[Mac Only] AutoBukkitServer [Easy]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by hawkfalcon, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hawkfalcon

I need more details than that to help you, Odilon13_

2. Offline

DanilaFe

Hi!
    I've stumbled over this, and, although I already have a Bukkit server, decided to try this out. I can see you wrote the server in AppleScript, which is the main reason it's Mac only (also the chmod a+ x I'm guessing). Maybe it could be a good idea to re-write this application in java to make it universal? It would help tons more people, and java works on EVERY platform.

But otherwise, this is really great! This would really help somebody new to Craftbukkit set up their own server.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  3. Offline

hawkfalcon

Yeah, I could. Maybe one of these days ;)

4. Offline

haykam821

I can't setup... it always returns "Cannot divide something by something" and crashes, even after a reinstall.

5. Offline

hawkfalcon

How much ram are you using.

6. Offline

fahlman

I'm receiving the same error. "Can't divide 3612.0 by zero." The error pops up after the script successfully creates the CraftBukkit folder, downloads craftbukkit.jar and creates the start_server.command file. This happen whether I try Beta, Dev or Recommended. I've tried 1, 2 and 3GB RAM.

7. Offline

Pietyrx

I have a problem with my plugins. I tried to download commandbook, and i dragged the folder into my plugins folder. This is what happened in start_server.command when I started the server:
    12:59:20 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.6.4
    12:59:20 [INFO] Loading properties
    12:59:20 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    12:59:20 [INFO] Generating keypair
    12:59:20 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    12:59:20 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.6.4-R2.0-b2918jnks (MC: 1.6.4) (Implementing API version 1.6.4-R2.0)
    12:59:20 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/CommandBook.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sk89q/minecraft/util/commands/CommandPermissionsException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:184)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:241)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:219)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:56)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:107)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:583)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sk89q/minecraft/util/commands/CommandPermissionsException
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
    ... 9 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandPermissionsException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass0(PluginClassLoader.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:53)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    ... 12 more
    12:59:20 [INFO] Preparing level "PotterCraft"
    12:59:20 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -3694487667036094220)
    12:59:21 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -3694487667036094220)
    12:59:21 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    12:59:21 [INFO] Done (1.137s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

Do you know what's wrong? Thanks in advance!

8. Offline

fahlman

According to that error CommandBook isn't loading correctly. Make sure you have the latest version of CommandBook that is compatible with the version of CraftBukkit you're using. I just checked. The latest release, CommandBook 2.3, is compatible with CraftBukkit 1.6.2. I assume you're using CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.2 so you'll need to try a development build of CommandBook. The development builds can be found here: http://builds.enginehub.org/job/commandbook/. Click the red "Latest Unstable" button.

9. Offline

Pietyrx

Thanks! That helped a lot :D

Is there a way to open and change the server.properties file? When I try to open it it says,"There is no application set to open the document "server.properties"." Thanks in advance!

Okay also, I need help with the port forwarding, this is what the start_server.command looks like: (And no, there isn't another server already running from my router).
    16:40:38 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.6.4
    16:40:38 [INFO] Loading properties
    16:40:39 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    16:40:39 [INFO] Generating keypair
    16:40:39 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    16:40:39 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    16:40:39 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    16:40:39 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  10. Offline

Crazy_Man73

yeah, samthing happens to me and I'm using 2

11. Offline

hawkfalcon

I can't reproduce this. Odd.
    Restart your computer.

12. Offline

Coolguy8245

Well i got the bukkit server ready But I'm not able to join the server? In order for people to join do we have to be in the same connection?? Also are they any other versions then just 1.6.4? Just wondering

13. Offline

IamCanwedoit

Hey!
    Thank you so much for making this awesome tool!
    I only have one problem(picture of it attached.)
    Do you perhaps have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thank you so much! I might finally be able to make a minecraft server!!!
    You are a great help! :)
    Thanks again!
    TheCanwedoit

Attached Files:

14. Offline

Nathan2118

Is this server good for 1.7.10?
    and also am I allowed to make a donation store for my server?

15. Offline

JayJaycool

I downloaded it once and got a server then accidentally deleted it cause i thought my port wasn't working and i deleted it right before i got my port fixed so i redownloaded it and its not coming with all the files that i need in it all it comes with is start craftbukit.jar ops.jar and serverprops and when i run craftbukkit it says not allowed but I've done it before and when i do the start all its says it starts and then says process complete and doesn't let me do anything what do i do

16. Offline

LPerMitStyle

I have a problem:
    Last login: Fri Sep 12 17:49:41 on ttys000
    peggy-reimers-MacBook-Pro:~ peggyreimer$ /Users/peggyreimer/Desktop/my\ server/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    Invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit.jar
    logout

[Prozess beendet]

that ist written in my terminal
    the [Prozess beendet] is there beacouse i am german, and the computer settings language is german

17. Offline

-_Husky_-

You need to port forward your network.

Can you post the picture on http://imgur.com/ ? It's not attached.

It's fine for 1.7.10, however the jar download for the server will not work.

Delete the server.log, Start the server, Post the log here.

The downloads to everything Bukkit are down at the moment due to a DMCA request. That's why you've got that error.

Hope I helped. :)

18. Offline

Gamer111

I have the same problem hawkfalcon. Yes, i let the process finish and nothing more happened. I re-downloaded the server and everything but nothings working.:(

19. Offline

hawkfalcon

NOTE: THIS WILL _NOT_ WORK DUE TO THE DMCA TAKEDOWN.

-_Husky_- likes this.
  20. Offline

DrScream

rename craftbukkit.jar to bukkit.jar and it will work even with the eula

21. Offline

Geo70870

I did this and it didn't work please help

22. Offline

-_Husky_-

Please read this:

23. Offline

DrScream

I dont know whats wrong maybe the DMCA takedown but it worked fine for me.

24. Offline

bazz

I already have my own bukkit server and decided to try this out, but..
    /Users/myuser/Downloads/directory doesnt/untitled\ folder\ 2/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    logout

[Process completed]

25. Offline

yewhoneydew

hello hawkfalcon i love bukkit servers but on my mac i follow your instructions clearly and have watched every single youtube video on how to make it work but when i start it up it says this

command ; exit;
    logout

[Process completed]

pls help me by replying and getting me a bukkit server pls i will then keep on using them and thank you for reading this

26. Offline

yeah12134

HAWkfalcon help me
    i have a problem it says

Last login: Sat Nov 1 20:08:40 on ttys000
    /Users/igormudriy/Desktop/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    igors-mac-mini:~ igormudriy$ /Users/igormudriy/Desktop/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    logout

[Process completed]

It says that for my terminal
    everytime i load it i have tried all the options like buid and dev

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  27. Offline

xXwolfieXx

When I try to connect to my server it says Can't Connect To Server

28. Offline

Blkscorpion2

Guys you are not reading the thread. Please read the above quote!

hawkfalcon likes this.
  29. Offline

Adzkii

it's funny how people are still commenting saying it's not working when hawkfalcon said it won't work while the DMCA is still on.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  30. Offline

camrynn.m

Hey...sorry this is like a really long time from when you created this but I need to ask you a question. So I downloaded the server its working, its loading, I port forwarded it and all that. But one problem is that when I added the plugins folder and put Essentials into it and reloaded the server it did nothing. Like I put the folder "plugins" into the server file and then the plugins inside of that folder and then reloaded the server but it didn't show up. Like the plugin isn't working. Or its just the server...So if you read this could you help me? PS: Look at the attachment :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.