[INACTIVE] [FUN] PVP Arena v0.0.3 - Team Style PVP Arena [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bradley Hilton, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Offline

DinosaurDance

I'm still having the same error report as 'An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command. Could you please fix this? It's starting to really annoy me.
    [Edit]
    Yes, i did just make an account just now to post this. Proves how desperate i am for a fix.

2. Offline

beatcomet

Hello Bradly, Here are my new ideas :

- Arena protection system : Instead of using worldguard, zones etc. players will be able to protect the arena by just selecting two points. To use it you will need to type the command : Arena <Arena name> protect and select the two corners of the arena.

- Spectator ticket system for the WWT : Players will be able to buy a ticket for the greatest show - the World Wide Tournamnet. The money from the tickets will got to the arena manager. It's only possible if WWT and Multiple arenas will be added.

- Sudden Death : Fights will take no longer than:
    5 minuts for 1 vs 1
    9 minuts for 2 vs 2
    13 minuts for 3 vs 3
    17 minuts for 4 vs 4

and so on.
    If the fight gets longer, Sudden death will be activated : eveny player will get his HP lowered to half a heart.

3. Offline

Inf

Im useing this and mob arena and I like them both, but this one doesnt have 2 importat features.
    1. There is no reset after the match yet
    2. There is no protection ( I use factions to do the job atm ) but this way I cant make any builder classes.

Everything else works fine! ( well one time the losing team stayd in the arena )

Also, I would love a CTF like or Domination like game mode (DM is also a good idea)! Something like in the war plugin! Only better :D

4. Offline

beatcomet

As you can see it's all suggested (mostly by me xD), The devs will do evenry thing they can to make sure the plugin will stay the best

5. Offline

embty

how about /pa red/blue for picking a team instead of random? I had my friend to do this for me on my server /fight red/blue I can ask him for the source if you would like it.

6. Offline

Redyugi

Suggestion: Team mates can't hurt each other.
    It was a huge problem on my server, but I have since started my own (really basic at the moment) PVP arena plugin. It disables Friendly Fire, and has really basic lobby protection. (Original one, signs could be broken)
    So just telling you guys to help yous be the best you can :)

7. Offline

paste120

This is awesome, on my server we just built an arena [​IMG]
    Ideas
    • Would it be possible to expand it to 4 teams? or a configurable amount?
    • The ability to have spectators warp back to where they came from would be cool too.
    • Along with possible Spectator waypoint and Fighter Spectator waypoints for separation.
    • Extinguish fighters when teleporting them to spec area (Our arena has lava).

8. Offline

heroanth2345

Thank you for not letting Fight plugin die like this!
    I'm simply glad someone finally took the...the... (DAMN I'M MISSING A F****ING WORD)
    Anyway, people on my server loves you... xD

Bradley Hilton likes this.
  9. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Which version of CraftBukkit are you using? How are your people dying when the fight is supposed to end? And have you noticed any errors when viewing the console?

Usually when it says "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command." there is some error in the console. Any chance of you getting that and posting that? And also, what command are you trying to do? I need more information before we can even attempt to fix that, because that's a very vague report. It's about getting us details and more details. :)

You mate are just full of ideas! Lol we've been busy with real life this weekend and will get to working on this plugin this week, thanks for all your ideas.. Like I have said earlier we'll work on them after multiple arenas are supported. :) Cause that'd be pointless of having only one arena when you can do different things lol

What type of reset are you thinking of? If any blocks have been placed? Can ya expand some more on this one? Thanks

Protection of what?

We'll see about this, if your friend wants to send us the source code for that part, then contact me via private conversation and we'll work that out. :)

Yeah I've thought about that, and had mentioned it to the other developer because I was playing on my server and we had two archers and we ended up shooting each other a couple of times :eek: lol Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Thanks for those suggestions! We'll consider adding them as time goes, but after we add support for more than one arena. And I completely understand the extinguishing the players because we have lava in our arena too.

:D Thanks! I didn't want to see it die either, it was and will continue to be an amazing plugin!!!

10. Offline

HolyRane

Looks good :p

11. Offline

Redyugi

That's exactly how I thought of it! lol. :)

12. Offline

beatcomet

Hello :) , a day has passed so I got some more ideas for you :

- Beat the stop watch mode : Players will compete against each other and have very limited time in order to win, The winner gets higher amount of money depanding on the time took to win. The faster you = the more money you get.

- Some messages saying wihch team is winning : You got this system in every competitive game, After your team takes the lead a message will appear saying -
    <RED|BLUE> team has taken the lead <Blue players : Red Players> (or something like that)
    The score will be a counter that will show how many people left in any team. If there are 2 blue players left and 1 red left it will show the following message : Blue team has taken the kead (2:1)

13. Offline

Snaipe

Hi,

could you put a setting to choose whenether to allow in-battle teleportation ? We've made some teleporting pressure plates inside the arena, but in fight, no one can use them :/

14. Offline

Inf

I think the problem with that would be pol useing /spawn or other teleport commands and leave the game.

15. Offline

Snaipe

then maybe detect if the player is inside a cuboid area ( where the arena would be ) and if not kick him out of battle with no reward ?

Also, I have a suggestion :

would it be possible to make respawn every fighter at their team's spawn ? Then, count the number of deaths for each team, and finally, after a defined amount of time, choose as the winner the team which died the less/killed the most ( and maybe with a special reward for the fighter who has the best kill/die ratio ).

that would be great !

16. Offline

paste120

Bukkit : 860

Code:
    23:20:52 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to pvparena
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "none"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
        at craftyn.pvparena.PVPArena.giveRewards(PVPArena.java:591)
        at craftyn.pvparena.PADeathListener.onEntityDeath(PADeathListener.java:93)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$52.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:605)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:393)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.damageEntity(EntityHuman.java:432)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.damageEntity(EntityPlayer.java:184)
        at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:678)
        at net.minecraft.server.Entity.move(Entity.java:609)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.a(EntityLiving.java:527)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.a(EntityHuman.java:785)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.u(EntityLiving.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.u(EntityHuman.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.u(EntityPlayer.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.o_(EntityLiving.java:231)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.o_(EntityHuman.java:96)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:197)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:286)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    23:20:52 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] ElIndio took a bath in a lake of fire
    23:20:54 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] ElIndio took a bath in a lake of fire

17. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Wow man, kinda getting complicated there lol do you currently have an arena built in your server? Cause the way you're talking, it sounds like you have a massive one (or at least that's what I'm imagining) lol will addnthese to the list of think abouts :)

Are you using a plugin for this? If so, which one... And I wont promise anything yet to tell you the truth.

Go look back at the first post underneath the To Do list, number three. :)

Thanks.. And how did this come about? Do you remember how the user was being killed?

18. Offline

Snaipe

I'm using PressurePort.

Awww, I missed that line :/

19. Offline

paste120

At the bottom there it said he fell in lava.

20. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Like I said I won't make any promises, but later I might look into it.

Sorry I didn't see that part, I'm on the iPad and that was hidden from view. I think in the next release this will either be fixed or in the way of being fixed.. A bug that's been reported is one I'm trying to squish out but for some reason when I tried last night I couldn't.... Granted it was 3am and I was tired as all get out. Hopefully tonight there will be a releasefor bug fixes. :)

paste120 likes this.
  21. Offline

beatcomet

My arena is truly massive, 75x75.
    And i'm planning on making it even bigger. The arena contias some random-bit generators and using false book I made zones with randomly igniting netherrack. I also use soulsand to make it event harder for the players.

BTW here are some more ideas :

- Skill mode : The admin may set skill mode battle for certain arenas. Skill mode means no items, just using your hands and brain to get the upper hand.

- Joker mode : This is truly one of the most awsome thing you may ever add another team, this team will be playing as a joker, they will chose who they want to attack and how. They will be invincible so they won't get any reward because they cannot win. Jokers will not be able to chat during the fight.

Bradley Hilton likes this.
  22. Code:
    [COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia]23:20:52 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to pvparena
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "none"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
        at craftyn.pvparena.PVPArena.giveRewards(PVPArena.java:591)
        at craftyn.pvparena.PADeathListener.onEntityDeath(PADeathListener.java:93)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$52.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:605)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:393)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.damageEntity(EntityHuman.java:432)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.damageEntity(EntityPlayer.java:184)
        at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:678)
        at net.minecraft.server.Entity.move(Entity.java:609)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.a(EntityLiving.java:527)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.a(EntityHuman.java:785)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.u(EntityLiving.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.u(EntityHuman.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.u(EntityPlayer.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.o_(EntityLiving.java:231)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.o_(EntityHuman.java:96)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:197)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:286)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    23:20:52 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] ElIndio took a bath in a lake of fire
    [/code

Same error as above, using a 874 build or something... 
    23:20:54 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] ElIndio took a bath in[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

23. Offline

beatcomet

remove none from the config file.
    that should solve one problem.

24. Offline

Bradley Hilton

I'm very curious, what problem does that solve?

25. Offline

beatcomet

the console spam when the game tries to give an item named none :D

this is one of the most common problems in the main plugin as well as this one.

if(config.getKeys("rewards") == null){
    config.load();
    config.setProperty("rewards.entry-fee", 0);
    config.setProperty("rewards.amount", 0);
    config.setProperty("rewards.items", "none");
    config.save();

and from :
    entryFee = config.getInt("rewards.entry-fee", 0);
    rewardAmount = config.getInt("rewards.amount", 0);
    rewardItems = config.getString("rewards.items", "none");

enjoy :D

26. Offline

kahlilnc

Can you add friendly fire and when I died it sent me to spawn. Not the spectator zone.

27. Offline

LlmDl

I am also seeing issues with the loser of a fight being respawned. It worked, TPing me to the spectator area on my first death. Afterwards it stopped TPing losers, they would just stay in the arena. Now I am seeing them being sent to my main world's spawn and the spectator area (causing them to be kicked for an illegal stance, being two places at once.)

28. Offline

kahlilnc

And now the game wont end at all? Everyone on red team died and nothing happend.

29. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Any errors thrown?

Updated the first post and updated the plugin!! Please update and report all bugs :)

30. Offline

Rytharr

Thank you so much for taking this over. I'm still using Deminetix's build and its working perfectly on cb860 but I will switch to yours tomorrow after work.