[INACTIVE][MECH] Portcullis 1.2a [493+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Meldanor, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Meldanor

Portcullis - Build your own gates
    Version 1.2a
    This plugin gives you the possibility to build a Portcullis for an entrance of you castle or something like that.​
    Features:
    -Create a portcullis by creating the border and use a command​
    -Use buttons and levers to close/open your portcullis​

Installation:

Only copy the JAR-file in your plugins folder

How to Use:

To create a portcullis you have to make a border consisting of every material( but no Air) you want. Now facing the place where the gate will appear, you are tipping in your chat the command:
    /portcullis create NAME
    For name you've to use a unique name for your world.
    Now there are appearing fences, representing the gate.

Of course you want to controll the portcullis. Create a stonebutton or a lever where ever you want and face it
    Use the command to bind the button to the portcullis:
    /portcullis bind NAME
    The name must be the same as the portcullis has.

If you want to unbind the button, use the command in the same way, but write
    /portcullis unbind NAME

To delete a portcullis and unbind all buttons linked with it, tip in
    /portcullis remove NAME

To see all existing portcullises, use
    /portcullis list

To list all commands, use
    /portcullis help

Instead of /portcullis you are now possible to use only /pc for a better handling

Images
    My texturepack I use is Misa Texturepack, you can find it here
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=73861

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download:

See attachted files for the source(I use NetBeans to create the plugin, so it's a NetBeans project) and the jar File. Just unzip them to use them.

Changelog:

Version 1.2a:
    Fixed the bug, that when a portcullis isn't sucessfully created, that the portcullis is also saved.

Version 1.2 :
    Added support for 493's Bukkit
    Added a help command to list all commands and a command to list all existing portcullises
    Added message, that the portcullis was removed
    Improved binding/unbinding the buttons by using the block, the player has in target instead the button in front of the player(so, just look at the block you want to bind)
    Give the user the choice, to tip /portcullis or just /pc for a short cut
    Some minor fixes

Version 1.1 : Added a function to remove an existing portcullis.
    Fixed some minor bugs
    Added support for Bukkits Version 472+

Version 1.0a : Added check if the save file exists and create file if not.

Version 1.0 : The official release with all features I wanted to include

Attached Files:

Coram, Travis_Hironak and NoFear13 like this.
  2. Offline

LlmDl

Using craftbukkit 420, this plugin doesn't work anymore.

3. Offline

Wolfy9247

The download link you give, Avast detects it as "url: malware" -- Just a heads up.

4. Offline

mrtankjump

Gates still work perfect for east/west, but north/south gates cannot be created.

5. Please remove your old constructor:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/oops-i-broke-your-plugins.599/#post-70677

Now your Plugin works anymore, in the new Build:
    2011-02-25 23:37:43 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Portcullis.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: portcullis.PortcullisMain.<init>()
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:75)
    ... 8 more

Thank you.

6. Avast said your download link was a threat? Either way, now it won't let me download it, is there an alternative mirror?

7. Offline

Racha

Is this working? :?

8. I still need another mirror, because I don't want to disable my avast and it won't let me go to the download link lol

9. Offline

chernobyl360

Code:
    14:59:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    14:59:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    14:59:28 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    14:59:28 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-472-
    g53b258e-b456jnks (MC: 1.3)
    14:59:28 [INFO] Preparing level "World"
    14:59:28 [INFO] Preparing start region
    14:59:29 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\milkAdmin.jar in plugins: null
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.Snowl.org.milkBukkit.milkBukkit.
    <init>()
    ava:75)
            ... 8 more
    14:59:29 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Portcullis.jar in plugins: null
    ava:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: portcullis.PortcullisMain.<init>()
    ava:75)
            ... 8 more
    14:59:29 [INFO] Bukkit Flow Control version 0.0.2 loaded.
    14:59:29 [INFO] Loading map 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer'...
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.CaveTileRenderer'...
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loading map 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer'...
    14:59:30 [INFO] Dynmap WebServer started on null:8123
    14:59:30 [INFO] Elevators version 1.3.1 is enabled!
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 224 by Zenexer, ementalo, Eris, and Bret
    tflan
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsHome build 224 by Zenexer, ementalo, Eris, and
    Brettflan
    14:59:30 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 224 by Zenexer, ementalo, Eris, and
     Brettflan
    14:59:30 [INFO] TimeAnnounce version 0.9 is enabled :)
    14:59:30 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.0-beta2 enabled.
    14:59:30 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configura
    tion file for permissions.
    14:59:30 [INFO] Done (0.154s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    15:00:00 [INFO] Current time is: 14:00
    >

NULL Error

10. Offline

Meldanor

Added support for Bukkit Version 472 and higher.
    Now you can delete existing portcullises
    Removed the long constructor.
    And I can fully promise you, that in my jar is no virus or some maleware.
    But I give you another download link for rapidshare.

11. Offline

jwideman

472?!? Whatever happened to supporting the current recommended build, which is 440?

That's fine as long as it still works with the recommended build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  12. Offline

chernobyl360

Here use this

Dropbox.com

Works great,Looks Professional. You Using RapidShare and filebeam just makes you look guilty of viruses :/

sorry had to be said. so please use dropbox. upload it to your public folder. then give us the public link. i use it all the time for my Texture Pack on Minecraftforums.

13. Someone needs to make a youtube video tutorial for this plugin. I've tried everything, standing everywhere, making the gate in every direction and i can't get it to work.

14. Offline

LlmDl

Can we get links to the 1.1 version. Your download links to the .jar go to version 1.0a and a deadlink. Thanks!

15. Offline

Greedish

Finally got it to work. You have to stand directly in front of the hole you want to fill in with the gate, like if you walked one step forward you'd be in the hole.

16. Offline

Codisimus

this is a great plugin once you figure out how to use it. im gonna make a video tutorial tonight and ill post it here.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 10:13 PM ---
    here is a link to a video tutorial i made
    http://www.sites.google.com/site/codysserver/tutorials
    it is on my servers website, i hope it helps.

Also, i suggest having the option of gates closing and opening at certain times (gates close at night and open again in the morning) or also close after being open for a certain amount of time.

17. Offline

CaptainExcel

All sorted now, was conflicting with some stupid custom commands I'd implemented... :D

18. Offline

Meldanor

I'm on a short vacation(2 Days, wohoo...) and will use this time to improve my plugin.
    The idea with the night/day auto closing is very cool, thanks for the suggestion. I will to, what I can.

19. Offline

NickBrahz

These commands are waaay to sensitive, i had to issue the bind lever command about 20 times before it finally made it, some for making the portcullis, and now the command to delete or unbind wont work.

2011-03-03 03:51:42 [INFO] NickBrahz tried command: portcullis delete Den
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 9:00 AM ---
    This is so dam annoying to bind a lever, maybe make it just a command instead of having to place it, type the command in 50 times trying to get it to work.

This is how i have tried the levers with the command, i keep on getting "You are not facing a button or lever to bind it!"
    2011-03-03_19.57.57.png 2011-03-03_19.58.05.png

20. Offline

Codisimus

i also cannot get the delete command to work. is it much different than creating?

EDIT: current code to delete a portcullis is remove (/portcullis remove NAME) not delete. and i don't believe there is any confirmation that it was deleted except for on the server and that it will actually disappear.

21. Offline

Joseph

I second that

22. Offline

Meldanor

Added new version, here is the changelog:

Added support for 493's Bukkit
    Added a help command to list all commands and a command to list all existing portcullises
    Added message, that the portcullis was removed
    Improved binding/unbinding the buttons by using the block, the player has in target instead the button in front of the player(so, just look at the block you want to bind)
    Some minor fixes

23. Offline

Codisimus

the portcullis is saved whether it is created or not.

Code:
    Portcullis portcullis = new Portcullis(split[2],player);
    PortcullisSaveSystem.addPortcullis(portcullis);
    if (!portcullis.getBlocks().isEmpty())
         player.sendMessage("You've created a " + portcullis.getDimension() + " Portcullis.");

should be changed to

Code:
    Portcullis portcullis = new Portcullis(split[2],player);
    if (!portcullis.getBlocks().isEmpty())
         PortcullisSaveSystem.addPortcullis(portcullis);
         player.sendMessage("You've created a " + portcullis.getDimension() + " Portcullis.");

otherwise if the area is too wide then you have to remove it even though it was never created.

24. Offline

Meldanor

Thank you Codisimus for posting this error.
    I've fixed that in the version 1.2a, which is already up.
    Now I sit on a better way to bind/unbind buttons and place the portcullises.

25. Offline

Wanny

Awesome mod Meldanor. However one of my gate make the server crash. I have all the requirements you listed. Other gates are working as intended so far.
    This is the gate before creation, and after creation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Code:
    09:31:50 [GRAVE] java.lang.IllegalStateException: TickNextTick list out of synch
    09:31:50 [GRAVE] at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1513)
    09:31:50 [GRAVE] at net.minecraft.server.World.g(World.java:1433)
    09:31:50 [GRAVE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:348) 09:31:50 [GRAVE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272) 09:31:50 [GRAVE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366) 09:31:50 [GRAVE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: TickNextTick list out of synch
                  at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1513)
                  at net.minecraft.server.World.g(World.java:1433)
                  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:348)
                  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)

26. Offline

Meldanor

Have you linked both gates with one button?

27. Offline

Wanny

Exactly. I like having an extra thick gate. ;)

But if making one layer door can fix it for now, I don't mind.

EDIT: yep looks like that's why it bugs a bit. Because I'm only making double layer gates and I bind to one lever.

28. Offline

Meldanor

Yes, I've tested it on my own server, but at first moment, I don't know how to fix it. Something with the threads.

29. Offline

Wanny

np no hurry thanks for quick response. :)

30. Offline

Codisimus

I think it was with v1.1 but I was able to link 4 gates to one button to create a jail cell. I never had any issues with it crashing, it works perfectly.

31. Offline

Nomadikhan

ok I love this, your frist release wouldn't work for me but revisiting it yay! it works! Whats better, using fences, they don't burn... after you make a gate, remove the top of the arch and put lava on it.... open the gate lava trap falls, close gate, lava is removed but the source lava trap is still there.

This lets you put lava on top of gates making a permanent resusable lava trap.... noobs will think twice before opening your gate now huh

Joseph likes this.