[Inactive] [SEC] AutoRegionGuard v0.5 - 'Players' protect regions simply by building [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by friesnadrink, May 1, 2011.

1. Offline

friesnadrink

AutoRegionGuard- 'Players' protect regions simply by building
    Version: 0.5

This is my first go at java and I welcome any input other developers might have on my plugin. I hope you guys like it!

AutoRegionGuard is different from traditional protection plugins because players don't need to use any commands to gain its benefits. Players can 'claim' a chunk (16x16 square of blocks sky to bedrock) just by placing 16 blocks within that chunk. This protects their structures and chests from grievers/other players that they have not added to their 'friends list'. One of the hopes I have of this plugin is that mods will need to do less intervening and can instead focus on other things. Also includes /god.

Features:
    • Claimed regions are protected from other players placing/breaking blocks/lava/water
    • Unauthorized players cannot open chests in claimed regions
    • Automatically claim a chunk by placing 16+ blocks in it
    • Prevents creeper explosions if they would affect a claimed region
    • Godmode
    • Ops/Mods bypass protection
    • Right-click with 'String' (now configurable) to get chunk info
    • Right-click with 'Feather' (now configurable) to unclaim a chunk (arg.bypass allows unclaiming of others' chunks)
    Download:
    Latest Jar
    Source

Commands:
    Permission node
    Description

/arg toggle
    arg.user
    Turns on/off(default) autoclaim

/arg claim
    arg.claim
    Claim the chunk you are standing in

/arg info [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>]
    arg.user
    Get info about the chunk you are standing in or specified

/arg unclaim [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>]
    arg.user
    Unclaim the chunk you are standing in or specified

/arg friends
    arg.user
    Displays your list of friends

/arg addfriend [playername]
    arg.user
    Adds a friend to your friends list

/arg removefriend [playername]

arg.user
    Removes a friend from your friends list

/arg save
    arg.saveload
    Saves Regions.txt and FriendsList.txt

/arg load
    arg.saveload
    Loads Regions.txt and FriendsList.txt

/god [player]
    arg.god
    Enables/Disables godmode

Changelog:

Version 0.5
    • fixed an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when adding/removing friends
    • flint and steel can no longer be used to claim
    • fixed /arg toggle problem that involved typing the command twice to truly toggle
    • added explosionprotection(true/false) as an option in arg.properties
    • added protectchests(true/false) as an option in arg.properties
    • added /arg give <playername> [<world> <chunkx> <chunkz>]. Must have arg.player(and arg.bypass if you dont own it). Gives <playername> the specified chunk.

Version 0.4
    • added fire protection for claimed chunks(fire won't spread or destroy blocks in claims)
    • /arg [removeplayer, save, load, checklastonline] can all be used from the console
    • added properties file to change many different settings such as autoclaim being on/off by default
    • added a maximum for owned chunks (configurable setting, bypassed by arg.bypass)
    • fixed /arg claim permission issue
    • added /arg unclaim [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>] for long distance unclaiming
    • added /arg info [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>] for long distance info
    Version 0.3
    • /arg removeplayer [playername]. Must have arg.bypass. Removes all claims [playername] has.
    • scheduled saves (every 30min)
    • ARG now creates LastOnline.txt. Format [playername];yyyy/MM/dd/HH
    • expire regions for inactive players
    • /arg checklastonline. Must have arg.saveload. Manually executes code to expire players.
    • Changed permission node for /arg claim to arg.claim
    Version 0.2.1
    • Fixed incompatibility with EssentialsChat (Thanks iggiiggi)
    Version 0.2
    • Added chunk info tool. Must have arg.user. To use right click a block while holding
      string.
    • Added /arg info. Must have arg.user.
    • Added unclaim tool. Must have arg.user (and arg.bypass if you dont own it).To use right click a block while holding feather.
    • Added /arg unclaim. Must have arg.user (and arg.bypass if you dont own it).
    • Added /arg friends. Displays your list of friends. Must have arg.user.
    • Fixed a error when using /god on other players
    • Added /arg toggle. Must have arg.user. Turns on/off(default) autoclaim.
    Version 0.1
    • Releasing my awesome plugin
    Big thanks to @Sammy and @Samkio for their awesome tutorials and posts.

marti.2001 and GreyBishop like this.
  2. Offline

Ukito

after claiming i use: feather to declaim chank, and cant claim it again (by plasing 16 bloks)

3. Offline

Benny4298

aha aha very interesting :eek:

4. Offline

Grimmy777

How long until a chunk claim expires?

5. Offline

mjmr89

Oh mah gad this plugin is teh sux!

:) Kidding of course. Works well, but as you have seen when my house burnt down... fire protection would be AWESOME!

6. Offline

traviszech

Loving the addon! It's been very handy, but if I may request 2 features. Can you add a config file where we can specify how many blocks need to be placed before the chunk is protected, and can we specify how many day's a user must be gone before it releases there protection's. If you can add those I don't see any other addon coming close to the ease of this addon.

Thanks.

7. Offline

Tibs

I was just going to request the same thing.

Something like this in the conf would make this mod perfect:

(group):
    (world):
    - onbydefault: true
    - blocktoggle: false
    - claimblocks: 16
    - expiredays: 7
    - maxclaim: 12 (maximum number of claims per user per world)
    - cost: 100 * if server has iconomy/ 0 to disable
    - rent: 10 (per claim) * if server has iconomy/ 0 to disable
    - rentinterval: 1440 (minutes) * if server has iconomy/ 0 to disable

--

I think there is a bug in bukkit or with group manager and multiverse that is allowing people to claim land in any world regardless of permissions settings. If permissions could be defined in the configuration for the mod this would be better for me I think. (also would let people use this without having permissions or group manager, I think this would work nicely on vanilla/creative servers)

mySql support would be nice =) but not required.

Overall I really like this mod, my users really like this mod, it's simple and works.

Thanks also! =)

8. This is nice. can the chunker ownership requirement be flexible? For example, owning a chunk would require you to place no less than 1 golden block in it

You have to place 16 blocks within the same chunk. Do you kow what a chunk is?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  9. Offline

lenivets

po5
    Yes :( so i deleted this plug.. for me cuboid selection is better..

10. Offline

iggiiggi

I switched from FakePermissions to EssentialsGroupBridge and it fixed the naming problems. Great plugin, my players love it :3

11. Offline

Hook

Great plugin, love the idea of autoclaim, so users don't have to bother with commands.
    But still there are some features missing:
    - A message if a user enters a protected chunk, so he knows that this area is protected. Also for the user who claimed the chunk it is more comfortable to see where his area begins and ends without using the info tool on almost every block he placed.
    - Possibility to turn on autoclaim by default. But then there has to be a message as soon as the chunk got claimed. Maybe also configurable, to tell the user how to unclaim the chunk if he claimed the chunk only by mistake.
    - make values configurable, for example how many blocks a user has to place to claim, chunk info and unclaim tool, how many chunks a user can own in total, how many he can claim per day and so on

And if someone could also add iConomy support this plugin would be perfect :)

12. Offline

yup8

Awsome plugin!
    Multiworld suuport? wich worlds Auto-Clami will work?

anyway once this have iConomy Suppoet i will surly download it

13. /arg claim claims i don't have the right permissions if i add the permission - 'arg.claim', am i missing anything?

14. Offline

traviszech

I have the same issue.

15. Offline

Nazerb

two ideas, first a limit to the amount they can claim. 2 checks if there online and if they are, they act like unclaimed. So it is protected while offline.

16. Offline

friesnadrink

Updated to 0.4:

ChangeLog:
    added fire protection for claimed chunks(fire won't spread or destroy blocks in claims)
    /arg [removeplayer, save, load, checklastonline] can all be used from the console
    added properties file to change many different settings such as autoclaim being on/off by default
    added a maximum for owned chunks (configurable setting, bypassed by arg.bypass)
    fixed /arg claim permission issue
    added /arg unclaim [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>] for long distance unclaiming
    added /arg info [<world> <xvalue> <zvalue>] for long distance info

17. Offline

Hook

Thank you for this update! :)

18. Offline

traviszech

I've ran into a problem with the new 0.4 version. Before I go on to the error I want to say thank you for adding all of the option's that we have asked for. Now on to the error. I have set in the config file that auto-claim be on by default When users type /arg toggle it tells them that auto-claim is off, but it's still auto-claiming chunks.

19. Offline

friesnadrink

This is a minor bug caused by duplicate values getting put in an arraylist. Typing /arg toggle one more time will turn off autoclaim. This will be fixed in the next version by changing the type of list to one that doesn't accept duplicates.

20. Offline

Novae7

Hi there,

Great plugin!!!

is it possible to add an option to protect an chunk and add users to build on it but without adding them to an friendlist?

we have an CentralStation and there are 3 players who build on it but adding the other players to the friendlist makes it possible that the other players can do something in the home from each other

maybe an option to give an chunk an "fake"player?
    so i can add the chunks for the centralstation to the fakename/player and add the players as his friends?
    so the 3 players can build there nobody has one of the other as his friend and there home's are save

i hope you understand what i mean ;)

(so i dont need an extra plugin but i can protect public places)

kk i will use another plugin ;)
    i found one with an simple config

but i will use your plugin also because the autoprotect for users is nice ;)

21. Offline

Kaosthe1st

I was curious if you could add a function to disable protecting of chests because I use Lockette, and even though my friends name is on my chest he cannot access it because it is in the area I have claimed. Or you could make it compatible with Lockette but that might be going out of your way.

Thanks for your time!

22. Offline

RG_PankO

Did I understood correct:
    I make a region - 100x100 blocks.
    And me as Admin claim that only THIS user can build there.

Does it work like this?

23. Offline

Asphodan

24. Offline

friesnadrink

It shows up there because it will be an option in 0.5

25. Offline

Starhero

Once iConomy support is added, and lockette can also co exsist. I will get this addon.

If IC is added, would be cool to add in say a renting option. either to a non exsistant person or an actual person. This way those that have a money sink, can actually have one.

26. Offline

Oliver Baldock

hey, just wondering if you could add a code so when you walk out of a claimed region a message comes up and same when you walk into it, as Epic Claim has this, however this plugin is generally so much better, also could you add a tool to claim land with as well as unclaim,
    cheer; most useful plugin I've found so far

27. Offline

bombzero

seems good but there is a flaw. people often work cooperativly on my server so this would ruin that. however a automatic protect script is genius. keep workin on it

28. Offline

Jacko!

Plugin worked for a while, but i had to remove it cause its giving an error.

Code:
    [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'arg' in plugin AutoRegionGuard v0.4
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:718)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at net.peoplero.arg.ARG.onCommand(ARG.java:243)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    Also it doesnt like Lockette, people cant open there chest and also had a problem where it wouldnt recognised land claimed by people.

Had to remove it, think it was also crashing the server, alls fine now after removal.
    The idea is good but , its not much use for people who play together.

Please implement protection for mutiusers and an option to claim in x3 block radius instead of top to bedrock.

29. Offline

unversed

This plugin needs to be fixed!!!
    players with a flint can claim areas with extreme speed by setting stuff on fire, please remove flint.

30. Offline

theheyway

This plugin is just what I needed! Thank you! Would it be possible to have an optional feature to have regions not spawn mobs, as well as particular permissions for that option?

Oh, another question, would it be possible to make it so that you can access chests in certain areas? Another thing that would be very useful is admin-definable, un-claimable chunks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  31. Offline

friesnadrink

ChangeLog:
    fixed an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when adding/removing friends
    flint and steel can no longer be used to claim
    fixed /arg toggle problem that involved typing the command twice to truly toggle
    added explosionprotection(true/false) as an option in arg.properties
    added protectchests(true/false) as an option in arg.properties
    added /arg give <playername> [<world> <chunkx> <chunkz>]. Must have arg.player(and arg.bypass if you dont own it). Gives <playername> the specified chunk.