[INACTIVE][GEN] General 2.2.11 (Chernobyl) -- A plugin for general commands [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by cjc343, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

cjc343

I fully recommend that you use Celtic Minstrel's General and cease to use this version.

Celtic Minstrel's General (and Bukkit) now support command aliasing in a form that makes this version of General redundant. I am working on a final release which will attempt to upgrade existing 2.x users to the new version, but it will be faster to switch yourself (and potentially easier as well) rather than wait for this to be available.

When switching, you should be aware that your existing configurations will not have an effect. You should take some time to familiarize yourself with the new config options available, as well as making sure that you copy in the new config files.

If you have localized your items.db, you will need to transfer this to the new format.

Sorry for the slow movement on this, I have been moving, on vacation, and then starting a new job and it has left my days quite full for some time now.

Show Spoiler

General 2.2.11 [Chernobyl] (Requires CraftBukkit 818-860+ & Permissions 2.x or 3)
    Downloads:
    Zip File (Contains items.db, general.help, general.motd, config.yml)​
    Old

This fork of General provides basic commands while allowing other plugins to override them automatically. If another plugin registers a command, General will not use it. This allows you to replace only specific features with a different plugin simply by adding the other plugin as well. General will notify you at start-up when it gives a command to another plugin.

General is a fork of Nijikokun's original General plugin, without which, this plugin would never have been possible.
    Features:

Features:
    Commands:
    1. /afk | away (message) -- Set you AFK or set your AFK status.
    2. /playerlist | online | who (player) -- List players or info about a player.
    3. /spawn -- Return to spawn.
    4. /setspawn -- Change spawn to current location.
    5. /time help -- Provides more info about changing the time.
    6. /tp | teleport -- Teleport players or to a player. Type /tp for more info.
    7. /tphere | s (player) -- Teleports a player to you.
    8. /i | give | item [item ID | name in items.db] (amount) -- Gives an item by name or ID#.
    9. /msg | tell [player] [message] -- Send a message to another online user.
    10. /compass -- Direction reading.
    11. /getpos -- Detailed location information.
    12. /motd -- Re-display the MOTD.
    13. /reloaditems | rlidb -- Reload items.db.
    14. /help | ? (page) -- Prints help file.
    Permission Nodes:
    1. general.items: Controls /i, /give, /item

2. general.spawn: Controls ability to use /spawn

3. general.spawn.set: Controls ability to use /setspawn

4. general.teleport: Controls ability to use /tp, /teleport

5. general.teleport.here: Controls ability to use /tphere, /summon

6. general.teleport.to: Controls ability to use /tp * [destination]

7. general.teleport.silent: Prevents notifications when teleporting.

8. general.time: Controls ability to use /time

9. general.player-info: Controls ability to use /playerlist, /online, /who

10. general.reloaditems: Controls ability to use /reloaditems, /rlidb

MOTD:
    Functions Available:
    +dname | +d​
    Player display name.​
    +name | +n​
    Player name.​
    +location | +l​
    Player location.​
    +health | +h​
    Player health.​
    +balance​
    Player iConomy balance.​
    +ip​
    Player IP address.​
    +online​
    # of online users.​
    Color Codes (Put either '&' or 'ยง' in front of the color code):
    0: Black​

1: Dark Blue​

2: Dark Green​

3: Teal​

4: Dark Red​

5: Purple​

6: Gold​

7: Light Grey​

8: Dark Gray​

9: Light Blue​

a: Light Green​

b: Turquoise​

c: Light Red​

d: Pink​

e: Yellow​

f: White​

Config Files:
    items.db -- Goes in the root directory with your server.properties. On most setups, this will be the same folder as the CraftBukkit jar. If you are using MineOS, this is the 'one' 'two' or 'three' folder. A template for this file, and the other config files, is available in the ".zip" download.​

general.help -- Contains general's help information.​

general.motd -- Contains the Message of the Day. Leave blank for no message.​

config.yml -- Allows you to change playerlist settings.​

Change Log:

Change Log:

Version 2.2.11
    - Proper isCancelled checks.​

Version 2.2.10
    - Fixed case-sensitivity issue with dynamic commands​

Version 2.2.9
    - Built against Permissions 3​

- Added support for 1.6 items​

Version 2.2.8
    - iConomy 5 support.​

Version 2.2.7
    - Added silence support to primary teleport case.​

Version 2.2.6
    - Added general.teleport.silent Permission node.​

Version 2.2.5
    - Updated items.db in zip file​
    - Added sapling variants​
    - Added TP messages​
    - Added check for command aliases that conflict with General​

Version 2.2.4
    - Updated for 594+​
    - Added dependency to plugin.yml​
    - Fixed command checking for plugins loading before General.​

Version 2.2.3.1
    - Fixed Permissions loading​
    - Changed iConomy loading method​

Version 2.2.3
    - Changed Permissions loading method.​
    - Added 'general.teleport.to' permission node.​
    - Fixed error when using /who for an offline or nonexistent player.​
    - Updated example items.db to demonstrate 'damage' attributes, as mentioned (and implemented?) by Celtic Minstrel.​

Version 2.2.2
    - Properly cancelled events that actually happen.​

Version 2.2.1
    - Changed the way General checks other plugins for commands.​

Version 2.2
    - Code Refactoring​
    - Uses new method to set spawn​
    - Eliminates direct access to CraftBukkit​

Version 2.1.2.1
    - Fixed loop when permissions not present.​
    - Other small fixes and optimizations that I don't remember​
    - Old code cleanup​
    - Actually uploaded to github

Version 2.1.2
    - Actually fixed iConomy (4.0) support.​
    - Fixed MOTD not appearing from some version​

Version 2.1.1.2
    - Added support for 454+​
    - No longer throws NPE if config isn't present​

Version 2.1.1.1
    - Fixed setspawn​
    - Fixed iConomy 3.0 iirc.​

Version 2.1.1
    - Added Permissions 2.1 support.​

Version 2.1.0.2 - By Tatsu-Kan
    - Added Beta 1.3 items.​

Version 2.1.0.1
    - First release of "Unofficial General"​
    - Built for build 432+​

Version 2.1 and Earlier are by Nijikokun with contributions from Celtic Minstrel, verrier, OniTux, and others? Celtic Minstrel has also created a fork of General. I will use it myself and stop updating this once Bukkit provides any interface for overriding other plugins. One method of achieving this is currently a low priority issue for the Bukkit team.

Darkspear and Tazzernator like this.
  2. Offline

Ttbot

Ok, i just realized i'm running the latest RECOMMENDED build, so i'm on 556. Just decided to kinda make a 'clean' server by redownloading everything and currently the server has NOTHING but 556 bukkit, and the general plugin.

Every time i try to use /spawn /setspawn and /time i still get the PLAYER_COMMAND_PROCESS error....not quite sure what to do? For now i'll try earlier builds of craftbukkit and see if it helps

Edit: So i got everything to work when i moved down to a lower bukkit and had no other plugins. Once i loaded a bunch of my other plugins it stopped working. I'm pretty sure some plugin is making it not work, but i have no clue which one

Edit2: I figured it out!!! There's a plugin called DYNMAP that was breaking ur plugin

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-dynmap-v0-14-realtime-minecraft-maps-556.489/

That plugin would give the the error that it couldn't push my command through to use things like /spawn, /setspawn, etc. Anyway u think u could fix it?

kahlilnc likes this.
  3. Offline

Nuk3d

The plugin was running fine on 2.2.2 and Permissions was always working. I don't see anything in the config that needs fixing, it was set to Permissions, and the one in the 2.2.3 zip doesn't have that property anymore.

4. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

I hate to say it too but I'm using CB 556. MOTD works but any command I use gives this...

2011-03-27 16:45:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to General
    2011-03-27 16:45:17 [INFO] dr_herbalist issued server command: i wood

Oh and I'm using these plugins...
    AntiBuild.jar
    AntiHack.jar
    BigBrother.jar
    CommandIConomy.jar
    ecoCreature.jar
    FakePermissions.jar
    General.jar
    GroupManager.jar
    HeroicDeath.jar
    iChat.jar
    iConomy.jar
    LocalShops.jar
    LWC.jar
    MultiVerse.jar
    SignColours.jar
    SpawnX.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    WorldGuard.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
    kahlilnc likes this.
  5. Offline

cjc343

Unless someone's getting an error on a line OTHER than 627, this appears to be an issue with Permissions not working.

That said, I'm currently loading up my test server with 556 and am going to see if there's any circumstances besides Permissions being missing where this could occur.

It would be helpful if Ttbot, Nuk3d and @kahlilnc could post your list of plugins, and full server startup logs (including a failed command attempt) could be useful too.

dr_herbalist didn't mention Dynmap and is encountering this as well. I will take a look, but it doesn't seem to universally be the problem.

E:

I am able to reproduce this -- General isn't hooking into Permissions. Working on fixing it.

I was testing with an old version of Permissions, it was causing General to load first and everything to work fine.

When I upgraded Permissions, it loaded first instead, which made it so General didn't properly detect it.

This means there also may be some issues with the way commands are currently detected for certain plugins, although I have not been able to reproduce this behavior yet with any plugins that should override General's commands. I will be creating a dummy plugin to test this myself later in the day.

@Nuk3d @Ttbot @Dr_Herbalist @kahlilnc

For now, 2.2.3.1 is posted with fixes to Permissions and iConomy code.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Thanks for the quick fix.
    Sorry to make you spell it out but do you mean you uploaded a fixed version because the download is identical size to the one the doesn't work and still gives the error.

7. Offline

Nuk3d

Alright, thanks. I can still post my log and plugins if you need it.

edit: Yep it's working for me, thanks alot.

Dr_Herbalist: the .jar is .2kb larger for me, but anyways it's the new one

cjc343 likes this.
  8. Offline

cjc343

:/ That is what I mean, and it should be 33.9kb, up from 33.7. I just tested the dl links and both the "Latest JAR" and the "Zip" link contain the version I just released.

Could you paste your server startup log + using a command in full please?

Only if it's still having issues.

9. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

10. Offline

cjc343

Dr_Herbalist likes this.
  11. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Thank you so much, this one is 33.9kb. I even deleted the previous version and re-downloaded it.
    Never had that kind of issue before with updating anything but grateful for the archive link.
    Ill let you know how it works.

Edit: Works perfectly fine now. Thanks!

cjc343 likes this.
  12. Offline

serenewaffles

This is definitely blocking Help from getting /help commands.
    Code:
    CB: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    General: 2.2.3.1
    Help: 0.2
    Let me know if you want any more information. My hunch is that the problem is Help loading before General

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It can't be that, because the first plugin to load gets the command. That said, it's more likely that General is loading before Help.

Still, I've no idea why that would cause a problem given how this version of General does stuff.

14. Offline

cjc343

I changed the way General checks plugins for commands a while back that, while fixing other bugs, may have helped cause this one.

At the time, I tested overriding fairly thoroughly and had /help working, but recently ran into this method not working when Permissions loaded sooner than General. It is likely that if Help is loading before General (which, even with the new method shouldn't have happened unless bukkit changed the plugin load order :/) then General is not giving up the help command.

I'll be testing Help in a bit, and hopefully won't have any issues with reproducing the error. It will be a while before I have a new version available, because I do need to leave soon, and won't be back for several hours.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce this. I just installed that exact setup on my test server, and Help loads after General, and General releases the /help command.

I'll need full server startup logs, including you using the /help command with a screenshot of the output.

15. Offline

Lunar Delta

Doing a /give [item] gives 2 of the item.

16. Offline

cjc343

I haven't had this issue at all. What other plugins are you using?

There is a new version, 2.2.4, which is available in the first post. It is only for 594+ but should fix any issues with plugins loading before General.

17. Offline

serenewaffles

Here is the full start up log
    Code:
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-03-29 04:00:19 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-03-29 04:00:20 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    2011-03-29 04:00:20 [INFO] QuickBelt 0.1.6 loaded.
    2011-03-29 04:00:20 [INFO] [HELP] 0 extra help entries loaded
    2011-03-29 04:00:20 [INFO] [HELP] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v2.5.4
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] [HELP] Help 0.2 enabled
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] ScrapBukkit version 0.2.1 is enabled!
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix)  loaded
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] [iChat] Using Permissions 2.5 (2.5.4) for permissions
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] iChat (v2.2.0) enabled
    2011-03-29 04:00:21 [INFO] Loading BetterShop version 1.6.2.4 ...
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [BetterShop] Newer BetterShop version found on git (Tue Mar 29 00:54:50 EDT 2011)
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [BetterShop] BetterShop.csv loaded.
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [BetterShop] BetterShopItemStock.csv loaded.
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [WARNING] [BetterShop] iConomy not yet found...
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [BetterShop] Attached to Permissions.
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] BetterShop version 1.6.2.4 is enabled!
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [General] version [2.2.3.1] (Chernobyl) loaded
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [General] hooked into Permissions.
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [General] hooked into iConomy.
    2011-03-29 04:00:23 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] [iConomy] v4.6 (Elektra) loaded.
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun, Coelho]
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] iConomy
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] [General] hooked into iConomy.
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] [BetterShop] Attached to iConomy.
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] [iConomy] hooked into Permissions.
    2011-03-29 04:00:24 [INFO] Done (0.422s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    Don't know when I'll be able to get a screen shot of using /help, but it is outputting what I have in general.help. I have tried it using a blank general.help and without a general.help, both of those resulted in the General's help header and no help entries. I will try to get a screencap this afternoon.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see your post about the update. I'll give that a shot this afternoon and let you know how it works out. I'll leave this up just in case it becomes relevant again.

EDIT2: General is giving up commands now. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

EDIT3: Just learned that I lost MotD functionality when I went to 2.2.4. It doesn't display on login and the server doesn't recognize /motd as a command.

18. Offline

cjc343

Unless you are using CB 594+, motd won't work because the PLAYER_JOIN event changed a bit. 2.2.4 is aimed at the next RB, which is not yet released.

Help is certainly loading before General in your logs, not sure why it loads in the other order for me. Luckily, I was able to create a plugin that loads before General and test with that, so once a new RB is released, everything should be fine again.

19. Offline

cjc343

2.2.4 is compatible with 602, and is being pushed as the latest build. Previous builds are still available for download.

20. Offline

serenewaffles

If you could make which permissions nodes go with which commands more clear that would be pretty great. It could be as easy as making the number of the command the same as the number of the permissions node(s) that correspond.

Also, using 2.2.4 with 602 seems to be working perfectly again, thanks for the good work!

21. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Number? What number? Commands and permission nodes don't have numbers. Did you mean name?

22. Offline

lolligertyp

I use git-Bukkit-0.0.0-617-g78ac8a8-b621jnks (MC: 1.4) And the /time feature won't work:
    Invalid Time '/time <? | number >
    I think this is the time by bukkit and not by general. I'm OP and my Testuser can't use this feature, too!

23. Offline

jedimaster0

can't seem to get kits or general help [help.help] to work.

24. Offline

cjc343

I can't reproduce this. What command are you using?

Did you place the help file from the zip in the General folder?

I added a bit more explanation to each Permissions node.

25. Offline

jedimaster0

Well I remember being able to place other .help files in the general folder. Then calling them up with the /general help (filename) command. For instance I have a stargate help file (stargate.help) and if I typed "/general help stargate" it would bring up whatever I typed in file.

26. Offline

cjc343

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-help-0-2-the-smart-help-menu-531.6536/

Overrides General's help command without issue.

27. Offline

serenewaffles

I mean in the list in the first post. The commands are in a numbered list and the permission nodes are in a numbered list. Would it be possible for the permission node for command one to be number one. Like this:
    Commands:
    1. Command 1
    2. Command 2
    3. Command 3
    4. Command 4

Permission Nodes:
    1. general.command1,4
    3. general.command3
    4. general.command1,4

(In this example command two doesn't have a permission node)

I was confused by the number of permissions nodes you have for teleporting and whether player-info is needed for /online

28. Offline

turtlelink2

Code:
    12:13:06 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to General
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.nijikokun.cjcfork.bukkit.General.iListen.onPlayerCommandPreproces
    s(iListen.java:814)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:190)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:586)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:557)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:551)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    12:13:06 [INFO] Turtlelink2 issued server command: online
    12:13:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to General
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.nijikokun.cjcfork.bukkit.General.iListen.onPlayerCommandPreproces
    s(iListen.java:611)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:190)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:586)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:557)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:551)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    build 612... this happens for any command besides /help

29. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

What version of General are you using? Because it sounds like you're on 3.x, which this thread is not about.

30. Offline

cjc343

That appears to be a Permissions issue. Please upgrade to at least build 617 and make sure you have Permissions set up.

If it still doesn't work, please paste your server startup log.

Does it make more sense now?

Ah, I should have thought to check if you had expanded help... I just assumed it was the "Help" plugin...

31. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yeah, General 3.x replaces "/help" with "/general help" to avoid conflicts.