Plugin Help Looking for a plugin!

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Calebray_Gaming, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

I'm looking for a plugin that instead of your death message by your real name by your nickname. For example Instead of "Calebray_Gaming fell from a high place" it would say "[Nick] fell from a high place" If anyone has any ideas or any plugins that can do this please tell me.

Thanks
    -Calebray

2. Offline

glassbillen

@Calebray_Gaming
    Yes i could do that. So e.x if my nick is ILoveKalkonen it would be, ILoveKalkonen fell from a high place.?

Calebray_Gaming likes this.
  3. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

@glassbillen That would be great!!! Thanks!!!

And yes that is correct

{{Merged by moderator: Please use the Edit button next time}}

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  4. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

5. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

6. Offline

glassbillen

@Calebray_Gaming
    Been bussy irl forgot about this, i will make this for you.

It has been a while from my latest project but this in theory should change all death messages to: nickname has died by <reason>. If it looks wierd or you want another message on some death messages just tell me and ill customize them for you. As i said, it has been a while since i posted a plugin, not sure if they allowed dropbox or mediafire links, ill just take the dropbox one and hold my thumbs :D
    JAR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/khcy1rxwcrdiqlc/NickDeath.jar?dl=0
    Oh and tell me if you want the source :p.
    edit: sry for the poor english, just tell me if you dont understood a thing and i'll write it more carefully.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

@glassbillen thanks so much ill try it out now!!!!

Edit: I tried the plugin you sent me, when I loaded it in I restarted my server and tried /kill. The regular death message showed. I thought maybe It was just /kill so I tried dying in different ways they all were regular. I also tried to restart again and re-download the plugin. None of these worked, I'm not sure if its the plugin or on my side. If you need me to send you my plugins that could interfere with the plugin I can.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  8. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

If its any help I'm really behind on updates and I plan on updating my server very soon but my server to 1.8 but I'm still on 1.7.10. So if that could be a problem then I hope it helps.

9. Offline

glassbillen

Hmm, i did not test this plugin and thats why, Do you run java 1.8 or java 1.7? If its 1.7 then ill send you a new version that should work, if its 1.8 could you send me your logs?
    And you are running spigot/bukkit?, the version should not matter as i compiled with a 1.7 version.

10. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

11. Offline

glassbillen

12. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

I would like to change a few if you could make a config that would be great! But please don't make it a big priority its not that big of a deal. Thanks!

13. Offline

glassbillen

sure man :D

14. Offline

Calebray_Gaming

15. Offline

glassbillen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.