /mm and /st commands currently don't work, either).

Alas, as shown in #1, assuming I look to north, the T junction switches only betwenn west-north and west-south (just tested in single player). Is it possible with MM to make a manual switch between south-west and south-north? As already stated, intersections with brick blocks are not an alternative due to the necessarity of editing the beneath sign every time the route should change. I'd like to have the technics invisible by wiring from underneath. ;)

27. Offline

mze9412

Ah, got it :) Please ask your admin to switch IntersectionPrompts to 1 or 2 in MinecartManiaStationConfiguration.

0 = ask on all intersections
    1 = ask on intersections if a station block is below
    2 = ask never ;)

28. Offline

van_Grunz

Thanks a lot! I'll do so. :D I guess IntersetionPrompts needs to be set to 1.
    A station block is the brick one, right? (still missing the wiki...sigh)

Now there's only one thing unanswered:
    How to set up customized T junctions with cardinal points as long as Minecraft presets it. Otherwise, running from reverse direction might lead to the wrong way which can't be switched.

29. Offline

mze9412

Just try it out until you found it, I can't seem to keep that knowledge in my mind ;)

I would try building the tracks so that I have them in the "off" configuration and then see what happens when I put redstone on and off again.