[INACTIVE][MECH] ClassicFluids v3.1 - Make fluids behave like Minecraft Classic [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mindless728, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Offline

mindless728

Inactive, will be posting ClassicFluids using my new fluid system FluidFlow, it will be a few days

Loomis and SAMDAN like this.
  2. Offline

David PRitchett

Aha! You're right, once we chipped away at some of the stones we made it work ok.

I don't have a lot of experience with Classic mode.. In fact, the only experience I have is from watching Youtube videos.

So, perhaps there is no way to make what I'm looking for work. But, here it is.

The issue with the fluids last night, once we got it working, was that the main water level of our world rose about 10 blocks.

What we would were hoping for is that water at Sea Level wouldn't rise.... and water below sea level would rise to sea level, given the proper path/water source.

I know there are min/max levels in the properties file.. but how do I determine which level I'd like to see the water rise to and stop in my world? Is there a way to tell which level I'm currently standing on? (sorry if this doesn't make any sense).

Secondly.. right beside the "sea" in our world is a castle. Around this castle is a moat. It would be nice if we could fill this moat up.. The issue is that the moat is higher than the sea level. So.. I'm thinking this isn't possible?

Sorry for the long email! Thanks for your work!

David

3. Offline

mindless728

well the heights for for changing how the fluid acts above and below that height that way you could have the world flooded to a certain level, but above it it can't flood

so if you wanted flooding up to height 80 you would set the height to 80 and set below to CLASIC and above to either BETA or NO_FLOW

but yeah, this plugin wasn't (and is not intended) for that usage

4. Offline

David PRitchett

How do you determine what level you're currently at inside the world? Do I have to go trial and error to determine the level that my "sea" is currently at?

Is the Fluids script you're working on going to behave more like real water? It sounds cool!

5. Offline

mindless728

its going to allow more control over the fluids as it will be script based (think easy programming) as to allow more control and so i don't have to add features myself except for functions in the scripting language

6. Offline

PopeUrban

Any progress updates on this?

I'm attempting to set up a system on my server that will essentially create a lava "sea level" at 10 elevation, allowing lava to flow fairly endlessly laterally, in effect making the creation of an infinite lava source doable just like an infinite water source, and also making mining at extreme depths more hazardous.

Basically, I'm wanting lava at 10 or below to behave like normal SMP water. Is there any way to adjust the fluid dynamics on the fly to swap those water/lava flow behaviors?

7. Offline

mindless728

not yet on the fly as i am waiting for Bukkit to have a permission system built in, though you can change the configuration file when the server is down then start it back up

8. Offline

PopeUrban

I guess I should have explained that better.

I'm basically wanting lava to spread as if it were SMP water below 10 elevation. In essence, it would be as if your plugin here had CLASSIC_WATER, and BETA_WATER as fluid types that could be applied to lava.

I haven't taken a tour through your sources yet to see how you're implementing what you've got here, but as a person who's gone over fluids already I figured I'd ask if it was possible to swap out some values on the blocks in question, or if it would necessiate an entire rewrite like what you're doing for the custom fluids.

9. Offline

mindless728

i see, you want the lava to spread at the speed of water, this would be impossible for SMP based as i can't control the run-off from the sources, though i could change the plugin to not use BLOCK_FLOW and use a separate runnable to handle it

yeah, i think i am getting a lot of experience with fluids in minecraft as i am working on RealFluids as well as this (think fluid volumes running from one location to another) and CustomFluids which eventually will supersede this plugin when i get some of the implementation done

10. Offline

TankFox

This crashes out in the latest CB!

11:53:49 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-506-g4e9d448-b522jnks (MC: 1.3)

11:53:50 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/ClassicFluids.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException

This makes me so sad, classic fluids one of the most fun mods I have, I'll sincerely miss it while it's out.

Put up a donate button, when it works again I'll give you ten bucks :D

Also, I just started using CraftBukkitUpToDate, and it says that it doesn't have a source for this plugin, would that be possible? I'd love to be able to get the next version downloaded automatically!

11. Offline

mindless728

I'll get this moved to the new version tonight (as well as add a donate button)

i'll look into the CraftBukkitUpToDate

12. Offline

TankFox

Wow, you're fantastic! I like what I've seen so far regarding RealFluids, though I'm really enamored with the behavior of ClassicFluids. I would humbly beg that should ClassicFluids be ultimately discontinued for RealFluids to take over it's functionality (optionally of course, turned on in settings), I would really enjoy RealFluids above the 64 mark, with ClassicFluids down below.

My server is as creative as I can get, I use wands, god mode, give all the time. I'm making fantastic artwork, and ClassicFluids is indispensable for placing large scale objects in water using MCEdit and then allowing water to flow in naturally around the base. I don't know what I'd do without it anymore!
    [MERGETIME="1299713280"][/MERGETIME]
    Press F3! You'll get a diagnostic display that shows your position down to a ridiculously accurate number. I believe by default sea level is ALWAYS 64

13. Offline

mindless728

UPDATED!!!!!

14. Offline

Loomis

I literally installed bukkit just for this mod, thanks!

15. Offline

mindless728

your welcome, if there are problems just yell at me

16. Offline

Loomis

Hmmm, when I drop a bucket of water below sea level, it doesn't seem to do anything. Instead of "flowing" like the new blocks or propagating like the old ones, it just sits there like any other block in the game.

Settings are

waterFlowChangeHeight: 64
    waterFlowBelowHeight: CLASSIC
    waterFlowAboveHeight: BETA
    lavaFlowChangeHeight: 64
    lavaFlowBelowHeight: CLASSIC
    lavaFlowAboveHeight: BETA
    blocksToOverwrite:

17. Offline

TankFox

It works! I'm good for the ten I promised. Let me know when you want it :)

18. Offline

mindless728

this should have a list that has the block ids that you want to overwrite wit ha boolean value afterwards

example
    Code:
    blocksToOverwrite: 0 false 37 true

this would overwrite air but not drop the item associated with it and overwrite the yellow flowers and drop the flower after destroying it

19. Offline

Loomis

OHHHHHHHHH, that makes perfect sense, thanks!
    [MERGETIME="1299916345"][/MERGETIME]
    So, what's the likelihood of gettin' sponges in the future ;)

20. Offline

mindless728

I'll look into it, it has been added to the TODO list

21. Offline

TankFox

This mod works reasonably well with the Redstone Sponges mod; http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...kes-sponges-react-to-redstone-440.2007/page-3

When the sponge drops or is activated it blasts away all the water in range, though classic water floods right back inwards again, which I think is hilarious and awesome. I had to clear out a long, epic tunnel by building glass airlocks and blasting the inside clean with a sponge. It was hard, but it worked, and was entirely fun!

22. Offline

Draconicus

Is this plugin map-dependent? I'd like to make a "classic" mode map without making my whole server (several maps) derp.

23. Offline

mindless728

if by this you mean multi-world, no, this makes an entire server into the fluid type, though if there is enough demand i could make a separate config in the file for each world

24. Offline

Draconicus

That'd be splendid

25. Offline

Rocket Widget

Okay so in certain situations on my server, the water/lava will stop flowing. In large open spaces, it works fine, but when it's flowing through a 1x1 block passage way, it will reach the end of the passage and simply stop. Did I miss an override or something?

blocksToOverwrite: 0 false 6 true 37 true 38 true 39 true 40 true 50 true 51 false 55 true 66 true 75 true 76 true 78 false

26. Offline

Loomis

Wierd, I can confirm this. Just go into a room and dig a hole in the wall 2 blocks deep, place a water block in the back of the hole, and it doesn't flow out.

27. Offline

Rocket Widget

So is this addon dead now or what? I haven't heard anything for a week now on this problem I'm having...

28. Offline

mindless728

its the way the server software generates the onFlow event as it is not creating these edge cases

though pretty much everything i am working on is on hold for the quarter as my one class is a lot of work

29. I tried this on the 1.4 development build of Bukkit last night and got the following error:

Could not load plugins/ClassicFluids.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException

30. Offline

TankFox

Same here! I'll be happy to wait for updates :)

Would it be possible to allow Ops to switch on all classicliquids functionality via in game or console? '/classicwater all off' '/classicwater water on'? I think I'd like it if I could turn it on to fill gaps, then turn it off while I worked on underground caverns :)

31. Offline

Steve Member

Errors with the latest version of bukkit:
    Code:
    23:13:47 [SEVERE] BLOCK_FLOW loading ClassicFluids v3.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_FLOW
            at mindless728.ClassicFluids.ClassicFluids.onEnable(ClassicFluids.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)