[INACTIVE][MECH] RedRemote 0.3 - Remote Control your Redstone Logics (now with config!) [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by narrowtux, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Offline

narrowtux

RedRemote v0.3
    RedRemote is a simple but effective plugin that can be used to remote control your redstone logics.
    Usage
    Show Usage (open)

You have to build something like this:
    This is the sender block, a redstone Wire is in front of it. The side on which you place the redstone wire is important, if thesSignal should be sent north, the wire has to be on the sourthern side of the block.
    2011-03-07_19.12.10.png
    This is the receiver block, the lever is required!
    2011-03-07_19.12.17.png
    Now, when you give an input to the diamond block, the lever will switch and you have a redstone signal at the other side!
    This works into every direction (up, down, north, east, south, west), so it can be used also to travel a signal up- and downwards.

Video
    Thanks @jamescosten for this nice review!

Example Configuration file
    Show Configuration (open)

The config-file has to be created in plugins/RedRemote/redremote.cfg
    If there's no file, the standard configuration will be used.
    PLEASE EDIT THIS FILE!
    Code:
    sender=DIAMOND_BLOCK
    receiver=DIAMOND_BLOCK
    distance=200

The block-type depends on the Material-Enum-Types. You can find them here.

Download
    RedRemote.jar
    Source on github.com
    Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)

Version 0.3
    • Configuration file added.
    • Debug messages removed.
    Version 0.2.1
    • Levers can be used again!
    Version 0.2
    • If there's no lever at the receiverblock, it will trigger a redstone event to support plugins that can handle this event (for example my other plugin MagnetBlock)
    Version 0.1
    • First release!

2. Offline

Lupo cani

Yes, I understood that with the current idea.
    There is of course no difference with the sign-idea, but i didn't think of that for some reason. Weird, I don't remeber wath I was thinking at all. Anyway, my misstake.

3. Offline

mcferson

does it support obstacle on the... signal way ?

4. Offline

Vas

Ohgodno! Please tell me this one wasn't abandon! Of all the mods I loved, this was one of my absolute favorite!

5. Offline

Matteius

narrowtux
    I know this mod hasn't been updated, or needed it, in a long time -- with 1.2 finally breaking it do you think you will have time for an update? I know you're not planning on updating your mods until 1.2 is in recommended, and by no means am I interested in rushing you -- I'm merely curious if this mod will see continuation.