[INACTIVE] iQuest v3.2.0 - Take NPC questing to the next level! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sddddgjd, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Offline

sddddgjd

iQuest is no longer in active development!

Yeah,that's right,i quit,you can all go home now...:D
    Jokes aside, i am forced to quit working on iQuest,for a number of reasons,including:​

• The code was old...very old! Updating the entire thing just isn't possible!
    • I am really busy with 2 other,bigger,projects, so i can't spend that much time on this!
    • I am not as familiar with the code as i could be if i created it!
    • Big parts of the code just plain suck...i was a really bad coder when i starter this project! :D
    That being said,don't panic! I am going to recreate iQuest from SCRATCH, using just a small part of the main code! It will act the same,however some of the important changes will be:

• Superperms support! It's the future,it's time for people to switch over...
    • More quest types!
    • Parties!
    • Speed improvements!
    • MySQL/SQLite database support!
    • Much easier commands,and interface
    • Spout support!
    • MASSIVE support for RPGWorld, one of the 2 big projects i'm working on...that thing will be INSANE!
    • New configuration support! Should be much harder to mess it up...

You may be wondering,how am i going to pull this off? Well, first of all, i have @Samkio , @tips48, @r3Fuze , and the rest of our coding team to help me! However, we all have to work on separate parts of the plugin, so i will make yet another coding team, which will work exlusively at the questing part! (it will also work as a stand-alone,don't worry :D)

So,that was it, i will start actually working on it now!
    If you want to take part in development,just PM me! If you have atleast one plugin,i'll probably know you already! :p

@cwingrav
    @julietnpn
    @Pandemoneus

You guys helped me the most during development...interested in joining this?

For more details on the new plugin, click!

chudy126p, Samkio, powback and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

spomino

Hello,could NPC show "/q info" rather than "you only have 0 objective done - type /q info..." when right-clicking a NPC while already having a quest ?
    I traduced the quest.yml in french as UTF-8, do you want the file in order to upload it in the thread ?

3. Offline

kahlilnc

I get interval errors. When ever I do quest related commands. I have citizens and iconomy and permissions 3. And get this error.
    Code:
    2011-08-12 12:57:08 [SEVERE] [Hawox's iQuest]:QuestLoader:reader:FileNotFoundException!!!
    2011-08-12 12:57:08 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling iQuest v3.1.0 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:117)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:106)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanToNextToken(ScannerImpl.java:964)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:237)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseImplicitDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:200)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:104)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
        at sddddgjd.iquest.questclasses.QuestLoader.<init>(QuestLoader.java:67)
        at sddddgjd.iquest.iQuest.theQuestsLoadAllIntoArray(iQuest.java:411)
        at sddddgjd.iquest.iQuest.onEnable(iQuest.java:197)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

4. Offline

fragen

Is it possible to do "Deliver" quests (deliver note to other NPC, and then trigger a new quest from that NPC (quest chain)), and add NPC killing to "Kill" quests?

Thanks

5. Offline

sddddgjd

the problem is...really wierd!
    Do you have quests.yml in the right place? Seems that you don't....

Right now,you can't make npcs killable,AFAIK,so adding that would be hard -.-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  6. Offline

undeadmach1ne

technically there are evil npcs which spawn as mobs that try to fight you. not sure if you could work with them in this way or not though...

7. Offline

fragen

What about "Deliver" quest's?

8. Offline

sddddgjd

Possibly,i'll look into it!

no,you get it through "the rest of the files" link!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
  9. Offline

kahlilnc

Oh I do not have a quest.yml in there is it suppose to auto generated?

Oh sorry did not see the rest of the files even though it was in front of me >_>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2018
  10. Offline

RugRats

All i did was remove the money rewards. my server doesn't use an economy.

11. Offline

sddddgjd

If it doesn't detect an economy,it won't give money! So just leave it like that....it 's really a pain to modify .yml files!

12. Offline

RugRats

But in the quest rewards it say the reward is say 500 money. I don't want it to say it if we don't have an economy :) in-game it was say the reward is 500 money.

13. Offline

excalibr23

I did have it on false :) Also, I got it all working. Thank you for all your trouble shooting help, my players love it. I've whitelisted you if you'd still like to come by and check out the awesomeness ;)

14. Offline

Der_Jager

I have had nothing but errors so far! someone please help.. I managed to get it to do the default quests but whenever I put on my own using uquest_maker to help with make the quests (i have tried it without it) no result just.. this

Error occurred while enabling iquest v3.1.0 <is it out of date?>: null

java.lang.nullpointerexception

etc etc etc

why does this happen?

p.s. there is no point giving me a really detailed explanation as I really wouldn't understand it.

15. Offline

sddddgjd

ok,then delete the line, but BE CAREFULL!
    One space will break it!

hmmmm,do you number the quest first?
    There are numbers before each quest,showing their id, if you dont put that number,CRASH!
    Also,i suggest just copy-pasting existing quests,and modifying them to be what you need! That's what the default quests are there for!

16. Offline

Boltblaster

Thanks for the help :) Good job in this plugin. Just 1 more thing to ask. Can you make the number of times a quest can be completed configurable? I don't want my players getting money every time they open and close a gate :)

17. Offline

Der_Jager

thanks for the reply, but yes I do number them I have tried various numbers such as 0, 1, 60, 100 that sort of thing and I also used your defaults as a template to no result it didn't give me the cmd error but when i did use the default I tried /iquest amount where first it said 0 quests loaded and the next giving me an error (in game) which desabled use of all iquest commands... (after a server reload) I tried to give it to the npc it said he was now using quest 60 or whatever it really says (60 was the number for my quest at the time) but on giving him the quest he wouldn't give me the quest...

p.s. do you want the whole error message?

Could I just send you the quest.yml to have a look at?

18. Offline

woodzy

im useing 3.1.9 why it says 3.1.0 i dont know

Code:
    05:27:01 [SEVERE] [Hawox's iQuest]:QuestLoader:reader:FileNotFoundException!!!
    05:27:01 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling iQuest v3.1.0 (Is it up to date?
    ): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:148)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:117)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:106)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanToNextToken(ScannerImpl.ja
    va:964)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.ja
    va:237)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:18
    3)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseImplicitDocumentStart.produ
    ce(ParserImpl.java:200)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:104)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:124)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
            at sddddgjd.iquest.questclasses.QuestLoader.<init>(QuestLoader.java:67)
            at sddddgjd.iquest.iQuest.theQuestsLoadAllIntoArray(iQuest.java:411)
            at sddddgjd.iquest.iQuest.onEnable(iQuest.java:197)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:878)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:272)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:380)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleComma
    ndMap.java:281)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    12)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

19. Offline

wlwhs321

i need some help with how to set up config plez!!

20. Offline

spomino

what is the AWESOME project you are talking about in the thread ? :D

21. Offline

sddddgjd

download the rest of the files....

it's coming!

Sure,pm me!

22. Offline

Tauryuu

I think you should clean up on the opening post. It's quite messy. I could do it for you if you want. :)

23. Offline

sddddgjd

Unfortunately,i'm fighting the bugged bukkit editing...all those fing spaces add on their own,there's nothing i can do!

24. Offline

Tauryuu

Oh, by the way, which Permissions system does this use? Superperms or Perms 3?

25. Offline

sddddgjd

i have no idea....:confused:
    I didnt touch the permission system...
    it imports this:

import com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler;

so it's nijiko's permissions,whatever that is!

26. Offline

woodzy

i jusr redownloaded everything and still the same error

and its 2.7.X for permissions

27. Offline

sddddgjd

05:27:01 [SEVERE] [Hawox's iQuest]:QuestLoader:reader:FileNotFoundException!!!
    Means it can't find the files...are you sure you got the rest of the files??

28. Offline

woodzy

yes sir i am i can do a screen share thro skype if u dont belive me

29. Offline

sddddgjd

:confused:
    Get teamviewer,install it,and pm me the id and password,i'll fix it!

30. Offline

woodzy

sent

31. Offline

sddddgjd

enjoy! :D