[INACTIVE][TP] EpicGates v0.4.1 - Warp Gates - Now with per gate use restrictions! [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

EpicGates v0.4.1 - Warp Gates: This plugin was created to fill the need of the old WarpGates plugin that is now dead. This plugin is very new and does not have creation features within. Its current purpose is to read the old WarpGates file and give you back similar functionality that you had with WarpGates.

Download Current Version: EpicGates v0.4.1 (JAR)
    Older Versions 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1.1, 0.1

Requires
    Development is still early, more features will be added as time progresses.

***Please submit your issues and feature requests here***

Features:
    • Provide functionality similar to the old WarpGates plugin
    • Create and maintain warp gates in game.
    • Does not rely on a structure to warp you.
    • Create and maintain worlds in game.
    Gate Creation:

Creating and managing gates in game is easy. Just follow these steps.

Go to the area you want your gate to be. then issues this command:
    Code:
    /gate create test1
    Now travel to where you want your second gate to be, then issue this command:
    Code:
    /gate create test2
    Now link your gates:
    Code:
    /gate link test1 test2
    /gate link test2 test1
    And you are all set.

Allowed and Not Allowed
    You can add users or groups to the allowed and not allowed fields.

If a gate has nobody listed in the 'allowed' field, then anybody can use it.
    Once you add at least one player or group to the 'allowed' field, then only the players that match a group or player name in the 'allowed' field may use that gate.

If a player matches a group or player name in the 'not allowed' field, then they will not be able to use that gate. 'not allowed' will override 'allowed'

World Creation:
    To create a new world you issue the command:
    Code:
    /world create NewWorld
    You can then teleport to the new world with /world visit, this will allow you to create or move a gate to the world.

Say you wanted to move the gate test2 from the example above, to the new world you created. you would do the following:
    Code:
    /world visit NewWorld
    /gate move test2
    It's that simple, now test2 is in NewWorld.

NOTE: Creating a world can cause significant lag while the chunks generate, you will be notified when the world is done creating with a "world created" message.

NOTE: After creating a world, it is HIGHLY reccomended that you reload your server. A simple reload from the console will do. This will make sure all the plugins are aware of the new world.

Permissions Explained:

In order to create and edit worlds and gates a user must have - 'epicgates.admin'

Changelog:
    • Version 0.4
      • Forward Compatibility
      • Added 'allowed' and 'not allowed' functionality
    • Version 0.3
      • In-Game gate creation and editing.
      • Support for CB440+
      • In-Game world creation.
    • Version 0.2
      • Fixed some lag causing issues
      • Much more stable
      • Detects when you enter the gate better
      • Gates now have a landing site that is 1 block in the direction of the gates set direction.
      • Added a direction to the gates, any gate without a defined direction is set to N
    • Version 0.1.1
      • Fix for 2 cross linked gates.
    • Version 0.1
      • Initial Release

EmanuxJade and FrozenGhast like this.
  2. Offline

limeboy

Im on 819. that fixes the multiworld support atleast. I get many errors from this plugin in the log. I can post them if you want.

3. I am still using the 0.4.1 with #818 and it works just fine, I believe its about to break soon though once new recommended version pops out. Anyone continue this please? If this one dies we're again lacking a portal plugin. :/

4. Offline

TankFox

XcraftGates has taken up the challenge!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-tp-xcraftgate-v0-4-1-multiworldloader-teleporter-818.19828/

If anyone is looking to migrate away from EpicGates to XcraftGates I have produced a small perl program to ease the transition;

http://taps.webhop.biz/convert.pl

Move it to your EpicGates directory, run it, then copy the contents of the new XcraftGates.txt file into the gates.yml of XcraftGate. MAKE SURE THE SERVER ISN'T RUNNING WHEN YOU MODIFY GATES.YML or else it will just revert next time you shut down the server.

Windows users will need ActivePerl first!

EDIT; I've updated this script as of July 15th 2011. Fixed a positioning bug that was dealing a half-heart of damage with every jump.

If you already have gates, make a copy first and manually add them back in later! This behavior just worked for me because I'm lazy, but I can make it write out to a temp file if anyone cares

5. Offline

andrewpo

Working fine on build #827 for me - if you have issues with this build or any a few before it, it must be plugin conflict issues - EpicGates is not at fault.

I have yet to try on RB #928 though :p

Update: Works perfectly on Build #933 with pre-existing portals but the commands have stopped working so it's impossible to maintain - delete/create - any more portals.

Sadly it's now pretty much useless :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

NOOOoooo! Looks like I'll have to look to XcraftGates...

7. Offline

andrewpo

I'm now using XcraftGates and it seems to work fine doing the same thing - the weather/world tampering stuff doesn't *appear* to mess with WorldGuard, which I would rather use instead

8. Offline

Mr_H4mm3r

PLEASE MAKE THIS ACTIVE!

9. Offline

Jakky89

It's still working with Bukkit build 1060 :D
    I like this plugin very much so please continue with development :)

10. Offline

jblaske

So, I've been playing Minecraft again since the release of 1.8, and now seeing that bukkit is up to date with 1.8. I've considered bringing EpicGates back to life.

This post is a bit of a thermometer to see if there is still interest in it being around or not.

11. Offline

Flaminglynx

I'm interested :) I'd put it on my server and try it out.

jblaske likes this.
  12. Offline

jblaske

Sounds good, i'll recompile it and get it up to date - most likely tonight. Depending on if I finish up dev on my newest plugin.