[INACTIVE][MECH] EekRunes v1.4.0.19 - Runecraft Port (Now reads magic.dat!)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Eeketh, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Eeketh

**WORK IN PROGRESS**
    The latest version can always be downloaded from here:
    www.seinfinium.net/Eek/EekRunes.jar

Code can be obtained from https://github.com/Eeketh/EekRunes

I am attempting to port the below to Bukkit, because there's a lot of functionality I've been missing.
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Runecraft
    (Note: the original Runecraft mod is by Superllama. He doesn't intend to port anything until Notch releases the API, so it looks like this will be the only Runecraft for Bukkit)

So far, only the 7 below runes have been ported:
    • Secret Passages
    • Waypoints/Teleporters
    • Compass
    • Oracle
    • Freezer Rune
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Power Tool (power pick/shovel)
    Runes can also be loaded/unloaded using the following commands:
    • /eekRuneAdd <name>
    • /eekRuneDel <name>
    • /eekRuneReload <name>
    • /eekRuneList will list all the loaded runes
    Please note that the rune name when loading is case sensitive.

Runes can be switched on/off by editing the settings.ini file created when you first run the plugin.
    If more runes are added after you have run the program, they will be added to your settings.ini file as disabled.

Note: There are some slight differences with the way my hidden passages work:

1) The keystone is always used as the "ink". Whatever the keystone is made of, the entire door will be made of.
    (note: I believe the previous system either used it as ink, or a key you needed to use, depending on how rare the block was. Nobody I know uses keys, so I didn't think it important)
    2) The door activation can now be triggered by redstone.
    3) If you right-click the keystone while holding a redstone torch, you will ONLY be able to open the door with redstone - right-clicking will not work.
    (this is to keep secret doors harder to find)

Credits:
    Superllama - Original Runecraft creator.
    @MRH - code to read from Runecraft's data file.
    @Herr Riz - NotRunecraft code

2. Offline

Grandcruiser

Yup! Works perfectly fine now! Thanks a lot MRH!

3. Offline

shadowx

Anyone having issues with the Leafblower, mine shaft and flying runes?

I will make the runes perfectly according to both images and youtube vids (from the official wiki of the older runecraft plugin) and when right clicking the activation block nothing happens, or in the case of the mineshaft it triggers an oracle rune event telling me the cobblestone is tier one and then nothing else.

Other power tools work like the pick/shovel, teleporters, hidden doors also work.

My ini file has everything set to "true"

Any ideas?

Running on bukkit snapshot 0.0.1 and AFAIK latest java. I dont see any related errors in console and no message is given on screen. The rune is unaffected when i try to activate and i have tried the axe and it definitely is not powered and i certainly cant fly so i know nothing is happening. I have grabbed the Eek Runes download from the OP so it is latest too.

4. Offline

MRH

Bukkit: 0.0.0-336-g76c531d-b261
    Java: 1.6.0_23

No Problem :)
    But thanks Eeketh too!
    --- merged: Feb 6, 2011 7:08 PM ---
    I think you have to be patient.

5. Offline

shadowx

Ah my bad :( Is there a roadmap for the project?

6. Offline

Grandcruiser

Oh, yes. Of course! Thank you Eeketh for your awesome work on this plugin! :D

7. Offline

Nyutan

I can't seem to make a hidden passage with this.. and it's not porting my hidden passages from magic.dat?

8. Offline

MRH

Nop. Only Waypoints and Teleporter.

9. Offline

similardilemma

Any chance you'll make this world-aware? It would be awesome if you could configure EekRunes to allow or disallow runes on a per-world basis, and choose whether or not to allow teleporters / waypoints to work between worlds.

Edit: Actually, it looks like world related API methods may have been changed on you. I'm getting this when starting my server (craftbukkit build 271, newest EekRunes):

Code:
    Feb 7, 2011 10:27:37 AM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager loadPlugins
    SEVERE: Could not load plugins/EekRunes.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:78)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:82)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:48)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:167)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:154)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:106)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:76)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()[Lorg/bukkit/World;
            at com.bukkit.Eek.Rune.stringToLoc(Rune.java:65)
            at com.bukkit.Eek.WarpRune.loadState(WarpRune.java:215)
            at com.bukkit.Eek.WarpRune.<init>(WarpRune.java:33)
            at com.bukkit.Eek.EekRunes.<init>(EekRunes.java:53)
            ... 13 more

10. Offline

peasantlord

Well.. it looks like my problem resolved itself. I shutdown my runecraft world yesterday and re-copied the magic.dat over and it works great this time. /shrug

I guess there must have been something wrong with my file when I was trying it the other night.

Thanks again for taking a look at it MRH. Really liking the plugin so far.. Great work Eeketh! I wish we could convert our existing secret passages.. but at least those aren't too terribly hard to recreate.

11. Offline

Nyutan

How do you make Hidden doors with Eekrunes?

12. Offline

Eeketh

Update:
    Should now work with multiple worlds.
    (Converting from magic.dat reads everything into the first world in the list, so might not necessarily be the one you want it for!)

Once the permissions system is implemented, I plan to make permissions to everything customisable, per-world customisability sounds good :)

Should be the same as Runecraft, but activating it works a little differently.

13. Offline

Deklin

I'm also having the same issue. 271 + 1.4.0.8 eekrunes
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 9:33 PM ---
    Scratch that, my 1.4.0.8 download was cached so it was 1.4.0.7
    all set now

14. Offline

Nyutan

It's not working for me, I can't seem to create one.

15. Offline

Eeketh

Is it definitely enabled? Is there any error in the log? :s

16. Offline

MRH

No Problem :)

17. Offline

Nyutan

No errors, and It's enabled.

18. Offline

Revantine

I'm getting this error running the version currently available. Oddly enough, it worked last night.

Feb 8, 2011 9:32:33 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager loadPlugins
    SEVERE: Could not load plugins/EekRunes.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:78)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:82)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:156)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:143)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:186)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:76)
    ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()Ljava/util/List;
    at com.bukkit.Eek.MagicDatReader.generateData(MagicDatReader.java:100)
    at com.bukkit.Eek.MagicDatReader.convert(MagicDatReader.java:73)
    at com.bukkit.Eek.FormatConverter.convert(FormatConverter.java:38)
    at com.bukkit.Eek.EekRunes.<init>(EekRunes.java:52)
    ... 13 more

19. Offline

Geremy

hay guys im wondering if you can help me,
    im running a debian server
    my mods include
    MinecartManiaAdminControls
    MinecartManiaCore
    MinecartManiaSignCommands
    EekRunes
    BiomeBukkit
    and im having an issue with this mod. i dont have the magic.dat file, nore do i know where to get it, as it doesent seem to be included with runecraft and i dont recall needing such a file on my old server befor i ran bukkit. i deleted it and created a blank magic.dat, guess the mod doesent make its own?

any way the issue im having is that the ruse can be created just fine and activated but i cant seem to use them.
    as in power tool only mines/digs 1 block as normal.
    and passages get made but do not close/open but when i destroy a passage it sais it got destroyed.

so i guess it only half works, am i missing something? or do i need this magic.dat? if so where can i obtain it?

thanks.

20. Offline

Eeketh

@Geremy
    The magic.dat just allows you to convert from runecraft, it's not needed.
    Power tool & door worked last time I used them :s Will test them today to make sure nothing's broken them.

Also, just to keep you all up to date, next on my to-do list is to put runes in the data folder, so you can update an individual rune or add your own ones - that way everyone can join in making their own runes so you might get updates more regularly :)

21. Offline

MRH

Sounds nice :)
    But how are you able to define what action those trigger?

22. Offline

Gesh

Any chance we can get a configurable option for the Power Runes? I want my Power Pickaxe to go after 20 uses not 5 or however many it is at the moment :)

thanks.

nice plugin btw.

23. Offline

Eeketh

@Gesh It's 7 * tier, so with diamonds used in the rune it's 42 uses.

I will look into more configuration options though...

24. Offline

Revantine

I found that after I update craftbukkit my error went away. I also wanted to let you know that my runecraft magic.dat converted well with 1.4.0.9. Thank you!

approx 40925 chunks
    88 teleports, 35 waypoints

25. Offline

Metamist

It's working great! Good job on this Eek :D

Could u work on Flight/Faith the next rune u make :D
    Oh and by the way, Freeze rune doesn't seem to react, i have the latest and i did make it exactly how it looked like on the image. :S Fix this as soon as u can.

*EDIT* I see, the freezer doesn't require Ice, it require water. guess i was wrong

26. Offline

stolen_insanity

I too, would really like Faith :D

27. Offline

Vittek

Not sure what happen there, but my waypoint file got wiped and eekrunes tells me it can't write to it no more and it might be write protected? (It's not)

Using craftbukkit 293 and latest eekrunes..

28. Offline

Eeketh

Did you upgrade from a really old version or something? I just turned off the converter because I assumed everyone would have updated by now :s

29. Offline

Vittek

Well lets try it here :D No I kept my stuff pretty updated. This happen today after I went from Bukkig 288 or so to 293, the waypoint.ini file is blank now, while the other ini files all some to be ok.

30. Offline

Eeketh

I made a temporary fix for the bug now...
    The issue I found was related to multiple worlds - If you create a waypoint in nether for example, and EekRunes loads before the Nether does, it has no location for the rune, and errors when trying to save back to the file.

The temporary fix just makes it ignore Nether waypoints/teleports if Nether loaded after EekRunes.

Unfortunately, this isn't gonna help you get your waypoints back :( Please say you made a backup or something?

31. Offline

Geremy

its strange. ive got it semi working.
    i can make a door rune and it works fine but if i restart the server it stops workin,
    i get an error message saying that it couldent load door rune on server start