Inactive [INFO] MCDocs v14.3 ~ Documentation Plugin || MOTD, Local or Online Files, Your Commands [1.3.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEWS (open)

Version 11.2 released (22nd October 2011)

Version 11.2
    • Added permissions wildcard support (mcdocs.*) works for all commands.
      • Note: this only allows all commands. mcdocs.reload does not fall under this wildcard. This needs to be set separately.
    • Added some try catch around the motd: configs.
    • Fixed motd-enabled
    Version 11.1
    • Removed the spacing that occurs when you only have 1 page.
    • New variable: %time (Shows what time it is in the player's world in 12 hour format.
      • Sun rises @ 5am, Sets @ 7pm
    Version 11
    • Updated to work with PermissionsBukkit (Tested, nodes work)
    • Updated to work with Register for %balance, you will need to download the Register plugin for this to work with iConomy and various other economy plugins.
    • Optimised much of the code.
    • Updated the commands config structure, much simpler now than before. :)
    • You can now use %name, %size, %world, %group, %ip, %world, %prefix, %suffix in your file paths in the config.yml
    • Redefined the MOTD process.
      • Is now all defined within configuration
      • You can now use online files
    • Changed how logging occurs, you can toggle if you want to be informed about errors or not in the config now.
    • Group support now uses an in house permission system, where you define the groups players are in manually.
    • New permissions-enabled variable, Do you have any permissions system installed? Yes: true | No: false

DoomLord, Camberme, efstajas and 18 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tazzernator

Once bukkit has permissions as standard.

...then add a week.

3. Offline

Jobsti

Ok, thanks.

4. Offline

KiloWhiskey

This is just excellent. Thank you. :D

5. Offline

flaaghara

I was saying, that if the text is longer than one line in Minecraft, and you put a color code right where the next line starts, the game crashes. The only workaround is to put the extra text on a brand new line in the config instead of on a continuous line I guess.

6. Offline

KiloWhiskey

This was fixed already...it adds a blank space at the end of each line to force out the chance of ending in the color code...

7. Offline

highwisdom

Here's my commands.txt. All mentioned txt files exist in the same directory as commands.txt

/NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE
    /rules:rules.txt
    /tips:tips.txt
    /help:help.txt
    /motd:motd.txt
    /market:market.txt

8. Offline

Tazzernator

Yes, at the end of every line in your config, not in game.

You should be formatting your lines anyay for the pagination to work properly, as it counts how many lines are in the config, not in minecraft.

Please don't question me about LOLNotch's fail coding. It is not my fault that setup crashes the game.

Looks perfect. And it worked perfectly for me, too. :/

9. Offline

highwisdom

maybe I should specify: the "error: null" thing comes up with i manually use the /motd command. Not when it first loads as the actual MOTD on player login.

edit: problem persists with 4.3

10. Offline

Tazzernator

List all your plugins. Maybe another plugin uses the command /motd and you have not specified what it is in it's config.

Do you use something like General Essentials?

11. Offline

highwisdom

yup. that was it. I thought I'd disabled it in the config, but hadn't. disabled MOTD and the error msg went away :) much thanks!

12. Offline

Trinsec

Just upgraded to 4.3, and like the headers so far. :D

I've found one little thing that's off there. In the headerformat you have %commandname, and that variable's value has a space in front by default. Is that intended?
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 4:22 PM ---
    Oh, a little feature request.. Some varaible like %fill<characteryou want to fill the line with> ?

That way I can have stuff like ---[ NEWS ]%fill- resulting in ---[ NEWS ]-----------<amount that MCDocs can calculate>

That'd make it a lot fancier. Just consider this another challenge. :D

13. Offline

Bloq

Is there a way so that I can just edit the LIST of commands, and not what they do?

14. Offline

Tazzernator

Stop being a lazy bastard... :p -- It's not like you have to restart the server!

What?

15. Offline

Trinsec

Actally, it is for the header. ;) I don't know how long those words will be, NEWS, HELP, RULES, MOTD, etc. So the amount of characters actually vary! And some might be 1/4, 5/10, also varying lengths. See, I've got a good excuse!

Additionally, can there be a footer line? :D

16. Offline

Tazzernator

I don't know how long the line is going to be either, as

IIIII
    has a different width than

HHHHH

17. Offline

Bloq

I don't want to add commands that opens a .txt file (like rules etc) I just want to edit the list of commands that comes up when you type /help.

18. Offline

Tazzernator

Then this is not the plugin for you.

19. Offline

Trinsec

I know that, but I had seen a plugin before which could calculate the width of each and how much you'd need. I just don't remember right now which plugin it was, but it could format a list reasonably, not superb but still doable to make columns and such. Used ' and . as padding next to the spaces to place it more accurately and such.

Now if only I knew which plugin did that, mrm.. Then you probably could take a peek at it.

20. Offline

Tazzernator

After the heat I'm getting from "stealing" code from another in TimeShift, I aint looking at anything. Sorry.

Regarding your fill, It seems just too difficult for myself to do. I'm sorry.

21. Offline

Trinsec

This plugin isn't specifically for that. But then, none of the plugins around has a real help system either. In fact, there apparently is no centralized /help system and each plugin does their own thing.

However, that is where this MCDocs plugin can help out. You can make your help file manually. The advantage is that it can be formatted exactly as you want. The disadvantage is that you will have to track every command manually to make sure that they're displayed in your homemade help.txt file (or whatever name you decide to give the file for your /help).

But it does take effort. It won't display to you all the commands all your plugins currently has, you will have to track all that yourself. If you don't want to do that, then don't use this.
    I do take this effort, though. My users love me for it because they can see what they can use.
    --- merged: Jan 30, 2011 12:04 PM ---
    Just checked that TimeShift thread. The other dev was overreacting, so don't let yourself be stopped by that. If I ever can find out which plugin it was and tell you, you can always ask that plugin's dev for permission if you feel as such.

22. Offline

Bloq

Someone recommended this to me as a /help editor, so that's why I asked. So, if I create a help.txt file, I can add a list of commands there? I know it won't auto-add commands, but at least I can add them in myself. I wasn't looking for something that auto-add's plugins' commands, I was just looking for a way to edit the list.

Thanks!

23. Offline

Trinsec

Yes, you can make any topic you want. a /help that reads help.txt (or any other filename, you can configure that), and inside help.txt you make your fancy list or whatever you want to show to your users.

Do not forget to disable the /help of other plugins you are using, since they'd otherwise show along with it. Providing you wanted to use the /help command specifically.

Tazzernator likes this.
  24. Offline

Bloq

Makes sense, but I made a help.txt and added /help:help.txt (or whatever the configuration is) but it did nothing.

25. Offline

Tazzernator

Is there anything in help.txt?

26. Offline

Bloq

Yes, there is a list of some commands.

27. Offline

Trinsec

If absolutely nothing happens, can you make sure MCDocs is indeed loaded? When you start up your server, is there a line in the console that states MCDocs has been loaded?

28. Offline

Bloq

Interesting you say that. I can't seem to find a line in the console that says MCDocs loaded, but the other commands work (/rules, /registration etc.), and /plugin list states that it is loaded (it is coloured in green).

Also, when trying the command the console came up with the 'no such command exists' message.

29. Offline

Trinsec

Hmm, can you post your commands.txt in this case? Maybe a mistake snuck in there.

30. Offline

Bloq

That's what I'm thinking, but it seems fine.

/NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE/rules:rules.txt/registration:register.txt/news:news.txt/motd:motd.txt/help:help.txt/

I thought it was the '/' at the end, but before there was a 'help 2:help 2.txt' without a slash inside. I removed it and noting changed.

31. Offline

Trinsec

They're not supposed to be on one line.
    They should be like this:
    Code:
    /NULL:LEAVE.THIS.HERE
    /rules:rules.txt
    /up:usedplugins.txt
    /help:help.txt
    /motd:motd.txt
    /news:latestnews.txt
    /marking:mark.txt
    /repair:repair.txt
    /awho:who.txt
    Somehow your editor ate up the newlines. Extract that file again and edit it with something else?