Language Translater

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Alice Sakamoto, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minecraft version: latest version

Suggested name: Language Translater

What I want in it:
    • Translation of the entire chat (messages from server, player, plugins...)
    • File with Player ID and what they choose and languages to be allowed to stay untranslated
    • Translation over Google Translater
    exaple:
    1. ID:
    2. Choosen:[choosen language]
    3. Allowed:
    4. - English
    5. - German

Ideas for commands: /Lang choose [language], /Lang allow [Language]

Ideas for permissions: LangTrans.chose ;LangTrans.allow

Thanks for help-

2. Offline

DutchJellyV2

I could probably make it. I could get to it tomorrow

3. Offline

Gosintary

I like the idea of this

4. Offline

caderapee

@Alice Sakamoto how do you want to translate message from players, or from others plugins ?
    Do you want a google translate inside a plugin ?

5. @caderapee everything the player sees is translated for him without the original message before

6. Offline

DutchJellyV2

I got really far in making it, but it turns out that the Google translate API is a paid service.

If someone knows a way around that, let me know. All the config files are in place with commands etc, only the translation and detection of language won't work with the outdated free version of the api.

For anyone interested in fixing it:
    https://pastebin.com/G7vXALGR

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Alice Sakamoto That method is using an API that gets blocked after too many calls, the amount is too low for a feature like this.
    Reason I know this: was playing with it and got locked out.

8. oh ok so it wouldn't work this way. ok

9. Offline

DutchJellyV2

And for some reason the API that I use doesn't work at all. Maybe you can find a flaw in my code, but I'm convinced it's a faulty API

10. @DutchJellyV2 ok I once added a bot on my discord server with the abillity to translate. I don't know how much it would help but if you have problems with the translation part of the plugin I would say it would be maybe a little help to see how the bot is able to translate. I mean it's only how the bot is able to translate not the triggers for that or something. Bot: https://discordbots.org/bot/translator . and to have it said don't ask me how to see how it works. I just suggested that because of if there was a possiblity or something it would help.

UnseenMC likes this.
  11. Offline

@Alice Sakamoto Using the google-translate-api, same as the other ones.

12. ok as long as it will work.

13. Offline

As pointed out before by my testing: it won't.

14. ok other possiblities at this point? cause if not there wouldn't be a single working translation plugin.

15. Offline

Find those translation plugins, see if they are instant, figure out what they use.

16. Offline

@Alice Sakamoto That last one was linked before and not working (same API)
    Same for 2
    1 might be an option, comments suggest otherwise though (translation is pricey)

17. WELL, at this point I have no Idea what else to do or search for, I am not a developer and I guess everyone here has no Idea how to do it

18. Offline

@Alice Sakamoto Translating reliable is difficult, that is why it is expensive to do things with it.
    If you are fine with paying for translations then you can go ahead, but otherwise you are stuck I think.

19. @timtower yeah, firgured it out myself already. well, if anybody finds something that is for free let me know here.

20. Offline

DutchJellyV2

Ofcourse you could use a browser to translate, but a browser ran by a server isn't efficient nor fast enough at translating to keep up with the chat.

21. and there is a better and free option? and you have an idea what to do? so the whole conversation before was useless.
    wait, you were the one who wanted to do it before. i normally don't care about time but i want to ask, how long would you need to do it?

22. Offline

UnseenMC

I found a free one but it uses google's translator API which requries you to put in credit card info.

23. @UnseenMC it means it costs something and so I won't use it. let me learn how to develop first. I learning how to make a html website but still need to learn to use java.

24. Offline

Gosintary

Hey, so what legit everyone has said so far is that there is no free option. You will have to play in some way shape or form

25. @Gosintary only if I use Online service ,but if there is no other possiblity I will do it all by myself. I mean it is then combletly free.

26. Offline

You can't just write your own translator though, you need to train it, you need to tell what is right and what is wrong, this requires some heavy machine learning what can take years to train in this case.

27. I got time. just trust me.

28. Offline

Time and knowledge is what you need.
    Besides a beast (or a couple) for the translation and learning itself.
    Next to a training database for every language that you want.
    The knowledge about machine learning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.