Maven Building for Buildtools.jar

Discussion in 'General Help' started by bouncymonkey, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bouncymonkey

Well alot of people do not know this but bukkit and spigot are out and usable. You just need to build them. I downloaded buildtools.jar and all the files came out of it; work, spigot, jacobe, craftbukkit, bukkit, builddata, etc. I downloaded maven and set it up and when i was on command prompt in windows and used maven to try to build craftbukkit 1.8 jar, an error occoured. I was in command prompt and did cd desktop build then craftbukkit. I followed directions on readme folder in craftbukkit and did mvn clean package. But them maven said:
    C:\Users\secret\Desktop\build\CraftBukkit>mvn clean package
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO]
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building CraftBukkit 1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT
    [WARNING] The POM for org.bukkit:bukkit:jar:1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dep
    endency information available
    [WARNING] The POM for org.spigotmc:minecraft-server:jar:1.8-SNAPSHOT is missing,
    no dependency information available
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 0.259 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2014-11-29T14:27:30-05:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 7M/245M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project craftbukkit: Could not resolve depende
    ncies for project org.bukkit:craftbukkit:jar:1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT: The following ar
    tifacts could not be resolved: org.bukkit:bukkit:jar:1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT, org.spig
    otmc:minecraft-server:jar:1.8-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.bukkit:bukkit:jar:1.
    8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT in http://repo.bukkit.org/content/groups/public was cached in th
    e local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
    of repobo-snap has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
    ch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
    d the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyReso
    lutionException
    C:\Users\fufut_000\Desktop\build\CraftBukkit>

please help!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

bouncymonkey Delete files and try again?
    Moved to Bukkit Alternatives for now.

3. Offline

bouncymonkey

delete files? the problem is not about the files. the problem is there is something missing from bukkit repo. If you go to the official forum on spigot forums where you can download buildtools.jar, it shows all the steps. I followed all the steps and everything worked fine untill i tried building the jar with maven. So either im not doing something right or something is missing from bukkit repo or something im not good with computers. And sorry excuse my tone im just kinda upset right now with all the bukkit 1.8 bla bla going on :/

4. Online

bouncymonkey It isn't something that we can fix, that is for sure.

5. Offline

bouncymonkey

yeah. Well thanks for the help i will keep trying or just wait cause bukkit 1.8 will come out eventually

6. Online

bouncymonkey It isn't out long, it can contain bugs, we haven't done much with it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.