[INACTIVE][MECH] MessageTimer v1.3-beta3- Message Broadcaster [556+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Stmeter, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Stmeter

Current Version: 1.3-beta3.

MessageTimer allows you to send a message to all your users every x seconds of your choosing. You can also send a custom message to each group using GroupManager!

Download:
    Code:
    http://stmeter.org/projects/MessageTimer/MessageTimer-1.3-beta3.zip

Features:
    • Custom Sentence
    • Editable Intervals
    • Send different messages to groups, using GroupManager
    Commands:
    • /globalmessage - Returns the current message
    Configuration:
    1. Open messagetimer.properties
    2. Change seconds, to your choosing. If you want minutes, multiply the minutes you want by 60. For example if you want a message to go off every hour, make the seconds 3600
    3. Change sentence to your choosing. Make sure you are using ! instead of & or § for colors
    More extensive configuration is located in the properties file.

Changelog:
    • Fixed for Bukkit 533+, removed unnecessary events.
    • Updated for new Bukkit, code has been redone. Easier to use.
    • Fixed version 1.3, Permissions is no longer supported. Use GroupManager(v1.3-beta1)
    • Support for Minecraft 1.3 and Bukkit 430+(v1.3)
    • Added Permissions Support. Added interval between messages(v1.2)
    • Added support for multiple messages(v1.1)
    • Initial Release(v1.0)
    Links:
    • For color codes use this.
    Known Issues(New):
    • When you start your server, MessageTimer disables, then reenables. Although it works fine, fix is coming soon!
    Plans:
    Soon, I would like to move away from using messy properties file's and use the YML format. In addition, I would like to support Permissions again as well as making the Custom Messages for each group work better.

Please report any bugs you may find. I will fix them ASAP.

AnjoCaido and GameFAQsRolo like this.
  2. Offline

Kaikz

I guess this fills in the rMotD gap made from hMod -> Bukkit, thanks!

3. Offline

ShaDooM

Can it just broadcast 1 message or can i just add several messages which will change automatically?

4. Offline

GamerX

Same question as ShaDooM

5. Offline

Stmeter

Updated to support multiple messages. Just add a \n after your message, then you can write another.

6. Offline

Firestar

7. Offline

Stmeter

8. Offline

averad

Stmeter would it be possible to add permissions support and add an option to send custom messages to each group of users? (I.E Moderators,Admins,Default all can get separate messages).

9. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

You might want to change the download link. It says 1.1, but it really points to 1.0 I spent like a good 30 minutes trying to make multiple messages only to realize the version I had was the older one :p

EDIT: it was a silly mistake on my part, should have read the filename when I downloaded it, didn't catch it til I saw #Properties for MessageTimer v1.0 in the config file. lol

EDIT #2: Suggestion. Could you make the plugin cycle through messages? Right now all the text just spams out in one go. It would be really nice if it took the time variable and did message 1 then x seconds later message two, then x seconds later message three. So on and so forth.

10. Offline

Stmeter

I'll try to implement both of these ideas. I may not have a release until this weekend.

11. Offline

Slide974

12. Offline

Stmeter

13. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

Thanks for the plugin. It was exactly what I needed to announce upcoming changes since no one looks at our forum. [​IMG]

14. Offline

iMatthew2

what are the permissions nodes?

15. Offline

enkryptor

If I made beginner tips with this plugin, would it be possible for players to get rid of them?

16. Offline

Stmeter

There aren't any nodes, you just fill out the groups in the configuration for MessageTimer.

What do you mean get rid of them?

17. Offline

enkryptor

To let any player decide — to see beginner tips or not to see.. To implement a possibility to turn off these tips.

18. Offline

Stmeter

I guess the point is to make sure that players see messages. I'll setup a command in the next version that allows users to turn on/off the broadcasting.

19. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

The 1.3 builds of CB are throwing this warning with MessageTimer 1.2
    Code:
    2011-02-24 20:19:04 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.bukkit.Stm
    eter.MessageTimer.MessageTimer(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File
    , File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of Messa
    geTimer to remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)

20. Offline

Latros

Does this work with CB 424+? (439 atm)

21. Offline

Stmeter

Updated for latest Minecraft

22. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

Something is wrong with MessageTimer 1.3. On server start, it throws the following error. In the meantime, I've switched back to MessageTimer 1.2 which is working fine with CB #440 aside from the nag warning.
    Code:
    2011-02-24 23:29:34 [INFO] NoHealtth Permission system not enabled. Disabling pl
    ugin.
    2011-02-24 23:29:34 [INFO] NoHealth version 1.2 is disabled!
    2011-02-24 23:29:34 [WARNING] Plugin 'NoHealth' (ver 1.2) is registering events
    before it is enabled. It may be misbehaving and the author needs to fix this.
    2011-02-24 23:29:34 [SEVERE] ENTITY_DAMAGEDBY_BLOCK (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ENTITY_DAMAGEDBY_BLOCK
            at com.bukkit.Stmeter.NoHealth.NoHealth.onEnable(NoHealth.java:73)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:140)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:426)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:79)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:60)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:187)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:174)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:120)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:227)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

23. Offline

Stmeter

Whoops, I accidentally compiled the wrong project. I'll have a release later today/early tomorrow. For some reason the getGroup in Permissions is acting weird, so I'll have to look into an alternative. Sorry about the delay!

Updated, this time I compiled the right project [​IMG] As stated, Permissions is no longer supported. Please use Group Manager instead.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  24. Offline

Kene

25. Offline

Racha

This won't work with permissions???? :( Whyyy!!!
    I Really need this :(

26. Offline

Stmeter

That's not an error, it still works fine even though it says that. I have fixed that in the latest version though.

The getGroup method in Permissions 2.1 is deprecated. GroupManager is so much better in my opinion. You can even use GroupManager, and it acts almost the same was as Permissions. Another reason is that Nijikokun is not active anymore. I plan to release a version where you can choose between GroupManager or Permissions when I can either figure out a way to fix it, or when Niji updates it.

27. Offline

Ace

When I open messagetimer.properties, I get all this stuff with invalid characters which is very hard to read, and when you said 'Change the times to prefered,' there were no times to change in the document, also where would I add the messages I wanted?

Could I just have an example of the format? So I could just copy past where they needed to go. Thanks.

28. Offline

Soul Reaper

player command error using latest CB

29. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

MessageTimer 1.3 b1 errors with the updated GroupManager 1.0 a3 and CB #493.
    Code:
    15:53:35 [SEVERE] org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getPermissionHandler()
    Lcom/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler; loading MessageTimer v1.3 (Is it up t
    o date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getPermissi
    onHandler()Lcom/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler;
            at com.bukkit.Stmeter.MessageTimer.MessageTimer.setupPermissions(Message
    Timer.java:50)
            at com.bukkit.Stmeter.MessageTimer.MessageTimer.onEnable(MessageTimer.ja
    va:99)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    .java:414)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)

30. Offline

SimplisticBeing

CB 493
    Group Manager 1.0 A2

Code:
    22:27:22 [SEVERE] org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getPermissionHandler()
    Lcom/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler; loading MessageTimer v1.3 (Is it up t
    o date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getPermissi
    onHandler()Lcom/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler;
            at com.bukkit.Stmeter.MessageTimer.MessageTimer.setupPermissions(Message
    Timer.java:50)
            at com.bukkit.Stmeter.MessageTimer.MessageTimer.onEnable(MessageTimer.ja
    va:99)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    .java:414)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)